Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

^
    Been dropping like made today.

Got me a UPH nano from the Borealis event today too!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    I did not see whatever the surprise was ....
    The mission uphs will be the place to go after the patch if you want to effectively grind Lya Armor without doing any pvp. The mission uph will have the highest drop chance for Lya armor of all the uphs. The outdoor pumpkins will drop Lya, but not as often as they used to. The normal outdoor uphs will be the best ones to kill to ensure you get all the social Halloween items.

The surprise will be on the guphs. If you read the testlive patch notes, you get some clues.

what about those ho dont do pvp and they want some off that surprise? Farming GUPH sux when your not pvp adicted...after 2 years of work w/o any holiday i cant find the energy to chase and try to gang a fixer...i just want to relax and still enjoy the game!i'm the only 1?
    Can he have them in mish too?
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

It is a little annoying when you run by a gph spot, see that it's taken by some crat, decide to move on to the next spot and then this crat latches onto you like a pit bull. Really adds to the holiday spirit, haha

The GUPH in Broken Shores have all spawned on top of one another (been like that since the very first patch) and are practically impossible to kill solo with all the chain stuns (I can kill 1 in like 20 minutes on my enforcer). I am not sure about the other areas. Is this intended that they spawn that way? I mean, I know I could work around it if I got some friends/org mates together but every time I ask them no one says anything/wants to and I have no friends cause they all quit and I dont feel like resubbing my other accounts soooooooooooooo, can something be done about this?

All the GUPH's spawn in a specific set of spawn spots ... they have for years. The spot may move from year to year, but it always a particular spot. They don't move off these spots and they keep spawning even if no one kills the first one.

So, yes ... they are in "clusters" of many until someone/team kills them all. After that it is only one or three at a time ... if you keep killing fast enough.

Liwa

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The surprise will be on the guphs. If you read the testlive patch notes, you get some clues.
    Any? Or, ALL GUPH's ? Or, just the biggest ones?
    Last edited by Liwa; Oct 30th, 2013 at 17:24:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The mission uphs will be the place to go after the patch if you want to effectively grind Lya Armor without doing any pvp. The mission uph will have the highest drop chance for Lya armor of all the uphs. The outdoor pumpkins will drop Lya, but not as often as they used to. The normal outdoor uphs will be the best ones to kill to ensure you get all the social Halloween items.

Thanks Genele!

I haven't seen a single GUPH on test so far today. checked 4holes, broken shores, holes in the wall, and the miner pvp area, nothing. going to check stret east and west banks atm.
    Last edited by Farlath; Oct 30th, 2013 at 22:13:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

all of GUPH are spawned in one point so you get aggro by all of them in case you attack. Is it bug or the dev team didnt want froobs to farm lya's since its impossible for them to kill high lvl GUPH ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyriel View Post
    all of GUPH are spawned in one point so you get aggro by all of them in case you attack. Is it bug or the dev team didnt want froobs to farm lya's since its impossible for them to kill high lvl GUPH ?
    It's a tradition... Has been like that as long as I can remember...

The chain stun can be deathly even for 220s... That is on BS stacks.

Not sure if there is anything other than to team up.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post

ah ok. I didnt know that. I was always been killing only regular UBH until this year when there's problem with Lya's drop. Well, that means getting high ql lya's for froobs is pretty impossible this year without help from 220.

I don't think we want to start labeling all long-standing game bugs and crappy game mechanics as traditions. Uncle Pumpkinhead's presence in game around Halloween is traditional... his loot table, the way they spawn stacked on top of each other, etc.. that's just poor programming.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Thanks genele, thyriel you could just wait for the patch and then hunt lya's in mission?

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Thanks genele, thyriel you could just wait for the patch and then hunt lya's in mission?
    Well then I hope you can roll higher lvl mission than you currently are, or someone else can roll mission for you, and grind the UPH for you, because there swill be no way for the low or medium lvl toons to get high ql lya's.

I can get it from GUPH but If I won't help my friends then they can't get it any other way this year and it makes halloween sad.

Why should low or medium lvl toons be getting high lvl lya's? That seems ridiculous if you ask me. If you want high level Lya's get a HIGH level character to farm it.

Silly. Get help from a 220 or something, they're not that hard to find. If you're nice enough maybe they'll just help you farm it for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artof420 View Post
    Why should low or medium lvl toons be getting high lvl lya's? That seems ridiculous if you ask me. If you want high level Lya's get a HIGH level character to farm it.

Silly. Get help from a 220 or something, they're not that hard to find. If you're nice enough maybe they'll just help you farm it for nothing.
    You must be new here.

Or a clumsy troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyriel View Post
    Well then I hope you can roll higher lvl mission than you currently are, or someone else can roll mission for you, and grind the UPH for you, because there swill be no way for the low or medium lvl toons to get high ql lya's.

I can get it from GUPH but If I won't help my friends then they can't get it any other way this year and it makes halloween sad.
    Mission key duplicator is your friend ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Mission key duplicator is your friend ...
    Beat me to it...
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I've always farmed high level guphs on my 220 engi mainly because the pros of the engi prof seems to make it perfect for that purpose. I just send the pets into the cluster of guphs and then run in with blinds. The high damage of the combined pets and engi along with the blinds make it relatively simple to take out a fully spawned cluster.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    I've always farmed high level guphs on my 220 engi mainly because the pros of the engi prof seems to make it perfect for that purpose. I just send the pets into the cluster of guphs and then run in with blinds. The high damage of the combined pets and engi along with the blinds make it relatively simple to take out a fully spawned cluster.
    I've always done it with the 220 fixer, she evades everything anyway. Takes a bit longer, but in the later points of the season no one else is out there anyway -- as evidenced by the 25+ GUPH at the spawn points.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast