Thread: IRRK: OTRK CEO Eva Pourais testifies in New Dawn deportation case

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: OTRK CEO Eva Pourais testifies in New Dawn deportation case

OTRK CEO Eva Pourais testifies in New Dawn deportation case
    November 20th, 29487

The ICC investigation into New Dawn deportation process slowly draws to its conclusion as the panel have re-examined the evidence the decision was based on, received testimony from Ruth Montezuma, Force Commander Sonya Brasidas of the Peacekeepers and Gerulf Riechstain. So far it has been shown that the decision to banish New Dawn was based on false evidence, was made in questionable circumstances and there were serious irregularities with the process of deportation itself. Today, OTRK CEO Eva Pourais testified putting the blame on Bahirae Serugiusu and the incompetence of ICC Rubi-Ka for the New Dawn's ordeal.

ICC: What is OTRK's position about the New Dawn deportation?

There is no “position” there is only the truth. The clan was framed by the then OTRK CEO Bahirae Serugiusu and deported from Rubi-Ka with the help of ICC.

ICC: Why would she do that?

It was a means to an end. By blaming New Dawn Ms Serugiusu managed to hide her involvement in the assassination of Xeavier Humbold and draw everyone's attention away from herself. It allowed her to accumulate power completely unchallenged.

ICC: Was it not a ploy by Omni-Prime to get rid of one of the most powerful clans and avoid responsibility for it?

I'll answer, but please answer a small question first: Do you know who the woman sitting in the front bench today is?

ICC: That is Ruth Montezuma, the leader of clan New Dawn.

Yes, that is Ms Montezuma. Today we are here, united as we stood united against a common enemy, Bahirae Serugiusu, in the times of strife. We are here because we both have been wronged.

There were deaths on all sides. And we went through it together. Despite our political differences and past conflicts. Those New Dawn members who managed to remain on the planet stood by my side, as I stood by theirs. There is no chance we would be ever able to do this if they had even a shadow of a doubt that me, or Omni-Prime orchestrated the deportation.

There's also one more fact: they brought the evidence against Ms Serugiusu to me, not to the ICC. They trusted someone whom they would normally consider an adversary rather than someone whose job, whose very reason for existing, is to protect people like them.

And now, I think, both Ruth Montezuma and I have the same question that we demand to know the answer for: why did ICC help Ms Serugiusu destroy the New Dawn clan?

Of course my question is not entirely selfless. Right after having the clan deported Ms Serugiusu proceeded to try and destroy Omni-Tek.

Silence fell after Ms Pourais' words and after a short recess the panel decided to adjourn the meeting. The conclusion of the ICC investigation will be announced within the next few days.

Selcha Doree, IRRK.

Bets are now open!
    Does Gerulf Riechstain take full blame? Does he run? Does he throw someone else under the bus?

I bet 5 million credits, one slightly abused holoserver, and a 12 pack of single serving vanilla ice cream pints that he will, in fact, make a savage excuse and/or shift blame to a Patsy.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*giggles* Most likely will Tower
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

Alright! We have an opening bet! Any takers to rival Towerblock's prediction?

One box of cookies, a box of vanilla icecream and pudding that he will say something weird and deeply untrue
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

The lady sweetens the deal and raises the stakes!
    Plenty of time left, get in now while the gettin' is good!

I have two bets.

The first: I bet my chocolates that Riechstain will blame Serugiusu. She's dead and can't defend herself.

The second: I bet several bottles of Jack that Riechstain may commit suicide.

The third possibility, the bus throw, may still happen, but he'd need to blame someone else and arrange his or her death to look like a suicide.

Ah, politics...

Looks like they won't be releasing the process statements. We just have to settle for the outcome. Since my call wasn't contested, I'll donate my money and ice cream to a worthy charity instead.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hmmm...I haven't been back long enough to make any bets, but i'm pretty positive that there are some people who have gained something over the past couple of months, who are they?. Secondly that whenever I hear news, especialy when it's big like this.. I think to myself: "This they want me to hear...What am I not hearing?" Just sayin..
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Well I think we're out of the woods now, Keya. Maybe we can relax finally and now worry about people plotting genocide.

Tower, that idea ain't half bad. I think that orphanage in Newland can put the funds and sweets to good use.