Thread: A fix for three classes

A fix for three classes

Fix pet pathing and make the lives of Crats, Engis and MPs more fun - the least played characters at high level

200+ days and no fix

How would the rest of you feel if your primary attack in team missions wasn't available at least half the time?

This is not a tweak its a serious issue for 3 classes - I pity the engis the most

yeah.. i've only been playing AO since july... and have only really been playing with my MP, which finally hit lvl 50 couple nights ago. i could be much higher.. but considering i mostly do single missions.. i have to constantly walk a bit.. wait for pet.. walk a bit.. wait for pet. and it seems to get worse with each lvl.. but i hope i'm just paranoid.

i'm disapointed that something so major has been pushed back and seems to be forgotten by funcom. i dont know enough abouts crats and engies, but MPs live and die by their pets. and i'm sure the other pet classes are in similar situations.

and if funcom ever read the MP forums, we've come up with quite a few ideas on how to solve pet pathing... cant remember the threads at moment.. as most of em happened month or two ago.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Mandatory pathing-BUMP
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Originally posted by Archelan
    Mandatory pathing-BUMP
    *pretends he's Archelan*: there's nothing wrong with pet pathing. Quit your whining. wawawawawaawawawawa

(I'm kidding here btw. pet pathing does indeed suck)
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by TheDeacon

*pretends he's Archelan*: there's nothing wrong with pet pathing. Quit your whining. wawawawawaawawawawa

Is threadstalking your new trade? Never figured you for the kind.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

it was a joke LOL :P

We're just trolling the same forums lately, you and i

*notices the angry look on archelan's avatar and goes trolling on a different thread*
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 07:24:12.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Paxton: /pet attack
    Paxton's pet, Mr. Coffee: Charge!
    *pet runs in opposite direction*
    *Paxton amplifies Mr. Cofee's "pain chip"*

...pathing? what are you talking about?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

*improve* pet pathing

Please?
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Pet pathing?

What's the problem with pet pathing?!

I think this is yet another whining thread about a "supposed" bug, hehe

The fact that you guys can't understand the difference between running into completely the wrong direction and executing professional, secret, stealth, SAS, circling around, rusing, confusing downright green baret kinda manouvers, is not the pets their fault, is it?

Seriously tho, pet pathing isn't bugged, it's not there! A blind chihuahua on mescaline can find its way through an Escher type maze easier then the pets in AO can find their way through a straight corridor. It's doable, but it's horrible. I can't do more then 1 or 2 missions in a row because the pets will have worn me out after the second. FIX! BUMP!

-mah

170 doc Lifedelite (anybody need a doc? <silence> Thought not...)
    84 crat Tinylifey (We seriously need a nerf, talk about raw pvm POWER!)
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Funcom!!!!

PLEASE!!!!! /PET WARP

Oh wait. You dont care about pet users and pathing. my bad. Cause if you did,. this would have been fixed a LONG time ago instead of a slap in the face for them each patch.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Make pet classes actually want to cast during missions.

I remember before they lowered mob HP/AC you just had to have an slayer or demon to tank. Now they are just cast on boss. Only not to tank, just as back up damage.

Fix pet pathing. Make it HAVE to follow the same lines as the person walking. Couldn't that work? Let them jump when we jump, etc.

Originally posted by Ityn
    Free the pets!
    nono, Tie em UP!
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

I play an enforcer (lvl116) and an engineer (lvl50).

I spend 75% of my time working with my pet to get it to do what I want. (gettin it unstuck from walls, trying to find it after I realize it hasnt been following me for the past 10 mins, trying to terminate the "lost" pet to summon another one)

I spend 0% of my time with my enforcer trying to get my Beam to work.

Something needs to be fixed.

/pet warp would be cool... I think even making "objects" non-blocking for pets would help a great deal and seems like both "fixes" would be easy changes.

From what I've read this is a long time problem... why hasnt it been fixed? Whats the hold-up? Is Funcom even looking into this? Do they even know the problem exists?

HELP FC!

I'm afraid you guys are outa luck, you see... fixing pet pathing would take actual programming skill, something funcom sadly lacks. They find it much easier to simply ignore the problem.

You have my sympathies.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I've got to say, this is one of the things that looks REALLY bad on FC. Pet pathing is such a fundamental problem that severely affects three classes that it should be an absolute top priority. It actually should have been fixed loooong ago.

make pets able to negotiate doors .. make furniture no clipping for pets.

Fixed .. move on to next bug.

Get with it already FC
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

easy fix

pet ai = mob ai

with all the warping they do it would "improve" the stiuation. But then in pvp peeps would be complaining lol
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

bump for pet pathing fix

An example of 'better' pet pathing? - Let's take a page out of Diablo 2's pet using characters - the Necromancer and the Druid: their pets stay within x feet of him, and if they EVER go outside this range, they warp back to him.

Is that a simple solution? - Yes. But does it work? - Yes. So why can't FC do something similar?

Hell, even making pet's have "no clipping" (act as ghosts and can pass through everything) would be an improvement. However I can see several possible ways people could use this to an unfair advantage.

Something has to be done. I mean I'm now level 160, and can't stand my pets getting defeated in the second or third room of the mission and not by superior mobs; but by one of those big nasty evil chairs - or even more scary.. a t a b l e ./me shudders

MPs aren't "supposed" to use weapons, but unless we do, we're nothing but mocham's dispensers. Pets are a joke. Sorry.
    MP Deity Mike "Platy" Theplatypus

Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche