Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twinking

Originally posted by Ming
    Here's the bottom line:

Put in the time, learn the ropes, become relatively powerful within your chosen class.

If your chosen class sucks (in your mind) choose another.

If the game is too frustrating, quit.

Twinking is fun fun fun.
    However, if it continues to be a large factor in determining ELIGABLITY to PvP or NOT then you will not have as many PvPers as you could have.

Hence if PvP is FUN..FUN..FUN. Then PvP with massive twinking required = NO one to have FUN FUN FUN with.

I guess you guys are happy waiting in 2HO or MMD for hours at a time WAITING for a fight when it should be there all day long every day? *shrug*

1. Get Weapon 30-40 QLs over your level or whatever the highest weapon you can ultimately fit into. Pre level 75 you can't even generate a mission in the range need to find a weapon so you'll need to trade for it.

2. Get Armor 15-20 QLs over your level.
    Mheh.

Try getting a weapon 50+ QL above your level.

Try getting armor 30-40QL above your level.

Then find out that it's probably not good enough to own EVERYONE in your level range.

--Arinia, enforcer with hammer 2x her QL and armor 30QL above, that still thinks twice before going to political zones.

PS: Now that I'm post-50, it's really not that hard to do what I've outlined. Really, it's not. I got all that equipment while saving for a yalm too. But I'm behind the curve, even so, because I decided to self-arm my hammer for now, to save cash. Oh well.
    Last edited by Arinia; Jan 7th, 2002 at 21:54:39.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Kaerem

Mheh.

Try getting a weapon 50+ QL above your level.

Try getting armor 30-40QL above your level.

Then find out that it's probably not good enough.

--Arinia, enforcer with hammer 2x her QL and armor 30QL above, that still thinks twice before going to political zones.

PS: Now that I'm post-50, it's really not that hard to do what I've outlined. Really, it's not. I got all that equipment while saving for a yalm too. But I'm behind the curve, even so, because I decided to self-arm my hammer for now, to save cash. Oh well.
    My point exactly! If someone who is using a Hammer 2X there level feels like they don't QUALIFY to PvP then how will we ever get the casual PvPers to come to the 25% zones?

I didn't say I don't qualify. I said I think twice. If you're so confident that you don't worry at all, what's the fun in that?

I admit that I'd like to see more casual people in political zones, that way it would be more fun because of simply more people.

But some of the methods outlined here just aren't the way to go.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Exclamation

Originally posted by Kaerem
    I didn't say I don't qualify. I said I think twice. If you're so confident that you don't worry at all, what's the fun in that?

I admit that I'd like to see more casual people in political zones, that way it would be more fun because of simply more people.

But some of the methods outlined here just aren't the way to go.
    Well I certainly don't have any methods to fix it. I just know that between class balance and twinking/over-equipping that PvP will remain the past time of the FEW.

Look here and pay attention.

You have to put in your time to be able to get weapons and gear that's overequipped. Level up to 100 and THEN start a twink. Any moron can level to 100. Any 6 morons can do it in 3 weeks. Group xp is awesome.

You guys want the benefits without having done the work. Welcome AGAIN to reality. There is no welfare on RK.

Originally posted by Ming
    Look here and pay attention.

You have to put in your time to be able to get weapons and gear that's overequipped. Level up to 100 and THEN start a twink. Any moron can level to 100. Any 6 morons can do it in 3 weeks. Group xp is awesome.

You guys want the benefits without having done the work. Welcome AGAIN to reality. There is no welfare on RK.
    Ming please stop with these elitist crap posts.

Sure anyone can level to 100 thanks for the 911. Some do and some don't. How you like that nugget of wisdom?

You guys want the benefits without having done the work.
    No. I'd say people don't want all the twinker's work to make the massive difference it does today. Players using gear 15-20 QLs over their level should be good enough to "compete" with those that sold their souls to get pillows, buffs, implants to enable other implants, etc...etc...etc. Should the odds still be relatively 50/50? NO! But they shouldn't be 90/10 either.

Question?

Are you saying that if someone does more planning than you that their time should be null and void in pvp. Look, planning is part of the game face IT.. Nerf us .. Do whatever!! That will not change a thing. Oh i can't over-equip this new kick butt hammer. Now i'll look into a new avenue to give me a advantage .

Really think of it. Should i not be prepared for battle before i go!! I mean come on.

Re: Question?

Originally posted by jakespeed
    Are you saying that if someone does more planning than you that their time should be null and void in pvp. Look, planning is part of the game face IT.. Nerf us .. Do whatever!! That will not change a thing. Oh i can't over-equip this new kick butt hammer. Now i'll look into a new avenue to give me a advantage .

Really think of it. Should i not be prepared for battle before i go!! I mean come on.
    I'm not saying "null and void". I'm saying that just because your level 50 soldier is twinked to the max vs my level 50 soldier who is only using what he can self-buff into doesn't mean you should win before the first Nova is fired. The odds should be 90/10. 60/40 would at least be "reasonable".

Smile I got ya!!

Hey , i understand how you feel. I have been there. Odds are that most of us that twink have been there as well. All im saying is.. dont go out there to fight if your not equipped to you fullest.

I self equip without challenger (enforcer).

I am a rookie.

You dont have to super over equip to win in pvp. I actually do it now to PROVE that. I have never overequiped, I like to wear my banjo around town
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

How to twink

Private sub Twinkme(Twink as string)

Do until Twink = "me"

Pizza , beer , AO

Pizza , Beer, AO

S*x

Loop

end sub

'There ya go a twink!!
    'An endless plan to better equip yourself for the next battle.
    ------------------------------------------------

Joke.. tough room

does m*st*r*a*io* count as s*x?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12