Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omnis

Really loved hanging out at Bronto Burger in ent back in the day. Then everyone went to trade grid... now pretty much everyone is in Borealis. Omni towns are so awesome, urban, dark and futuristic. Unfortunately there aren't enough people playing anymore to "live" separately; so borealis it is, even if it's sunny and kinda meh.
    Specialize ~ 220 nanomage soldier
    Suria ~ 220 opifex agent
    Bloodpoint ~ 112 solitus shade

Hells Heroes

I miss rushing omni ent arena..taking it over and taunting omnis to come in <3

I miss omnis rushing tir arena and forcing us out of it <3

I miss dueling guys like Combateer, Supersoly, Nerfmee, Ziel, etc.

I miss eqb+flurry and killing anything in sight

Those were the most beautiful AO days...
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Quote Originally Posted by gonegone View Post
    I miss rushing omni ent arena..taking it over and taunting omnis to come in <3

I miss omnis rushing tir arena and forcing us out of it <3

I miss dueling guys like Combateer, Supersoly, Nerfmee, Ziel, etc.

I miss eqb+flurry and killing anything in sight

Those were the most beautiful AO days...
    Most pvp that isn't related to notum wars, Battle Stations, and botless is generally fun if its small groups that are relatively even numbers.

My most warm fuzzy moments in AO were small pvp skirmishes and portal screwing CoN in pande on ffa days.

Hard to read between the lines, with me being out of game so long, did FC make dual logging illegal or something???
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Specialize View Post
    Really loved hanging out at Bronto Burger in ent back in the day. Then everyone went to trade grid... now pretty much everyone is in Borealis. Omni towns are so awesome, urban, dark and futuristic. Unfortunately there aren't enough people playing anymore to "live" separately; so borealis it is, even if it's sunny and kinda meh.
    When I first played the game a couple years after launch, you could get a full team of noobs to run RK missions (remember those?) almost instantly, just by standing around the Tir gate and spamming LFG in vicinity a couple times. If you were a healer you could grind team missions and dungeons 24x7, or as long as you could manage to sit upright at the keyboard.

Last time I logged in, there were probably less than 10 people on the global LFT, and most of those were just billboarding their WTB for lootrights on various phatz. In the last week, there are a couple hundred people at most logged into the two big "global" chat channels like Neutnet and Dnet, even at prime time. And this is after the merge.

Now your choices for random "group" content basically come down to going /afk at kite hill for 5m a level, six-logging to "solo" the xan instances, and city raid dailies or the occasional pande run for teh lulz, if you're in an unusually active org. Good luck getting a team for anything after Ely hecks go grey to you.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Dec 11th, 2013 at 15:28:54.

I think a lot of people don't know or forget that funcom bought this game from a group of German developers. The original idea of what is AO isn't funcom to give credit to, they simply bought the rights. So when people say "give them credit" I really can't. Funcom by the skin of their teeth have kept this game from dying and in perspective seem like really ignorant people who have no clue what they are doing.

This game stays alive because of an idea that was made 15 years ago, its been riding the wave ever since. But now, as all things when you try to capitalize, is soon to be dead. It's clear that funcom is pulling straws to identify what can keep them from going belly under while they continue to use their resources to make retarded games that will never work (aka the lego game). It's honestly insulting that we even pay them the money we do.

My two huge gripes with the game is currently 12m/pen buff and not being able to see the OSB's on a player. In the end it honestly why I left (Im very duel oriented). But funcoms need to capitalize and nickle and dime everyone's time (because time=money) at the cost of the other players who just want a fair battle.

rant over, wisdo

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    I think a lot of people don't know or forget that funcom bought this game from a group of German developers.
    Citation needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12