Thread: Piece by piece....

Piece by piece....

The streets of Omni-1 were glistening from the light downpour that covered the area in an unending cascade of rain, the stars and moon blocked out by the clouds blanketing the city. A figure dressed in black stepped out of the bar, protected from the weather by the overhang in front of the club. Drawing his trenchcoat around him and pulling the hood up to shield his head from the rain Garret "Valaik" Clasen made his way to the ramp that lead to the street and down it as he moved into the rain heading northeast down the lane. Through the haze he could make out the entrance to the other club in Omni-1's Entertainment district, Baboons, the ape like maw spewing smoke was a dead giveaway. A slight smile spread across Valaik's lips as he moved up the ramp and passed beneath the trademark out front as he made his way inside Baboons, his home away from home.

Once inside Valaik took a deep breath taking in the scent of the plants and trees the environmental systems kept alive as he removed his trenchcoat and slung it over his shoulder. Slowly he crossed the main dancefloor, looking to the balconies to either side to see if any patrons were about today, sighing as he noted none he continued on. Baboons had been quiet for a long time, the days of regulars comming in and relaxing in the VIP room had long since gone away but Devil's Advocate hoped to bring some life back here soon. Valaik came to a stop in front of the DJ booth that sat atop a raised section across the dancefloor from the entrance, glancing to his left to check the bar he shook his head sadly and made his way past the booth to the door there, entering the VIP room then moving through it to the office and throwing his trench on the bed in the corner as he took a seat at the desk.

"So Fyarr thinks I got CAS and Mercury Dragons to attack the outpost in Avalon....I've gone from criminal mastermind to someone that orders the Clans around. Moving up in the world ain't I ?" Said Valaik to himself with a chuckle as he ran his fingers slowly through his hair.

Another long day had passed and Valaik felt exhausted, his plans for the day having gone horribly awry, finally ending with another accusation of evil doings. Sighing deeply Valaik slid down in the chair and started transfering the information he had entered into his wrist comp to the desk's computer where he could add it to the rest of the information he had been gathering over the last few weeks. As the data transfered itself over Valaik let his eyes fall shut for a moment, trying to let the days tension slip away from him. The computer beeped the completion of the task moments later and Valaik sat up in the chair to go over everything he had collected. The screen began to display a series of pictures, each only staying onscreen for a few seconds before being replaced by others. Tightly packed buildings, a Guard post, and slayerdroids all flashed by on the screen and Valaik stopped the images on one and touched the screen in a point and inserted some text onto the picture, labeling a point on the image.

"Everythings going better than expected....soon all the pieces will be in place." said Valaik with a smile.

Valaik reached to the side of the computer and pulled out the storage module that contained all of the information he had collected and slid it into his pocket. Standing up slowly he moved out into the VIP room and dropped himself onto the couch near the office door, trying to relax as he leaned back into the corner, finally feeling the muscles in his body releasing some of their tension. Valaik's mind began to drift, images of friends and his wife swirled about inside his head, plans for the future, and finally images from the past. As he lay there resting Valaik heard someone approaching, slowly openning his eyes he saw Doncarnage moving to stand in front of him.

"Hey Val." Spoke Don as he stopped at the edge of the couch.

Leaning forward Valaik gave up all hopes of relaxing, at least for the moment, something needed his attention.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

You're always up to something Val

Great story! As always I sit on the edge of my chair waiting for another. You truly do wonderful work!
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

As much as it pains me to offer anything in the way of praise to DA, and it does....I must say a remarkably well written account of an evenings events.

Unfortunalty news of an Omni-Tek defeat is never easy to hear...

/me ponders the thought and makes a sidenote.
    Melynda 'Carla02' Zembower
    L220/15 Omni Eternalist
    RK1

Advisor of Vatos Locos
    Vatos Locos Forums

Wow, i think my role in this story is epic and beautiful. I'm actually crying tears of joy and admiration for you val : ppp
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Originally posted by Carla02
    As much as it pains me to offer anything in the way of praise to DA, and it does....I must say a remarkably well written account of an evenings events.

Unfortunalty news of an Omni-Tek defeat is never easy to hear...

/me ponders the thought and makes a sidenote.
    Hey!

Embrace da mooses!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

/me embraces a moose

Melynda 'Carla02' Zembower
    L220/15 Omni Eternalist
    RK1

Advisor of Vatos Locos
    Vatos Locos Forums

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini sits quietly in his office, musing over the contents of a somewhat expected packetmail. He muses some more. And the some more more.

Then opens up a new packetmail, To: <classified>, Subject:
    Operation Moose Cull.

Security is everyone's concern.

Omni-Tek protects.

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Chairman of the Omni-Tek Security Council (OTSEC)

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org