Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nanomage Breed

Nanomage Breed

Its good that we nanomages finaly gets more nanopool.
    But 1 thing i think nanomage need to is more int and psy.I know there are nanomage only items!
    But manny people use solitus instead of nanomage cous they have more hp and are not as stupid as astrox.
    woud be realy nice if Nanomage,s coud get more int psy points every lvl.right now we are like a solitus only little smarter have little more nano pool and alot less hp.
    Woud be realy nice if FC coud make us to the smart breed we are suposed to be.

Pleas FC give us some more Int & Psy.

Yea - would be nice if nanobreeds got horseloads of advantages and became the only viable breed for any nanoskill-dependant profession.

"wah wah wah wah we suck wah wah wah we're not good enough wah wah wah everyone else kicks our arse wah wah wah"

Give it a rest already - you HAVE higher int and psy - NO you're not supposed to have A LOT higher int and psy. And you're GETTING more nanopool.

I'm starting to think that the only reason people are whining is that they've forgotten how not to. When was the last time someone thought a fix for their breed/profession was good enough? Has it even happened at all?

(edited: didn't realise I'd "cursed" (damn language-police))
    Last edited by Archelan; Oct 20th, 2002 at 11:26:37.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Archelan plays a Solitus. He was smart and picked the best casting class. Dude, do what I did. Instead of trying to limp your nanogimp along, reroll a solitus or opifex, hell even an atrox. Anyone who has actually played nanomage knows the class and the fix is bad. the only folks that say we're fine are folks who have never really played a mage at high lvls, pvped, etc. so they call everyone whiners.

This is what's commonly referred to as "talking out of your a$$". But whatever, AO peeps are good for a laugh like that.

Reroll you char. Yeah, it sucks, but nobody is forcing you to play your nanomage if you don't like it. It takes time sure, but look at it another way:

I got thedeacon to lvl 174, maxed out his nanoprogramming, he's got the usual mochams, etc. This means any char I roll has implants created for free, a good list of good friends to get buffs from if needed, hand-me-down items and of course MONEY up the wazoo. If any of my chars gets a bit light in the pocket, I log deacon in, build a few implants, buff a few people, blitz a bit and bam, 20 mil easily in less than two hours time.

Stick with AO, don't let ignorant dorks get you down or call you a whiner. Do what I do with lamers like that: Look at their list of solitus characters, laugh a bit at how stupid they look pretending to be experts on something they know nothing about and realize that these people flame you because they are so pathetic they can't be bothered to mind their own business and keep their traps shut.

Then reroll your character. Not sure what profession you are, but MPs are low powered gimps at high lvls....so why play one? Sounds like a glutton for punishment to me. Watch an MP struggle to keep up with a good class in a mission and you'll see what I mean.

"I will stay out of the way until you need my powers again master" lol

NTs? Wait until the love patch then roll one. Nothing wrong with going with the flavor of the month. At least then you'll have a few good solid months before you're nerfed again. Play them now and you'll be upset. I will admit that high level NTs are incredible to watch in action. But pick Solitus....

once again, re-roll your character and have some fun with the game. Don't sit and struggle every day, dying in team missions at earlier lvls, dying in pvp and ace camp at higher lvls. When someone does a "whois" on you and sees you're nanomage, that's like having a bullseye painted on your head.

Oh, and Archelan, please shut up. You made your point over and over, nanomages are fine, now roll a nanomage and play it all the way through. It's much easier to flame than it is to actually do a bit of homework, isn't it? You're just being a troll now. Idiot.
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 20th, 2002 at 12:27:29.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Seems that most of those who whine about how bad this fix is hasn't even tried a nanomage at high levels post-14.6 themselves. You emphasize that it is actually possible to know something and have an opinion about it without ever having tried it first hand, yet you continously claim that this isn't possible. You're saying "walk a mile in my shoes first" when you yourself have yet to take a single step in them (no, that wasn't targeted specifically at you TheD - I just borrowed your words).

People on these boards whine constantly - there's no end. That they get fixes won't ever matter, cause whatever they get it won't be good enough until it makes them completely uber - and this isn't about the nanobreed change, it's about all changes in general. That was the point of my post - apparently I disguised it too well.

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

:)

well its not that high but my Doc is nanomage lvl 96.
    But what i think on is also nanobreed are suposed to be smart and have little hp and much nanopool.finaly we are gonna get more nanopool but getting more int and psy woud help us not only to get nanos faster but we woud be able to use the sucky nano armour earlier.
    For a nt it woud help getting their nukes faster and they woud not feel so weak.
    Like solitus are like a breed whit much nano much hp and are not so stupid or to weak.its good in annything breed.
    Astrox is strong much hp little nano stupid.
    Nanomage har little hp lots of nanopool and are inteligent.

But at high lvl 200 there is not so big change betwen nano and solitus.well we get more nanopool now but we are not so inteligent we shoud be.

this is just my opinion.nanomage little hp much nanopool smart shoud be good for caster classes.
    I dont care about the hp.hp is no prob for me its the int.
    Im not sure if my point behind this text is easy to see cous i am not english so it might be hard to read and understand.but what i try to say are that nanomage shoud be more smarter then solitus.at end its just some few points betwen.

Originally posted by Archelan
    Seems that most of those who whine about how bad this fix is hasn't even tried a nanomage at high levels post-14.6 themselves. You emphasize that it is actually possible to know something and have an opinion about it without ever having tried it first hand, yet you continously claim that this isn't possible. You're saying "walk a mile in my shoes first" when you yourself have yet to take a single step in them (no, that wasn't targeted specifically at you TheD - I just borrowed your words).

People on these boards whine constantly - there's no end. That they get fixes won't ever matter, cause whatever they get it won't be good enough until it makes them completely uber - and this isn't about the nanobreed change, it's about all changes in general. That was the point of my post - apparently I disguised it too well.
    Blah blah blah, same crap from the usual people.

Nanomage should be the only profession that can self cast their nanos. no matter what profession you desire, picking the nanomage breed should have a big advantage in nano casting.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Nanomage should be the only profession that can self cast their nanos. no matter what profession you desire, picking the nanomage breed should have a big advantage in nano casting.
    And Atrox should be the only ones able to beat someone to pulp, and Opifex should be the only ones able to move faster than walking-speed without a vehicle.

Blah blah blah, same crap from the usual people.

Nanomage can (with items of course) self cast A pest nano.. that i need mocham with same implant setup to cast. about 100 points difference.. They have no advantage?... They do indeed... people just need to be more careful when playing Nanomage... They will also be more devasting in pvp as when debuffed they will still have a higher Nanoskill output then.. for example solitus..

Nah the difference is still not as big as you think.. sure nm need fix.. but heck no.. not that big.

Edit: The Pest nano was just a example as im playing a nt.. :P and you do to. But its the same with other nano proffesion aswell. Can understand a Nanomage soldier have problems tho.. =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Well compared to Solitus you do get a couple cool items: Shades of Lub and Vest of PJ. IMO the vest is one of the best items in the game. A +20 vest would allow me to cast most of my nanos...but alas I am Solitus.

I think nanomage and nano casting profs have some advantage:

In db there is all new NT, Mp, Doc armor that has very nice boosts. Also when gaily hoods get raffled, dont nt/doc get first on list? Then maybe MP and the other classes are secondary?

I havent played a nanomage in like a year - went solitus after dying so easily with my nanomage fixer. However seems when I look at the items you get versus what I get. . . .also you can use MK2 armor and HP implants like other profs do. More intel/psy nah dont think you need it. Then atrox gonna want more str/stam and opi more agil/sense and then solitus just gimp :P
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Well, the "balancing" item for nanomages is the expensive kevlar vest of professor jones. However, just like GA for fixers, this item is far too rare to do its job properly. Then the fixers got their NCU buffs and long HoTs to make them truly viable. What do nanomages get? Nuttin. In my opinion, they should either put in some nanomage only rings or something that add 5-10 to all nanoskills, boss loot only, about as rare as say albrecht. Either that or increase drop rate of the prof jones vest by about 500-1000%.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    Well, the "balancing" item for nanomages is the expensive kevlar vest of professor jones. However, just like GA for fixers, this item is far too rare to do its job properly. Then the fixers got their NCU buffs and long HoTs to make them truly viable. What do nanomages get? Nuttin. In my opinion, they should either put in some nanomage only rings or something that add 5-10 to all nanoskills, boss loot only, about as rare as say albrecht. Either that or increase drop rate of the prof jones vest by about 500-1000%.
    None of those are 'breed balancing items' theyre all luxury items and supposed to be rare...Nanogimps are supposed to be balanced without them.
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Archelan

And Atrox should be the only ones able to beat someone to pulp, and Opifex should be the only ones able to move faster than walking-speed without a vehicle.
    Fine, you can be a wiseass, doesn't change my opinion. But I do agree on one thing.

An opifex should have far more evade skills. The are reactive and precise after all.

An Atrox should, of course, have the most hitpoints. The are made to take the most beating.

The nano on the other hand, should have a natural ability to control nano formulas better than any other profession.

"This is the most xenomorphic breed on Rubi-Ka, uniquely specialized to control nanobots - tiny robots that reside in the host body and in the air, and that contribute to the well-being and quality of life of all Rubi-Ka citizens - and to create and run various programs. "

And Hajk, I know one of the pest nanos can be cast alone. The DD damage one. And I'm very happy about that. The AC reducer and candycane SHOULD NOT be able to be cast alone -- it is not a pure DD NF. We should ONLY be able to self cast our pure damage line.

Fine, you can be a wiseass, doesn't change my opinion.
    I merely expanded on your way of reasoning. If one breed should be superior in an important set of skills, so should the others.

Bottom line, even _with_ the ultra-camped Nano-Gimp only items, the NanoGimp breed is still worse than a Solitus.

I dont have the numbers on me ATM but there was a thread that layed it all out. The difference in hitpoint was huge for a very small difference in nano pool (assuming that the Solitus has also picked up so nano pool bosting stuff)

Then FC went and slapped level reqs on all new nanos taking away possibly the breeds only remaining advantage.

Now FC give us this additional nano pool (I just hope this wasnt the breed 'fix' they discussed in the nano level reqs thread). But again someone has run the numbers and the additional pool at level 200 amounts to something like 1 additional nuke (for an NT), but considering all the nano rechargers do the same amount unless a team is willing to wait longer for a nanogimp to recharge his full pool, hes going to be doing missions with the same 'effective' pool as a solitus for everything except the first room and the boss!
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

There are already a couple dozen flame wars on this topic... do we need another thread?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

I'm sorry for snapping arch, the whole nanomage thing just burns me. The little boost we get to nanoskills is just way too small to justify the loss of 700hp. And besides, the nanomage boost is really worthless when all of the new nanos coming out have level requirements. It's just no good to have any boost to skills if you have to wait until a level where even an atrox could cast :/

It's just silly and I feel a sloppy solution to a larger problem. Misinformation. The breed descriptions are just lain out wrong. For nanomage, they need to stop making statements like "bred to control nanobots" etc, as this would trick a person into believing that choosing nanomage would lead to a direct boost in nano skills. Really read the description and it's just horribly misleading.

The description should state that nanomages are more intelligent than solitus. That's it. Yes, we all know that intelligence trickles down to nanoskills, but would someone just starting out in the game know that?

On the flipside, Atroxes had the same problem. Very tiny increase in hp, HUGE hit to int. What I don't understand is why that problem is recognized by the community, yet the nanomages imbalance is denied ad naseum?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=60683

This thread has a bunch of good suggestions on it. I dunno, it just kinda seems to me that giving a bit more trickle down for int (for nanomages) makes more sense. Nanomages can cast top NT nanos and ffok/uvc without too much trouble, solitus can't. Just like Atrox can wield beam/kick pistols/upcoming vehicles, other breed can't. Just seems like that's the whole point of picking a specialized breed. To do things that other breeds cannot do.

I think the real issue is that solitus players would like to be able to have the same advantages as a nanomage. They would not like the nanomage to have too big of an advantage in any field, as it would make them wish they had picked a specialized breed instead of the generic human template. Where I come from, we call this "playa hating"

Give the 'mages a bigger boost to nanoskills, make the loss of hp more worthwhile. The vest/shades=too rare to bother unless you really have hours to spend camping. However, some of us have to work :P Don't like it that nanos get such a huge boost? Roll a nanomage then. It only increases diversity. Don't like the big hp boost that atroxes will get? Roll an atrox. Want better evades/ranged weapons/concealment? Roll an opi.

But as it currently sits, a little more nanopool is not a compelling reason for someone to say "WOAH! I gotta roll me a nanomage!!!
    Scrw the hp, they get more NANOPOOL!"

Please.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    The description should state that nanomages are more intelligent than solitus. That's it. Yes, we all know that intelligence trickles down to nanoskills, but would someone just starting out in the game know that?
    This problem isnt limited to the breeds though.

Ask any Engineers who used the description to pick his class how much the games delivers on the 'promise'.

Granted that an different issue, but the root cause is exactly the same. The game stating something it then doesnt deliver
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Warlock

This problem isnt limited to the breeds though.

Ask any Engineers who used the description to pick his class how much the games delivers on the 'promise'.

Granted that an different issue, but the root cause is exactly the same. The game stating something it then doesnt deliver
    Exactly, engineers should fit their descriptions. And funcom better do something about that too. With all the problems with nanotechs I hear the engys ones too, and they sound pretty bad.

if you say: Fix nanomages, of course solitus will complain and protest till their tounges fall off :P
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    if you say: Fix nanomages, of course solitus will complain and protest till their tounges fall off :P
    If it means Solitus will become vastly inferior, you're damn right we'll complain and protest. Breeds are obviously supposed to be different, not superior or inferior to one another. If that was the case, you'd only ever see the default breeds as all professions - there would be no versatility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast