Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Milestones

We need more RK2 RK3 and Neutral stats.
    C'mon peeps!
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by Mastura View Post
    Also, found 'Enfraam's Eleven" but it was a Clan org? Thought you said Omni.
    It may have been lost due to time. It was an Omni all NT org. Yes, back then there was an all-NT org. If anyone remembers the actual name of the ALL NT ORG that was back then then yeah. It had a suitably NT'y name.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Not that I know of, so maybe on RK2. On RK1, he did insane alphas pre-LE
    Cortez's alpha was far better pre-SL. Like way, way, way better.. those were the glory days :P

I also remembered who that 'other fixer' was in the shower today. I don't know why, but Hunter06 was the first 200 fixer, Hextorr was just after.

I also seem to remember Ryokucha being the first 200 Adv as well.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Oct 25th, 2013 at 08:15:03.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I believe Bettylu was the first 200 Crat, at least on RK2 maybe?

edit: I'm just guessing for a lot of these, really hard to remember back then...

* Ethernal for first 200 RK2 engineer? That's the only high level engineer I remember from back then.
    * Tarzal first 200 RK2 MA?
    * Trystar first 200 RK2 fixer? I'm almost positive someone came before him though....
    * Ccomander first 200 RK2 soldier. Pretty sure about this one.
    * Shtylez first 200 RK2 enf?
    * Armaklaesy first 200 RK2 MP? Seems a little late though MP's weren't the most popular classes back then...

edit 2910: Ccomander, Tarzal and Shtylez are the only ones I'm reasonably sure about here.
    Last edited by Aidid; Oct 30th, 2013 at 15:45:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

That's quite a compilation..Indeed it's awhile.

Btw I frankly wouldn't play the game because of the engine, it's more of the nostalgy factor that kicks in at times ..
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidid View Post
    *SNIP*
    edit 2910: Ccomander, Tarzal and Shtylez are the only ones I'm reasonably sure about here.
    Great addition, Aidid.
    It doesn't matter if they are 100% correct or not, the dates seem pretty consistent and generally agreeable.
    If someone finds out otherwise, or if an old player resubs to lay claim and/dispute we can update it again.
    Thanks for the RK2 contribs from DF

Out of curiosity, since nobody has LotX info (first mitaar), does anybody know who was the first trox/nm/opi/sol to equip full alpha set?
    They are pretty big milesstone/achievements. Also db3. That is the hardest instance to date, and we don't know who did it first.

What about other huge 'previously-thought-impossible' twinking milestones.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Stexxer, first lvl 1 to destroy Abmouth, but also, I could start adding first slayerdroid in TOTW, i forgot the name now but I might be able to dig it up in the forums and my old bookmarks when I get home.

What other milestones?....

I'll be talking to Agentcora for more NPC/Storyline timelines and milestones to add.

Also, anyone got any good tools/software/ideas on how to visualise this data? I've seen some dataviz tools, but ideally a html5ish sliding timeline like google news uses would be pretty easy to use, but no idea how or if there are any toolsets to achieve this.

So I found these two little gems last night, I'm sure will bring memories to a few of you.

It turns out that there was a lot of AO banter, including orgs, on the VNboards >BEFORE< 2001

Check this out: https://web.archive.org/web/20010803...?cat=5042#5042

I also found a link to Shadow Ops org website and forums that was dated August 2001, so I'm adding Shadow Ops to the list of first orgs [CONFIRMED]

These two sites have a treasure trove of oldschool Anarchy Online info for those dedicated reseachers and reminiscing old fools alike

Oh also, there was an original map of Rubi-Ka from a very early version of the client (circa 2001) captured on the Shadow Ops website from way back then.

Check this out in all its glory, as you wipe a solemn tear from your misty eye ....

https://web.archive.org/web/20010908...tek/rubika.jpg

Want moar reminiscing goodness?

CHECK OUT THE COPY OF THE *ORIGINAL*:
    Beginner's Guide AND Anarchy Online Manual

which has since been removed from the main Anarchy Online website? (at least, I can't find it anymore)
    Last edited by Mastura; Nov 4th, 2013 at 21:10:46.

First Ian Warr kill - Storm, Jan 5th 2003?

Updated Thanks!
    Trying to hunt down that screenshot so we know who else was in team

This is a cool idea... I have not played this game for a long time, and will not play it again, but it was nice to check out this post after someone told me about it.

I had the first 220 omni trader (Hitomi) and omni fixer (Kijomimi) on RK2, though I am 90% sure a clan was 220 first before me in both instances on the server.

Maybe someone remembers the trader? Was a French clanner, really nice player, who vanished soon after getting 220.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think Cynkgramm (spelling...) was the first 220 RK2 crat. Trox in nelly dress.

Thanks mate Updated!
    BTW it sure is good to see some oldschooler TR folks pop their head in from time to time

Out of curiosity, since nobody has LotX info (first mitaar), does anybody know who was the first trox/nm/opi/sol to equip full alpha set?
    They are pretty big milesstone/achievements. Also db3. That is the hardest instance to date, and we don't know who did it first.

What about other huge 'previously-thought-impossible' twinking milestones.
    I'm thinking along the lines of Stexxer, first lvl 1 to destroy Abmouth, but also, I could start adding first slayerdroid in TOTW, i forgot the name now but I might be able to dig it up in the forums and my old bookmarks when I get home.

What other milestones?....

I'll be talking to Agentcora for more NPC/Storyline timelines and milestones to add.

Also, anyone got any good tools/software/ideas on how to visualise this data? I've seen some dataviz tools, but ideally a html5ish sliding timeline like google news uses would be pretty easy to use, but no idea how or if there are any toolsets to achieve this.
    First alpha set twinked on? (in particular trox)?

How about adding the oldest still active chars of every breed/prof around? Sounds like a nice challenge, but a doable one nontheless

EDIT: Awesome thread btw. Just awesome
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Good idea
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Good idea
    aw...Shadow Ops, y u depress me? ><
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

So much feel in this thread...

On a sidenote, and I'm not sure, but I think I got Underworld to be the first Neutral org to get a 250+ towersite legitly. We didn't hold it too long though, but that is another matter.
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

Komodo was founded by Taoh and Souldust 27 June 2001.
    Hawtaysboy 220/30/70 NT Komodo Director http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200379

OS - WIN 7 Ultimate
    CPU - i7 2600k @ 3.7 GHz
    MoBo - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    GPU - ASUS GTX 580 DC II x 2
    Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR 3 2133
    SSD - Intel 128 GB
    HDD - WG Digital VelociRaptor 450 GB
    PS - Thermaltake TPG 1200M

Inner Circle was created in Aug of 2001 as well by Evilbaffle. Miss those guys ... Deng Grontha Toorqs Livewire Shtylze Ipsa Sevenhighelf Movi Armycastaway Merya and the rest of the crew
    Eunucha

Inner Circle since 2001 until Funcom kicked me the leader out of Inner Circle in 2013.

Under Uncategorized I was the first Omni to pass level 175 on rimor and I did it as trox doc .... I know now days it seems like a small thing but anyone who played back when game first started would tell you that it really took no life to take a gimpy avatar like a trox doc with a beam and do that. Expansions helped a ton .

Throw in losing all your XP if you didn't save. Plus the fact you could only get about 50k per kill XP. Even more difficult was having to level in a PVP zone (Called BCB on rk2 and Ace Camp on RK1) and having Trystar and Tindstar ganking me every chance they could and you would realize that I barely slept for 6 months. Hell im not even sure I took a shower more then a couple times a week LOL.

You don't have to add it im just reminiscing. Seeing all those old names and stats can do that to an old gimp like myself
    Eunucha

Inner Circle since 2001 until Funcom kicked me the leader out of Inner Circle in 2013.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast