Thread: Docs What The Heck

Docs What The Heck

i dont know whats up here. but lately the mobs aggro on my doc way to much. doc's have low hps to begin with and if i dump ips into body dev then i will be a poor doc. after last patch i think is when this started. there can be 3 tanks slaping the heck out of a mob for 1000 hps a hit. there there i am behind a wall casting team heals. then the mob that is being destroyed runs up to slap me silly and cant be aggroed off easy. 3 hits and bye bye doc. this is not right one i am only casting heals 2 there was no line of sight to me so how does he know where i am????? i have lost ungodly exp in the last 2 days. also mobs going through the wall i am hidding behind to get to me. sure i think make it a little harder for the doc is justicified. BUT DONT MAKE IT IMPOSSABLE TO PLAY. plz fix this or rename your mobs to DOC SEEKING MISSLES.

kedryn

Actually I havent noticed any difference since last patch.

The 12.- somethin patch I believe turned the Docs into Prime Target number 1. To limit ur self drop ur AGG / Deff bar just a touch.

So True

This is so very true. I don't know what it is, it wasn't until I reached 100th I think that I started noticing this. I've had exactly the same thing as the person above.

The one time I remember the most was, I was idle for a bit.. they were fine, we were smashing our way through mobs.. I come back and run over to join the others. I target the mob, which is about half health, two enforcers bashing it, and suddenly the mob runs over and smacks me for an 868 crit, before running back to the enforcers. I was like, what the hell?!?!

And it seems to happen almost all the time. I might be the last in the room, but I still get a shot or two in me before the mob switches target again. Its incredibly annoying. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be noticable.

I can't say that I've noticed any change.

Team heals have always been aggro magnets. If you're looking to avoid aggro, try using single-target heals instead. Singles are far more effective anyway (unless the team is faced with one or more adds).

Sometimes I'll use team heals if I'm trying to pull aggro. If I can land a good crit & run a team heal (or speed debuff) back-to-back, I can almost get an enemy's attention.. unless someone else is landing multiple special attacks & strong crits in succession.

I would not recommend lowering your def/agg slider unless you are still able to run heals instantly. Both you & your team will be safer if you're able to insta-heal.

I would, however, recommend maxing body dev. This should be one the doc's top priorities, second only to after bio met, matter met, & treatment (all green skills). Nano init is important, but not always neccessary to max to do insta-heals.

One other thing... try keep your HoT running on yourself if you don't trust your enforcer's ability to hold aggro.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

I usually tank anyway, so I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny this.

--Tsk

Hum u are in a team no ?

i hope it will be a sort of answer to ur problem kedryn,

first a part of ur complaint is a little incoherent. So u want to heal with no line of sigh and u complain about the mob who aggro u with no line of sigh ? hum...

More seriously : someone give u a part of the response to ur problem ; use personal heal not team heal. Team heal aggro it is one thing ya but personal is more efficient than team heal. i play a doc myself (and others chars) and i am bored with those who use team heal by facility ; they dont even know who is aggro cause they dont care of that sort of thing exept when they are aggro themselves... I just understand sometimes MAs who use this sort of heal cause they have dificulties to be in center of a storming fight and heal but that's all. Team heal is weak (in Hps healed) in comparison of personnal heal so use the personal.
    But it is only a part of ur problem. the second part is more important than the first. Heal aggro it is a fact and i think it is normal cause if it doesnt aggro missions will become sooo boring (and trust me i know very well the reclaims terms and principaly BS one ). More i grow in level and more i understand that the team in which u are is more important than all other thing (it is true for NT too). If they dont understand that (from level 1 to 140) u are the first char to protect.... leave them u will easily find another team. U cannot imagine the number of people who never play with team window open, who dont care of who is aggro who just take mission like a rush into mobs that all ; let them rush and die... the leason would be learn... perhaps.
    But another time it is only a part of the answer to ur complain. The last one is ur character... U said u die in 3 hits... hum i think noone can save u in this case as u, as doc, cannot save someone who die in 2 hits (cause the time to cast heal). I think i am a good doc (not cause i think that i am not pretentious a bit but cause people say it) but it has a price. I have to be always vigilant and i have to be quick very quick (and no team heal as i said). It exists only one way to be quick enough to keep a team in live : maxe ur nano init and play full offensive on slider (someone said it but dont insist enough on that). I know it is a very dangerous way of life but the most important is that people in team know that and act in consequence. Atm i am enough high to choose my team members, the friends i like to play with. So in all case before ur team react to ur aggro u have to be able to survive a time enough long to permit them to react and sorry to say that but 3 hits is to short (for a mezzer to mezz in case of add, for an enf to mongo... etc...) u have to survive longer. How u can do that ? I saw the advice max ur body dev... hum ya in a sense but it is not the center of problem. The more important is on one side ur AC to limit the normal damages u take (i choose personnaly agi strengh based armor but psy int is good too) AND on the other side (i insist a lot) ur evade skills to avoid critical strikes on u and then u will see that u resist like a majority of other class (exept enf of course or fixers in GA).

I hope i bring u a comprehensive answer.

I have noticed even following behind my team (on the rare occasions I do) that when I enter a room without even casing a nano I will get agro'd and thats with my team beating on the mobs too. I have tried setting my agro setting at 50% and it still makes no difference.
    So now I keep it at 100%, max evades and run in with the rest of the team. my reasoning is I can keep myself healed while the team kill the mob.
    The thing about team heals is even though they are weaker than the single heal they recycle quicker so thats why you see a lot of docs spamming the team heals. Myself I alternate, I do a few team heals and a direct and keep that up throughout the fight and it seems to keep everyone alive.
    thats my 2 cents on this subject.. ...but I find getting agro keeps me from getting bored and keeps my interest up a little during endless missions

i dont agree.
    i seem to have higher HP than lots of the other people i team with
    and at level 155 i dont get aggression much unless i sit and team heal.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU