Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 30th of September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Wetkitty View Post
    What we really need now with the new zones, is a map with every location. Why all Funcom ingame maps are so poor? Why can't you learn a damn thing from AORK , CSP Map or Sphere Map ? Those are really made to help both newbs and more experienced players.
    Last I saw the ingame map is based on AOMaps.com maps.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hate to say it those booths look like the porter from the fly films...

Heres some ideas.
    http://moa.omnimulti.com/Portals_%28...al_Conflict%29

They look nothing at all like the teleporter pods from The Fly... 1986 or 1958 version didn't see the original.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I usually don't post on the forums, but...

I have to say this starts to look very promising.
    I like the new looks of the whompas, but can't help to think of Pneumatic Tube Transport

Also can't wait for a closed beta invitation so I can start spreading the word

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Edit: we all know that Neutrals are Omni light!
    Is this an official statement
    Last edited by tigerengi; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 14:02:06.

all I want to know right now is the name of the guy who made the whompa change and a picture of his face. isn't too hard?
    thanks
    In the subway goes the keepers

Please add Beam or Antena for those new Whom-Pahs - it often safes time pointing direction in City you don't visit too much.

+1 for new look of building

-10 for sings - they are UGLY. Sings over entrance should rusty, dirty, used and changed by time. Its old system of transportation!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    They look nothing at all like the teleporter pods from The Fly... 1986 or 1958 version didn't see the original.
    Thats what they remind me of.

Here is a better idea make them metal and green with a kyr'Ozch look to them like they were mothership salvage. Spoils of war for rubika an upgraded alien whom-pah system based on their tech.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Thats what they remind me of.

Here is a better idea make them metal and green with a kyr'Ozch look to them like they were mothership salvage. Spoils of war for rubika an upgraded alien whom-pah system based on their tech.
    When I first saw them, I thought of The Fly too. After googling some pictures, I guess it was the sorta lined pattern they have when not in use.

I don't really care about whompahs one way or the other, I'd be just fine with them getting rid of them altogether and adding more grid exits. The whompahs to Jobe never made sense to me. I would think to get from RK to SL you'd need to enter a portal but what do I know.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 19:25:14.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Nice whompas indeed, and some of the suggestions to make them even better remind me of the Eve Jump Portals.
    My thumbs up for an Eve Online-like vertical beam of light upon activation.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    When I first saw them, I thought of The Fly too. After googling some pictures, I guess it was the sorta lined pattern they have when not in use.

I don't really care about whompahs one way or the other, I'd be just fine with them getting rid of them altogether and adding more grid exits. The whompahs to Jobe never made sense to me. I would think to get from RK to SL you'd need to enter a portal but what do I know.
    Well, Jobe isnt in the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    Well, Jobe isnt in the shadowlands.
    Ok, well grats you just prompted me to look into this and I discovered that Jobe is floating in the air above RK.. go figure. Now I'm confused because from Jobe Research you can you can cross a continuous bridge that starts in Jobe research and continues through to Nascence (Shadowlands). The zone point there, I always thought, was a game mechanic versus you actually walking through a Stargate portal to get to Nascence. That also makes me wonder why you always had to use SL stims/kits in Jobe, why Fixer/MP SL garden meeps work from Jobe Platform/Jobe Research and why you can go up the stairs in Jobe Research, enter a building and be in the Shadowlands starter area.

It also makes me wonder, even more, why Jobe didn't get blown to pieces by the aliens since its orbiting the planet... also, why can't we see Jobe from the battlestations?

I'm sure I'm missing something about the story.. that's one aspect of the game that I feel has always been a fail. In a MMORPG, the storyline should be crystal clear if you bother to play the game.. I've done every quest and such a dozen times and still feel clueless on what's actually going on.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'm sure I'm missing something about the story.. that's one aspect of the game that I feel has always been a fail. In a MMORPG, the storyline should be crystal clear if you bother to play the game.. I've done every quest and such a dozen times and still feel clueless on what's actually going on.
    Not being entirely flippant, but I'm going to go with "... because nanobots and notum" and also, ask these guys.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

One neat detail will be gone with the new whompahs.

I've always liked how the Omnitek whompahs were bigger and a bit more grandiose in design than the clan/neutral whompahs. The clan/neutral ones look kind of like they were cobbled together or built from knock-off kits instead of being built to last like the original Omni ones.

Details matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Imo, each time a player zone in a beam of energy comes down. And the beam goes the other way when a player zone out. That would make it more like a working machinery and less of a prop.

This could take some time to code I guess.

This! Would be a tad like the jump gates in Eve. Don't have to correlate the energy pulses with actual players zoning (that would be a far more complex implementation) but some animation would be a big help, and you could have smaller antennas and still be very visible from a great distance to help ppl in the wild orientate themselves.

And color Neutral doors as either a lighter shade of grey, or make them green.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Now I'm confused because from Jobe Research you can you can cross a continuous bridge that starts in Jobe research and continues through to Nascence (Shadowlands).
    Jobe is floating over RK in the area of Sea of Jobe (se old Map), where as Jobe Research however is in SL.
    Reading everything backwards.

The updates are certainly looking more promising, and the new whompas look really good. I do have to agree with the need for the antenna, it really is part of their "character" so to speak.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

So... any Offer on subscriptions this fall?
    Look at the Hat!

Ok, well grats you just prompted me to look into this and I discovered that Jobe is floating in the air above RK.. go figure. Now I'm confused because from Jobe Research you can you can cross a continuous bridge that starts in Jobe research and continues through to Nascence (Shadowlands). The zone point there, I always thought, was a game mechanic versus you actually walking through a Stargate portal to get to Nascence. That also makes me wonder why you always had to use SL stims/kits in Jobe, why Fixer/MP SL garden meeps work from Jobe Platform/Jobe Research and why you can go up the stairs in Jobe Research, enter a building and be in the Shadowlands starter area.

It also makes me wonder, even more, why Jobe didn't get blown to pieces by the aliens since its orbiting the planet... also, why can't we see Jobe from the battlestations?

Jobe Research is in the shadowlands They just made one of the usual weird decisions of just having a random looking door leading there

As for the SL stuff working in the Jobe area, I figure it's either because of an oversight, some RP reason like "Jobe is infused with SL energies" or that the zone type is part of the system that blocks non expansion players from being allowed to zone in.

Also, isn't Jobe a little lower than BS orbit? BS being in space and such, Jobe is clearly in the atmosphere as you can see clouds and such there.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:14:05.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Jobe Research is in the shadowlands They just made one of the usual weird decisions of just having a random looking door leading there

As for the SL stuff working in the Jobe area, I figure it's either because of an oversight, some RP reason like "Jobe is infused with SL energies" or that the zone type is part of the system that blocks non expansion players from being allowed to zone in.

Also, isn't Jobe a little lower than BS orbit? BS being in space and such, Jobe is clearly in the atmosphere as you can see clouds and such there.
    possibly all just because of notum fluctuations.

btw: nice wompahs. just change neutral color :-)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

There used to be a portal room... but that went walkabout during the beta... probably because it involved two extra zones to get to SL, so I guess it's now assumed you enter that room, go through the portal, then exit from the other door...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast