Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG! war! no meeps!? wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    If it were 2006 it would've been 120 vs 120.
    it was actually closer to 50 v 50 probably, I just went with min guess

and LOL...2006/07 is highly over-glorified imo, there were lots of huge wars, but it was not as AWESOME as so many remember, mainly due to the massive use of lag exploits, and number culling by the server. not too many people wanted to bother with such horrible mechanics at the time. tl5 wars were where it shined at the time, since the wars were usually about half as were at tl7 wars, and not nearly as many server issues since the numbers were low enough to be easily handled. but ofc, I had a very craptastic system then, and sat out of a lot of huge wars.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 29th, 2013 at 13:46:30.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    it was actually closer to 50 v 50 probably, I just went with min guess

and LOL...2006/07 is highly over-glorified imo, there were lots of huge wars, but it was not as AWESOME as so many remember, mainly due to the massive use of lag exploits, and number culling by the server. not too many people wanted to bother with such horrible mechanics at the time. tl5 wars were where it shined at the time, since the wars were usually about half as were at tl7 wars, and not nearly as many server issues since the numbers were low enough to be easily handled. but ofc, I had a very craptastic system then, and sat out of a lot of huge wars.
    We didnt have nearly a full RI so wasn't 50 :-p

Agreed on the tl5 though, was much easier to play and more fun overall

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap View Post
    We didnt have nearly a full RI so wasn't 50 :-p

Agreed on the tl5 though, was much easier to play and more fun overall
    I'm just guessing, it's tough to tell with pets and all. the point being that it's still happening, and still fun. so all those people with this defeatist attitude (on both sides) need to just join and get over it already.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    CLAN UNITY!

Let's elect a bot council guys.

A vote for me is a vote for long posts!

Glad to hear tower wars are getting back into swing though... and I do think leadership plays a huge part in activity which is obvious to anyone after things went so stagnant Clanside when a good portion of the established leadership took a holiday from war.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Could we organise a date which we all know in advance, both clan and omni. Both sides gather all they can and we can have some good fights. This so that us with very limited time to play, but still enjoys good war, can be online?
    Quote Originally Posted by docharmm
    Srry but this is not just a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Comi
    On tl7 notum wars, I used to rush clan blobs, sb and then os, effectively wiping an entire clan force. Now, we cant do that anymore, how is that not a change ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonthealu View Post
    Could we organise a date which we all know in advance, both clan and omni. Both sides gather all they can and we can have some good fights. This so that us with very limited time to play, but still enjoys good war, can be online?
    YES! Lets sort this! Going to be hard with all different time zones to get the right hours, just go with the majority vote I guess. For me most Saturday and Sunday evenings are best(gmt).
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

With clan barely managing to scrape up enough people to start an unsuccessful tower attack once a week how do you figure this would work?

Look out, Bor heroes about
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

yes they organized it for today. 4 Omni defenders vs. 20ish clan.

enjoy!
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    With clan barely managing to scrape up enough people to start an unsuccessful tower attack once a week how do you figure this would work?
    Haters gonna hate

Well Im thinking it could work. It might end in a zerg fest, but it just might work, and we just might have some fun for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by docharmm
    Srry but this is not just a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Comi
    On tl7 notum wars, I used to rush clan blobs, sb and then os, effectively wiping an entire clan force. Now, we cant do that anymore, how is that not a change ?!

When I went to my first few Tara raids it quickly became apparent to me that all the gossip about the behaviour of the administrator's of Tnet and tower wars and Tara loot was true. It was due to a failure of leadership of course, but there was no way to get Tara loot without a blue moon occurrence of server emptiness or endlessly Tower Wars participation. Many ppl had bitter unforgivable encounters with that failed bot and its day to day running and policies. What these ppl and promoters of Tnet really care about is how they can get their points transferred over to the new bot to spend at Tara.

Failure to admit this even now by those involved just keeps the scabs fresh. No-one will move on without this occurring. I'm just speaking for what I've noticed on the clan side in my own conversations. Multi-boxing, zergs or blocking is not the real problem. The real problem occurred over several years. Yes there's a new bot, and yes new ppl can be fooled once the new engine draws in gamers. However, some ppl have long memories and there are more of them than some ppl care to admit. They will be educating newcomers for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    When I went to my first few Tara raids it quickly became apparent to me that all the gossip about the behaviour of the administrator's of Tnet and tower wars and Tara loot was true. It was due to a failure of leadership of course, but there was no way to get Tara loot without a blue moon occurrence of server emptiness or endlessly Tower Wars participation. Many ppl had bitter unforgivable encounters with that failed bot and its day to day running and policies. What these ppl and promoters of Tnet really care about is how they can get their points transferred over to the new bot to spend at Tara.

Failure to admit this even now by those involved just keeps the scabs fresh. No-one will move on without this occurring. I'm just speaking for what I've noticed on the clan side in my own conversations. Multi-boxing, zergs or blocking is not the real problem. The real problem occurred over several years. Yes there's a new bot, and yes new ppl can be fooled once the new engine draws in gamers. However, some ppl have long memories and there are more of them than some ppl care to admit. They will be educating newcomers for many years to come.

Hello Notwar, still not doing any wars are you?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Haters gonna hate

Well Im thinking it could work. It might end in a zerg fest, but it just might work, and we just might have some fun for once.
    It's not hate, it's a legitimate question. Being barely motivated by promise of bot points, towers and tara loot how do you plan to draw people in ? You would be lucky if you could gather 10 people on clan side willing to go on suicide runs just for the sake of pvp. Don't think I'm against your initiative because I would love to be proven wrong on this, I just don't see it happening.

When I went to my first few Tara raids it quickly became apparent to me that all the gossip about the behaviour of the administrator's of Tnet and tower wars and Tara loot was true. It was due to a failure of leadership of course, but there was no way to get Tara loot without a blue moon occurrence of server emptiness or endlessly Tower Wars participation.
    Ah so you are simply pissed because there were more dedicated players than you getting the loot. You want ppl who rarely turn up to get loot. You want the bot to have counter productive loot handling that deters the ppl who the bot needs most of all.Namely the ones that turn up when needed, not just for tara farming.

Tough luck, won't happen.

Many ppl had bitter unforgivable encounters with that failed bot and its day to day running and policies.
    Really? I thought it went rather smoothly given the different cultures and given the fact that there was no merger, just basically Rk1+DI at the start. Yes Tnet doesn't have a charter. Tnet assumes ppl will behave. Tnet trusts it's leaders. And so does the vast majority of the members. If you don't, then that's your problem.

As for your idea that Tnet is failiure. You're a proper clown, aren't you? Tnet's been around for 9+ years or so. It's been extremely successful holding tl7 towers and tara on rk1. It's also the bot that took and held tl7 after the merger. With VERY little help from the old rk2 bots. In fact there's been anti Tnet propaganda from day one from that direction and it continues right up till this day in your very post.

And what did you guys achieve yourselves? Nothing on the new server and you alienated most if not all NW leaders worth anything from rk2. And this is why even now after Tnet's sort of officially on vacation, what you've achieved ammounts to exactly nothing.

So if Tnet's a failiure, what does that make you?

What these ppl and promoters of Tnet really care about is how they can get their points transferred over to the new bot to spend at Tara.
    You're joking, right? Nobody in the Tnet leader group will join that bot. And from what I can tell, there's noone else there either, save for a few ppl who burned their bridges with Tnet.

Btw it was the creator of the new bot who said there will be a points x-fer, without asking any permission or concent from anyone. So much for transparency and democracy eh? There will never be a pts transfter from Tnet to a bot run that way.
    I told the guy this and he back pedaled and changed the website. Now it says that the pts will be copied, not transferred. You get that?

You're not needed so you just keep sitting on your own bot with the other 5 ppl who you have duped into hating Tnet. The rest will actually DO somethhing when the day comes and not give ppl like you a second thought. You're just like that french guy who always joins Tnet activity, but refuses to join the bot so ppl has to post callers and rallies in the RI to him. Just so he can continue his little hate campaign against the only ppl on clan side who actually managed tl7 NW on the new server. I won't resort to namecalling, because it's not needed in this case.

The End
    Last edited by Armus; Dec 5th, 2013 at 19:00:07.

Man, I'm glad I'm Omni....
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    One word Aiken: Punk

When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

...blahblah random ranting about tnet...
    What these ppl and promoters of Tnet really care about is how they can get their points transferred over to the new bot to spend at Tara.
    blahblah random ranting about tnet...
    Ok im not going to comment on your whole post. I believe in freedom of mind, so if you dont feel like tnet is for you, simply dont join.
    However that one point of you is horribly wrong. *Any* of the tnet leaders in charge probably got their tara phats years before you even began to play AO.
    They couldnt ./care less about points. In case you dont know, tnet points got reset after the merge. In fact, many people leading on point list on RK1 who were way ahead over your average points-hungry monkey player didnt even spend them after the merge was officially announced to happen real soon, even though they knew they would loose them. For some people sitting on many points used to mean a social value - if anything. You know, a sign of participation in your fractions main pvp bot system.
    Its not all about points and phats you know, believe it or not, many people are there only for fun and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Ya, I miss all the times Foob went crazy

Thumbs up

It quite obvious that the TNET just wont admit to their behaviour. ALLOT of players have left this game over TNET and its policies. Their rants and raves and logical discussions are long gone from these forums. Easy to get a forum closed, just flame and hate and its soon gone.

If TNET is so wonderful why has it folded? Mention that name in most org chats and you'll find yourself covered in Pixelated spit. The last 10 supporters are very vocal as they have allot to lose. Having a monopoly and finally losing it has to be upsetting.

You can see their attitudes in the comments posted after my first posts. Its just this very mindset that caused their demise. It ran for 9 years because they managed to implement a monopoly on the naive. Player base is down and only the wise and experienced are left and most of them avoid it like the plague. Not all, but most. They cant handle it of course so attack the person if you cant attack their idea's.

You couldn't go to tara and expect any loot without points. Plain and simple. That's a monopoly. This was supported in other raidbots where you had to go to tara site after your raid and join TNET in order to get your phatz from the raid and ofc this was not announced pre-raid. That's monopolistic behaviour. So where is the FUN in that?! As well you could not expect anyone from TNET to come and join in your Tower Raid Defence if you didn't join TNET during the defence. That's monopolistic behaviour. LOL. I want to attend Tower wars as it is fun, but I had to stop as I refused to support TNET. Now its gone but once you speak up you get hated so I cant be bothered. Too many haters supported and ran TNET and they are still around and participate in other bots. But you never know

Unfortunately, they haven't gone away. So be careful in which org you ask questions as you'll get the tar and feather and lashes treatment or just be excluded. I don't scare easily so call me names all you want, your just showing your true colours. Cant be bothered to quote who is saying what as we can all read, lol.

If it bothers you so much you could go omni or just quit playing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast