Thread: 18.6.10.0 Update Release Notes ?

18.6.10.0 Update Release Notes ?

Could anybody explain me what is the point of modifying several useless items that even after this change will still remain quite useless ?

I seriously think this is a waste of time and resources that should rather be used in new engine, rebalance, new player experience and several other more important things that this crap ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Ok, that's your opinion. To others, this seems pretty good.
    Now we can use Nball Melee on other profs than Enfs.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

It's almost like FC will do any tiny lil' obscure thing, then to actually implement the 1000 actually good/useful ideas that have been posted on forums over the years. Changes and fixes posted once-upon-a-time by AO devs themselves! lol
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

The real problem for creating forward thinking developmental progress is getting over the resistance of those who resist change, and refuse to see a larger plan...usually because they are not aware of one, myopic vision is a curse of the observer, not the creative process. complacency is comfortable, and familiar, but so was a flat Earth.

I just wanted to feel smart for a second :P

so cheezy, but I'm leaving it, because GO DOLPHINS!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    The real problem for creating forward thinking developmental progress is getting over the resistance of those who resist change, and refuse to see a larger plan...usually because they are not aware of one, myopic vision is a curse of the observer, not the creative process. complacency is comfortable, and familiar, but so was a flat Earth.
    True however the larger plan seems to be AO is getting easier by the patch. Not sure if that's a good thing.

The earth is round btw, just like a pancake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    True however the larger plan seems to be AO is getting easier by the patch. Not sure if that's a good thing.

The earth is round btw, just like a pancake.
    yes...round..like a sphere oO <3

Also, you're right, to a point, if you only take into consideration the difficulty a vet like yourself sees in the game.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Oct 31st, 2013 at 13:04:44.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    Also, you're right, to a point, if you only take into consideration the difficulty a vet like yourself sees in the game.
    Agree 100%. Difficulty isn't always measured in terms of success rate in endgame instances. If AO is to have more players, the first hundred levels or so have to go much, much more smoothly for someone without resources, not knowledge. The learning curve of this game can stay where it is, but having to farm for 2 hours to afford a set of QL50 implants will turn away all but the most patient players (which is a bad move from a financial standpoint).
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

But herp spoonfeeding derp mature player base herpa deep filthy casuals!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Could anybody explain me what is the point of modifying several useless items that even after this change will still remain quite useless ?

I seriously think this is a waste of time and resources that should rather be used in new engine, rebalance, new player experience and several other more important things that this crap ...
    I think the primary reason for the time spent on this patch is the exploit fix ...

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    ... snip

Since the last Live patch we had to make an exploit fix as soon as possible, because we have found an exploit that causes more and more problems the longer it remains unfixed on the Live dimension. We will try to patch Testlive next week. But a patch which contains larger changes like that is a risk, and bugs could be found while QA is testing. If they find bugs, we will need to make another patch and that would eventually delay patching Live until Halloween is long over. It is all unknowns for us at this point. Either the fixes work the way we intended them to or they don't. Touching one thing in AO can break something in a completely unexpected area. That is just the nature of working on a project that is this old, spaghetti-like and badly documented.

... snip
    Not the list of item changes ...

Liwa