Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nanomage Breed

Lightbulb Perfect (if such a thing exists) Solution

How 'bout they implement a mana shield spell where a percentage of damage taken (which would scale up with higher versions of the spell) comes from your mana instead of your HP. The spell could be Nanomage only or maybe NT/MP/Doc/Crat only.

Re: Why more NCU would help

Originally posted by Sallust
    More NCU would help because first of all you might not HAVE to wear the MK2 armor. You might not have to raise the special skills you need for it. It would also be useful in teams because you could get other people's buffs to put in there.

Plus finally I think it fits better from a roleplaying perspective that better "Nanobot control" = More Nanobot Control Units.
    Nanobot CONTAINMENT unit you mean? And besides, wouldn't the extra 980 hp from mk2 armor be worth wearing, even if it didnt add 47 ncu? Especially for nanomages?

As for the mana shield, I won't go into that, as everyone would say it's overpowered. In fact, any boost to nanomages other than giving us more swim speed, sharp objects or nanopool will call us 'overpowered' by archelan lol.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

deacon wtf is your point?

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    Solitus players want the best of both worlds, it's so obvious to everyone else. You guys want more hp than nanomages, yet you still want to be able to use the same nanoprograms as a nanomage, effectively killing the nano's advantage, which is why the big stink came about for boosting the nanomge's skills a bit more to compensate the severe hit in not only health, but ALSO agility and strength.

Yours and funcom's solution is to give nanobreeds something that nobody (well maybe some healers) really gives a damn about: Nanopool. Nobody playing a solitus could give a flying fart if nanomages got more nanopool, because solitus still has the advantage of more strength and more agility, as well as being able to use the exact same nanoprograms as a nanomage (with the exception of what, three or four high level NT nanos that are for the most part pretty worthless?).

This isn't balance, it's greed in the highest form. Don't come at me with that role playing crap. That's a weak excuse to get yourself out of a clearly mistaken position. It's a lame cop out and unless this thread gets moved to the role playing forum, I don't want it mentioned again. The fact is, you do not want nanomages to have a distinct breed advantage. Please quit saying that giving us more nano is a fair compensation as no itelligent person would ever believe something that transparently stupid. You want your breed to be the best. Just say it, it's obvious to every nanomage player on these boards. It's lame, it's thin and most solitus players have never even played as a nanomage.

Giving us more skills does not overpower us, because we still have a GLARING weakness: Lack of hitpoints, as well as fewer trickle down weapons skills that also keep us from using the better armor in the game until the very later levels.

Okay, let's expand on that. I've been very focused on the problems of high lvl nanomages, but let's speak of the lower level's problems as well...

Armor: Our strengths are int and psy which also happens to be the worst armor of the game, not to mention nano armor is mission reward only and unavailable at QLs under 75 (and it's still quite terrible to boot). Int and psy armor also cannot be over-equipped as easily as str/sta or even str/agi armor can. Currently the only int/psy buff outside of the general buffs belongs to the metaphysicist (who by the way will not have this buff until around lvl 100ish) and that buff is also self only.

On the other hand, let's look at str/sta armor:

+16 pillows
    +27 behemoth
    +20 IC
    +12 general buffs
    = +75 to str and sta available from oh about level 15 or so (once the ncu is available)

Int and psy can be boosted by 12, yes 12 (notice, I refuse to include armor such as sekutek or dillons as both require skills that the average nanomage does not have the ip for at low levels).

your average nanomage does not have the ip to put into strength before level 150ish. Why would we boost strength anyway? It's dark blue and the TYPICAL nanoomage-played professions (NT, MP, doctor and maybe engineer or crat) are either non weapon wielding classes have very little need for strength until higher levels. Raising dark blue, unnecessary skills when you get 10, 20 or 40k per level gimps you.

High lvl bs missions are a breeze. Over lvl 150, almsot nobody dies. But can you remember the difficulties we all experienced before level 100? Add on top of that having low health and poor selection of armor and we have a serious problem for nanomages. What's even more is that the 'advantage' of being a nanomage, which is having more intelligence does not even come into play until after the other breeds have capped their intelligence. This is around level 150ish? So tell me, oh wise ones, where is the advantage of being a nanomage? Where is our uber nanoskills boost in the first three quarters of the game?

This is why I say "walk a mile in my shoes". If you had actually played a nanomage, none of this would be news to you. We don't see any sort of an advantage over solitus until after level 150ish and even then it's oh so slight. And for that oh so slight advantage, we lose 700 hp and maybe 10-30 on our attack rating no matter what weapon we use due to early breed caps.

All we have is our nanoskills and you don't even want us to be better at that?

You folks speak from the vantage point of greed and pure ignorance, trying to sound like experts on a breed you really don't know anything about.

I see the solitus players on this board are for the most part getting laughed out because they sound quite foolish and the nanomage players all know that, yet can't get it through your thick headed skulls.

This reminds me of customers that walk into my computer repair shop throwing around incorrect techno-babble in a vain attempt to make themselves sound like experts in a field they really know nothing about. Same thing here. Educate yourself on the matter and you'll feel very stupid that you ever disagreed with me. But something tells me that you don't have the balls to get out there and play a nanomage at both low levels and high levels. You'd rather sit here and waste all of our time flapping your mouths like you actually have a clue. Now get out there and try to prove me wrong. Every rebuttal I get from a Solitus player on this thread from this point on is merely proof that you're all talk and no action.

Roll your nanomage up and then come here and give your advice. You WILL agree with us.
    do you want to piss off all but nanomage players?

where does your number 30 come from when comparing to solitus?

strenght 8 points lower then soli.
    agl 16 pts lower then soli.
    stamina 22 pts lower then soli.

i am honestly interested in how you came up with an attack rating 20-30 pts lower because of different attribute caps.

to tired to comment on the rest of your ravings since we have done so before.

just let me tell you that flaunting your expertise on numbers while scalding all atrox, fex and particularly soli players does not help your cause man.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

im talking about the lower level game in that last post. At higher levels, things sorta even out. sorry I didn't clarify that bro, I wasn't trying to create new issues.

but actually, im totally fine with all of the nanomage breed caps, everything seems like it should be. Im actually curious as to why our stmaina is regular blue instead of dark blue. Guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but having dark blue stmaina seem more in line with a fragile breed such as nanomage. I actually like our weaknesses the way they are, if we had fair compensation. Barring fair compensation, the gap should be reduced
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 03:48:49.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

well on that thing i can agree with you

that a "sorta casual" player is unlikely to see the pay offs from the nanomage breed since they only take wing way after 165ish when the soli starts to cap.

that is one hell of a road to walk to see a character come into bloom and not everybody might want that.

i reckon that this kills more nanomage chars as their creator toys with the idea, reads up on the board and goes wtf i am better after level 180???

no matter wether you consider the breed balanced afterwards (as i do) or not (as you do) it is a long and stony road to get there indeed!
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123