Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

So, I've been camping GPHs for a while and after a few rushed kills (I wouldn't want anyone stealing the spawns), I've realised they haven't been over lvl 100. That's got me wondering, what's the "trick" to get higher lvl GPHs? Patience?
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    no offense but that's the stupidest thing I've heard so far, something that's happened for well.... ever was just forgotten. no lya's from regular uph or missions is just sad, never cared for farming towerfields always got most my stuff from missions.
    this years events have been the worst organized. you should be topping last year not making us wait till next year.

/rant off
    No doubt seconded / signed.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    No doubt seconded / signed.
    +1
    Wait till next year, are you kidding me. Fix now please!

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post

Upper Stret East Bank will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 175-200

Good hunting!
    I haven't seen any GRIEFING UPHs in USEB. Are you certain there are any? Not regular ones but Griefings.

Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found them
    Last edited by User1337; Oct 25th, 2013 at 07:15:40.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Where are the Halloween leets at? Are you guys fixing loot tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixtorious View Post
    Where are the Halloween leets at? Are you guys fixing loot tables?
    They are present atleast in bore.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Does the treatment guns and pillows drop from GPH? Killed probably 150 of them and gotten 3 patches only and 2 stam str guns.
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    I think you need to double check this as everytime me and my org mates have done the old school loot missions its been all weird looking cherries..and im talking about of alot of tries here.
    This...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    no offense but that's the stupidest thing I've heard so far, something that's happened for well.... ever was just forgotten. no lya's from regular uph or missions is just sad, never cared for farming towerfields always got most my stuff from missions.
    this years events have been the worst organized. you should be topping last year not making us wait till next year.

/rant off
    +1
    I prefer a few hours more downtime to get this fixed over a year waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    Does the treatment guns and pillows drop from GPH? Killed probably 150 of them and gotten 3 patches only and 2 stam str guns.
    If the stamina/strength guns are dropping the treatment ones are dropping. Since it's the same item, just different QL's
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Angry

Spent 1 hour in Broken Shores at the high level GUHPs. Since my soldier toon can only resist 75% of the stuns I spent more then half of the time just looking at my toon doing nothing. Got a ql 215 pad for my troubles. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Spent 1 hour in Broken Shores at the high level GUHPs. Since my soldier toon can only resist 75% of the stuns I spent more then half of the time just looking at my toon doing nothing. Got a ql 215 pad for my troubles. \o/
    You're lucky then, I get ganked within 2-5 minutes after starting to kill any GUPHs. Every single time.

I have been flying all around BS looking for the GUPH spawns, can anyone help me out? Haven't seen corpses, the spawn themselves, or people.

Cant remember exact location but was on the left side of river north east but near Home, south of small field.

We are now updating the outdoor Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Head spawns.

<snip>
    Holes In the Wall will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 25-50
    <snip>

Now everyone should be able to find the Lya armor of the level range they desire.

Good hunting!
    There might be some glitch here:
    The GUPHs in Holes range from level 20 to level 215 (most of them 100-180), 4-8 of them all bunched together.

Since my TL5 toons need the Lya's, I tried my best to kill them, but if the cluster of GUPS doesn't get me, the 220s that farm there will.

This cannot be "working as intended", right?

We are now updating the outdoor Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Head spawns.

Broken Shores will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 200-250

Stret West Bank will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 50-100

Holes In the Wall will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 25-50

4 Holes will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 125-175

Stret East Bank will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 100-150

Upper Stret East Bank will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 175-200

Now everyone should be able to find the Lya armor of the level range they desire.

Good hunting!
    Sooo ...

I am in SWB looking for lvl 50 - 100 GUPH's and find:

Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Head
    Level: 182

AND ...
    Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Head
    Level: 50

Standing in the exact same spot!!!!!

Extended location information:
    - 1107.7, 1324.6, 71.0 (1107.7 1324.6 y 71.0 790)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:790 GS=0 SG=0 R=790, resource: 790
    - zone: 2337, area: "Omni-Pol Outpost Area"
    Server id: 3521, character id: 50000:264179, time: 2013-10-25 17:15:41 (UTC)
    Version: 18.6.9_EP1, map id: 18.6.9.0_30.09.2013_19.30.46, build: 51721.

I thought SWB was changed to level 50 - 100. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Liwa

Do the mission-uph's drop pistols and stuff?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Do the mission-uph's drop pistols and stuff?
    The mission Uncle Pumpkin-Head will drop one item from the social Halloween items from any previous year.
    It will also have a chance to drop mission specific social items.
    And a chance to drop the Freedom Arms, Sunburst, BBQ Shoulder Pillow or the Sunglasses of Syncopated Heartbeats.
    l2r!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Head drops them and can now be found in all the SBC-Xpm Site Alpha-Romeo 29 playfields at a level range matching your character's level.

As we updated the loot folders of all the Uncle Pumpkin-Heads this year, the Lya armor was removed from the regular Uncle Pumpkin-Head. We will add it back next year.
    Soo .... last year you forgot to put Lya's in loot tables for mission UPH's, this year you forget to put Lya's for ALL UPH's. Last year it was fixed in time for the Halloween holiday. This year no fix, we must wait a year.

This year you think adding baby GUPH in the playfields at the same spawn spots with 210+ GUPH's ... only in 25% playfields so we must pvp in order to hunt Lya's ...

SO we MUST hunt ql 50 to whatever small Lya's we are looking for with our 220's in order to fend off the 210+ GUPH's and 220 gankers.

This does not seem like a solution to me. Halloween used to be a time that brought people back to the game ... not any more.

Liwa

Edit:
    Explain this: Is it easier to start with an empty loot table and add each item one at a time, than it is to re-use last year's loot table that already includes Lya's and adjust a few items? It sounds more like someone thinks we should not be able to have Lya's armor without already having properly equipped 220 pvp toons so we can survive hunting it.
    Last edited by Liwa; Oct 25th, 2013 at 20:00:27.

As we updated the loot folders of all the Uncle Pumpkin-Heads this year, the Lya armor was removed from the regular Uncle Pumpkin-Head. We will add it back next year.

Really?! This doesn't strike you as in-friggin'-sane? That the solution to "We broke Lya's armor for lowbies and non-pvpers" ends up being to be told to wait a year?

When orgmates told me, I assumed that it was a misunderstanding. I suppose it was, but that would be me misunderstanding how badly this could be screwed up. It's Halloween. That means UPH should drop Lya's in missions and for lowbies. In case you've forgotten, here are the reasons:

1) GUPH are in pvp zones, and you have a large portion of the playerbase who do not PVP or, do not PVP on all toons. There are, and always have been, people who are happy to gank anyone who farms GUPH. Which is why Lya's was included in other options.

2) Many people are looking for Lya's items in lower ql ranges that do not drop from GUPH.

3) GUPH spawn in clusters at very specific points. As a result, many toons and small will find it impossible to effectively kill those clusters - as anyone who has tried to reduce a 15+ GUPH spawn point can attest.

4) Many people have limited or interrupted playtime (kids/dogs/whatever) and missions are the best way for them to get Halloween content somewhat on demand.

Help us understand how there could be any decision by FC other than an apology, a quick downtime to fix the loot tables, and (if desired) an extension of Halloween by another week if it can't be fixed this weekend. This is Halloween, people. The big celebration for most of us. Don't screw it up like this.
    Last edited by Lyrajayne; Oct 25th, 2013 at 22:56:32. Reason: Subject-verb agreement, ftw.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast