Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

My account is active until mid 2015, not really worried about a speedy beta invite. It's going to be fairly glitchy I'm sure right off of the bat.

If you guys waited 5+ years, whats another month? LOLLOLOL NINONINONINO
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

8)

Now gimme a beta invite!
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Someone subscribing one month every year or so won't have more vet months than someone subscribing for a full year. I would imagine that vet points is a value stored in their database since all new toons created on an account immediately get rewarded vet points based on total paid time for that account.. can't really get any easier than simply looking at the vet point values on active accounts unless loyalty is not what they are rewarding (and I use rewarding loosely since beta testing is anything but a reward.. but it does give people something new to do I guess).
    As a person with a fair amount of vet points (but a 3 month sub instead of 6 or 12), my self-interest leads me to completely agree.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Water is fine and dandy but is lava and green/acid pools part of this water system?
    The green slime pools are the most important part.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Wow. So much qq..

If you cant pay for 12 months, getting beta access is the least of your problems. Fix your life first.
    Pelikan, some of us -as stated by Armus and Ciassene- live in countries where having access to these games is no less than a luxury. In my case, for example, paying ~US$ 100 to play a game is absolute nonsense since my government (Venezuela) imposed an exchange-rate regime that has been around for over a decade. This means that I have limited access to currencies other than my own. For internet use (buying in Amazon, paying AO or watching pr0n) I only have US$400. Yet, I've managed to play AO since december 2001 (altho with long breaks at times). Do I consider myself a veteran player? Hell yes. Do I think I deserve to test the engine before many many others? Yes. Could I "fix" my life if it were that easy? I'm trying Meanwhile, I'd like to put aside all of the political nonsense that I live in and have fun, but FC won't let me :O (qq)
    Last edited by User1337; Nov 30th, 2013 at 18:11:00.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ‘Se habla espaρol!

Since it's NBA only none of us who talk on the regular here will get into this beta round.. it is likely they are giving access to active test live users who also bug hunt too already.. either way it's progress...any video shinies of water or NPE that we can get?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    wtb beta invite
    WTB Lazy's Beta invite!

Well, mainly to test the continued functionality of AO Items Assistant+

I'm sure it'll all look fabulous and the steam population will come pouring in by this time next year

But seriously, good job guys n gals, this will have been quite a task to get to this stage alone!
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

BTW, AO is already on Steam DB, they just must throw it on there...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    WTB Lazy's Beta invite!

Well, mainly to test the continued functionality of AO Items Assistant+

I'm sure it'll all look fabulous and the steam population will come pouring in by this time next year

But seriously, good job guys n gals, this will have been quite a task to get to this stage alone!
    by not giving me beta invite devs are literally worse than two hitlers

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    by not giving me beta invite devs are literally worse than two hitlers
    Behave already.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I am delighted to see things happening; wheels turning, progression being made!

The changes outlined for Closed Beta are impressive and a great starting point and I am very much hoping to get a shot at breaking (read: finding holes in) the beta; should I get a spot!

I do hope being on a one month recurring sub (as I have always been) will not affect my chances too greatly. I've always been one month recurring because it suits me (in terms of monthly outgoings) better; such is my economic state.

With any luck I shall be seeing some of you in beta regardless!

Congratulations Devs. You've done well!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

If I ask nicely for a Beta Invite here, could I get one?

I have been rendered speechless for a short time.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Lazy is too busy being shot at to need an invite! Don't give him one!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Oh, BTW, my dxdiag has changed twice since my application for the closed beta. Is there any way to update it?

Speaking of when you sent in your dxdiag.

Did you get your info on whether someone was on a 12/6 month sub when they sent in their dxdiag? Or if theyre on one now, Funcom?

(yes i know that info obviously isnt in the dxdiag duh, just wondering when they took in that data)

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013
    We are starting gradually with the Closed Beta invitations. As a token of our appreciation, those who have signed up for 12 month Membership plans will be given the highest priority and those with 6 months plans the second highest.
    Wow really, how about the years of service verse who has a fatter wallet at this current time?
    Hells Heroes
    Montelukast 220 Doctor - Redsonjah 220 Enforcer - Blackgammon2 220 Engineer
    Hellsheroes 220 Nano-Tech - Tinykungfu 220 Martial Artist - Dayvidian 220 Soldier
    Allomancer 213 Keeper - Captplanet 217 Meta-Physicist - Mrspeed 200 Fixer

Why get your tizzies in a twist for a most likely buggy as hell closed beta?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Why get your tizzies in a twist for a most likely buggy as hell closed beta?
    Several reasons to want in on the beta:

1. I love breaking stuff.
    2. I love AO so I would like to chip in on the war efforts
    3. ahem... shinny stuff! new engine...

Not really bothered by not having gotten the invite yet. I know it will come eventually.

But I can't simply ignore the engine... "My preciousssssssss!!!!"
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Thumbs up

Beta launch ftw...!
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast