Thread: 3 Years Later...

3 Years Later...

Gottagofast here, as my name would imply, if anyone remembers me.
    How's the server population? It was feeling kinda dead 3 years ago, I'm worried about the current state of things.
    Any real progress on the engine? New content? Credit inflation?

Gottagofast here, as my name would imply, if anyone remembers me.
    Sorry doesn't ring a bell...
    How's the server population? It was feeling kinda dead 3 years ago, I'm worried about the current state of things.
    Unknown. They broke the !server command on bots by removing PoRK service. What I can tell you is that a lot of oldschool people have been returning, probably in the number range of 3-5 or so a week within my circles alone. [EDIT: Not PoRK actually as I thought - PoRK is back up, its got to do with probes.funcom.com/ao.xml being removed - http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...php?p=6121516]
    Any real progress on the engine?
    Its coming real soon now, beta access to the new engine and new player experience (aka 'noob island 2.0') is already running. The invites will come in waves.
    New content?
    Hmm from 3 years ago? Not sure. Legend of the Xan? Some interesting new end-game symbs, dust brigade 3 instance. The collector (instance that drops oldschool phats) Loads of new icons and items.
    Credit inflation?
    INSANE. but makes it somewhat easier to sell things for a good price
    Last edited by Mastura; Oct 23rd, 2013 at 06:57:31.
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Before all that Forum Trolls show up again: what Mastura said is pretty much it! Population is okay comparred to when the Servers wherent yet merged so auctually its pretty nice and fun from what i can tell!
    Be preparred though for all those that will tell you HOW INSANELY DEAD this game is - and dont listen

hope to see ya soon!

Zix
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

I just returned after a few years abstinence myself, and one thing I have noticed is that dual logging has become much more common. It is almost scary how I can do a Beast raid with presumably 10 people, but in reality it is only 6.

It is almost scary how I can do a Beast raid with presumably 10 people, but in reality it is only 6.
    It's worse than that... some people do it with 2 (on like 3 accounts), or just 1 (on like 5 accounts)!

Welcome back, and Mastura pretty much summed it up.

I too have noticed an increase of players lately. After the merge and up till now its only gotten better, and it definately feels like we have alot more quality players than ever before.