Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 30th of September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'm sure I could get an antenna added to the the whom-pah tower
    Nice, the whompah antenna saved me a lot of time in the day. I just had to look around to know where I am starting from the whompah.

However I have to protest for the neutral color. We started to receive green colored items, perhaps it is best to stick with it. Besides it will be easier to spot 3 different colors instead of 2 that are similar.

For example I still cannot distinguish omnis from clans org names.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Instead of antenna, how about a glowing beam of energy?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I like that one.

Also: Nice news, Genele, good work. Now, off you go, back to work so we can have an engine to test
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

update?

I did the "patch," it hung at the end and ctrl-alt-del to gain control again. I then restarted AO and client says 18.6.8- both local and remote.
    Where are the changes?
    Whompahs are in same locations- Pumpkinhead isn't around as I can find-

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    sounds like I misunderstood.

I'll be happy enough as long as theres a reasonable chance to acquire the goodies with a bit of work.

I just don't want it to turn into a AI attack in bor where there's 150 people fighting and 1 guy rclicks fastest in the highest DPsing RI and walks off with 15 supple bots
    In the end its the same thing only a bit less obvious. Farm gear with your level 220 toons for your lower level toons. As long as AO's gameplay works this way there is no chance in hell this game ever gets any decent population.

The old whom-pahs look better in some environments, the new ones will look better in some others. The best of both worlds would be to refresh / modernize the look of the old ones too while keeping their distinctive features (brownish color, blocky shape), and use one or the other depending on the location: the new ones would look better in omni areas, while the old ones fit more into the clan/neutral places.

The omni-neutral color coding should indeed be more emphasized, on the omni screenshot there's hardly any difference between the ICC and the Galway label. More blue to the omni, more green to the neutral would work a lot better.

A tall vertical part visible from a great distance, as suggested by many, would indeed give it back a distinctive feature the old ones have, be it an antenna or an energy beam (an antenna would make more sense to me tho, given how these things are supposed to work).
    Last edited by Honorbound; Oct 1st, 2013 at 09:49:52.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Imo, each time a player zone in a beam of energy comes down. And the beam goes the other way when a player zone out. That would make it more like a working machinery and less of a prop.

This could take some time to code I guess.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Trunge View Post
    [...] Where are the changes? [...]
    Whom-pahs were not in yesterdays patch, but will in a future one ...
    Also Pumpkinheads will likely be activated somewhat nearer towards halloween, it was just this years halloween content being patched.
    Last edited by Misat0; Oct 1st, 2013 at 09:44:20. Reason: Added quote
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Imo, each time a player zone in a beam of energy comes down. And the beam goes the other way when a player zone out. That would make it more like a working machinery and less of a prop.

Yea, I wanted to suggest that, but the other option sounded more reasonable
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

This. I was about to make the same suggestion.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Why not make curves connecting each of the whomp line. I know that one is impossible really...

I just considered where is the character beamed and how...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I was thinging of a wormhole animation for the teleportee. Whooomped to the other side.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Imo, each time a player zone in a beam of energy comes down. And the beam goes the other way when a player zone out.
    I support Boltgun's design choices wholeheartedly and also agree with the others who suggest that Neutral should be green. As someone returning from a LOOOOOONG absence, anything to help me with navigation will be helpful.

Xtrememeta - -- lvl 175 MP
    Xtremefixer -. -- lvl 121 Fixer
    Xtremefists -- -- lvl 100 MA
    XtremeNT ---. -- lvl 3 NT

Party (RP) Alts
    Doyan -------. -- lvl 82 MA
    Donigan -----. -- lvl 25 Engi
    Skiper -------. -- lvl 61 Fixer

IMO, neutral whom-pahs should be grey, like these guys.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

So wait. I'm confused. The whompahs have been patched but just not implemented? Or is this something reserved for the new engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    So wait. I'm confused. The whompahs have been patched but just not implemented? Or is this something reserved for the new engine?
    This is future stuff.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    Patience! It will all be here in 2018.
    Based God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Patience! It will all be here in 2018.
    Sweet. Maybe my baby girl about to be born will be able to enjoy the upgrade once Im gone. kekeke

Why is everyone so deeply concerned about the whompas? The aspect of the transportation portals has so little influence on the gameplay. Is the pre 220 content this game misses more.

I like the new ones more. Also i see they are 2 situations everyone agrees on, green for neutrals and a visible signal for the whompas, a beam or something.

What we really need now with the new zones, is a map with every location. Why all Funcom ingame maps are so poor? Why can't you learn a damn thing from AORK , CSP Map or Sphere Map ? Those are really made to help both newbs and more experienced players.

The new Whom-pahs look like suicide booths. I guess it's safe to say "Bronto Burger is people" now.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast