Thread: Something I NEED a yes or no on from funcom about the vehicles in the Booster

Something I NEED a yes or no on from funcom about the vehicles in the Booster

I NEED TO KNOW THIS.

We all know the booster pack will include 6 new vehicles. 2 New yalms and a custimizable one, and 3 new Mantas.

I don't care about the yalms as much when it comes to this question, as it's more about the cars.

Will the cars be the same size as the current ones? The Kodiak for example. 2' long and a foot all, they look like little tonka trucks, and that is the sole reason nobody uses them.

NOBODY will want one of the new car/tanks if they look like this. I am hoping, PRAYING they look more the size a real vehicle would look like. Do you guys remember how the Kodiaks looked originally? Poeple owned them partly becuase of this. And the yalms, they were awe inspiring. The newbs gawked at yalms as they flew bye. They were awesome!

So funcom, or someone who knows, please please tell me we aren't going to be playing 'driveby with the tonka: Manta trucks' with these things. I so want a Manta Neo Concept.. really want one, but if it's 2' long and smaller then the big toe of an atrox, theres no way in hell I'm gonna spend millions of credits on one.

PLEASE someone at funcom respond with a yes or no.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Hump I want an answer(s) too
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Re: Something I NEED a yes or no on from funcom about the vehicles in the Booster

Originally posted by Fion
    I NEED TO KNOW THIS.
    Sounds like my teenager, "I NEED that new purse!!" Ya, it is obvious that you will fall over dead without that.

Just messin with ya though, some folks just use the word 'need' so strangely these days.

lol wrecklass, I do need to know, as do the others who bumped this. Because I don't want to start taking time to save millions of credits and spend 20 bucks on a booster pack where the cars are 'no bigger then a 'trox's big toe'.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

bah tonka trucks with guns are uber heh
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

I really really really wish my Kodiak was the size of the ones I see out at the various towns in Rubi-Ka. Is it such a problem to have them ... normal size?

Nerf ENF BIG TOE!!!!
    Frankt
    Nemesis (RK2)

I've got people I know playing the Beta, seems the bulk o' us missed out. The new Yalms cost a lot and have the be built from Tradeskills. Got myself a minimum price list. I think you can trade a Nulity Sphere and GA MkII disc to get a car now. They're that expensive.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Don't worry about the new vehicles, I won't say anything other than, wow =)

yes, it is a problem to have them as big as the ones you see as part of the landscape.

I remember being in my Kodaik a month after release.. and getting stuck in the landscape, having to get out of the car.. run somewhere else, then get back in.

The trees in Rome Red are a good example. Full sized Kodi's will *not* fit in between them.

Now granted, getting out of the vehicle and getting back in a year ago wasn't a problem.

But that's when they only had a one second equip time.

yea bigass vech would be real tight usally cars arent smaller then the person that gets in them as a general rule
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Well, partial example for why they are so small is not that they are actually vehicles.

They are devices that alter our physical bodies into them vehicles themselves. I mean.. how do you think we can carry them around in our back pocket?;P

I checked out the manta... looks nice, as is ql 60 was 60-120 damage I think, but with a slow recharge time from what I could tell. That can all change befor live though.
    Adds armor and penalizes big time melee int etc. Anti enforcer cars!! I can't drive one now
    /me climbs into the clown car, wearing my multi colored clown armor and cries....

They do look cool though, engiees, soldiers and other with less than dark blue heavy weapons may like them.
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

You checked out that interview Tristalyn made with one of the devs?
    They didn't think it would be fitting for someone driving around wavering their one handed mace from their car window.

Hmm actually that should be possible, but how would you hit something with that 2H sword or 2H polearm?

Of course you could just stick it out the window and aim with the car, but then your attack rating should be based on your vehicle skill.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Talking

omg - great new enforcer past time - Drive by Smashings!!

of course I would be scared to see an atrox in a clown suit squished into a tiny car with a big massive mace hanging out the window.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

Crazt
    i want hover bikes! I want it so you can see yourself riding them and maybe you can attack ranged while on it That would be the coolest vehicle.