Thread: level-lock lands when in state of war?

level-lock lands when in state of war?

To some, tl7-twinks often get accused for ruining tl5 towerwars.

Would attacks happen more if the zone got locked to a certain level when in war-status?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Would attacks happen more if the zone got locked to a certain level when in war-status?
    I believe this would VALIDATE the building of level appropriate twinks and absolutely encourage people with level appropriate toons to do the level appropriate content.

In my mind, there's little worse than a 170 dragging a 220 for protection, and a 207 parked at the edge of gas in support of a 158 zerg.

Scale up has always been prevalent in AO, but, in years gone by has been significantly less of an issue due to the speed of toon production.

When the time required to build a war worthy toon was a year, it was a significant detriment to invest so much time in building a toon for an obscure specific purpose of ganking a twink of particular level. Nowadays, with AI levels being so incredibly easy to get, along with the GLUT of token sources... anyone with a few billion credits to spare can build a twink killer on his alt account and park it at the edge of map as a deterent for proper twinks for that content range.

I dont think any real NW'er would not want this added to the game.

Even though most of the "hardcore" NW'ers are also the people behind the disgusting laddering of levels (myself included), it's often the tale of fighting fire with fire, and "theyre doing it, so we HAVE to".

Personally id nothing but love for twink Notum Wars actually to be restricted to levels in range of that said field.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

I bump for a good time content not saturated with a tl7 advantage
    I told you, I do not know who Xestile is!

Signes. Just lock it to fields range...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

bump
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

So how about that 1-100 field in Mort? ^^
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Isn't it in broken shores? Circling the crypt of home?

I honestly think that'd be funny if that tower field was a 1-100 PvP zone.

But yeah, I think if everyone in range of the field could attack each other, that'd be cool. Even seeing a possible level 1 get crapped on in that 1-100 field would be cool.
    Last edited by wonderland; Nov 11th, 2013 at 21:40:17.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

why not just dissallow 201+ to attack anything below, due to the mass advantages, I'd say 201, only attacking and attackable by 201 and higher, sure you'd still be able to get ganked by 200 twinks but at least no tl7 at tl5 wars anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    why not just dissallow 201+ to attack anything below, due to the mass advantages, I'd say 201, only attacking and attackable by 201 and higher, sure you'd still be able to get ganked by 200 twinks but at least no tl7 at tl5 wars anymore
    this would be cool. Also pvm within your own levelrange would be cool.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Isn't it in broken shores? Circling the crypt of home?
    Nope, it's north west of the cyborgs in mort, around the crater (where sentinels are)
    Flown by there so many times... low CT (usually around 30) and ql 100 towers
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Ah, right. Checked my map really fast, could have sworn the broken shores one was 1-100, turns out it's 55-150, guess I just got mixed up as they're both super high range sites.

Though, both would be pretty fun.
    Last edited by wonderland; Nov 12th, 2013 at 23:49:33.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Normal PVP range checks would still apply, so , yea, it would be interesting to bring a level 1 out to the USEB 1-100 site or whatever, but he's not going to do a lot of damage very quickly ...

Why not just restrict towerwars to the levelranges of the bases, keep pvp ranges, but limit the actual fights to the level range of the base, if the base is ql 120-180, only allow people within those level ranges to attack and/or defend