Thread: It's time to face the music...

It's time to face the music...

...Good Evening Everyone.

I write this as my last post to these forums for now. As firstly a thank you for your support, secondly to say this:

I came back in October 2012 for various reasons, firstly my best friend asked me to, secondly I missed one hell of alot of you and thirdly and finally I got asked to come back and rebuild the Events Team.

So yeah, I've claimed alot of the credit, I probably haven't done alot of the work but I came back and the Events Team went from a Team of three once Pheats chose to step down and leave to a team of 15 and now the largest team in ARK, having welcomed Pheats back into the fold along with a wealth of experience, knowledge, history and potential of the others that have either chose to rejoin us or the new blood that has become part of us.

I've had dreams, hopes and aspirations and the greatest involvement from Funcom in a storyline that I've ever seen. I hit the ground running with stuff I've never done before, burnt like a phoenix and just...stopped.

I spent so long fighting for a Team that I wholeheartedly focussed on as mine and I've realised it's not mine.

It was once, back several years ago, perhaps I didn't do the best with it, perhaps I didn't put as much effort into it as I could have, but second time round I've realised it's not a do-over, I'm not the director, I'm the Assistant Director and it was once my team, but not anymore and it's time I handed over the reigns once and for all.

Having achieved all I can possibly; started a storyline years ago and brought Bahirae to the tip of where she could possibly be, I've done all I can and for reasons I'm not going to go into it's time I handed the Storyline Team and the Events Team over to the people it belongs to: Everyone.

There are many fantastic people in Events and ARK with capability and potential far beyond mine. Give them the courtesy of patience, the advice of your experience, the respect of training and the time of their lives and trust me, they'll deliver more than you've ever seen before. I'm living proof that you can full out shape the progress of AO, give it a try, it's an unfathomable buzz.

ARK may be small, but I've seen the growth and hope from when we were 250 strong.

I've done all I can. Feynrose and Nashedra are more than capable of taking things way beyond where I've brought them.

I wish everyone all the best, I've met some fantastic people, dispelled concerns, made friends with those who previously I thought were enemies and gained knowledge I never had before.

I wish all the best to the team that was once mine, to the team that will always be yours, the people, the players, the colleagues, the friends. Make Events more than what I tried to make it.

All my love,
    Lornavash

Kbai.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Vash,

I sat and wrote a big long essay, and re-wrote it, re-wrote it again (in crayons - as usual !). You know my feelings, and how much respect i hold for you so i'll leave it at what we've already said to one and other.

I just want to say one last thank you for everything you've done and brought to the community, and for giving me the oppurtunity to work alongside you in small parts over the years.

Good luck with future endevours, Rubi-Ka shan't be the same without you!

*goes and sobs violently*

**Edit**

Who can swoon over Blaine Anderson with me now?
    Last edited by Agentcora; Sep 16th, 2013 at 23:56:35.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Sad to see you go Vash. The few times we talked, he hashed out a number of our differences. I'm glad we did that. I didn't want to think of you as a name on a screen. I wish you all the best, man. Keep your head up, tread forward with purposeful steps, and never be afraid to bare your fangs. =)

Cheers!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Bye Vash! You did great for the RP community here!
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

We are going to miss you very much!

Bye, and best of luck to you in the future!
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Sad to see you go. You've helped create a fun story line that a few months ago I thought could not happen.

Good luck in any future plans.
    Omni-AF

Sorry to see you go, and we'll be here when you come around again!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Lornavash being back, and stuff happening with events was a big reason for me comming back...
    I really hope the new found fire in the Events team was not -just- him, and that the stories keep flowing. I mean the real stories too, not the crap with and LTC walking around bearly talking for an hour and then poofing like they are just meeting some quota. Communicate, and execute!

Take care Vash. I've always appreciated you taking the time to talk even at a later time/date. You'll be missed.
    Point Blank

Thumbs up Fare thee well...

Another long time RK name bites the dust. Sad.

A change is as good as a rest and I hope you come back as just another person on a team and leave the leadership to someone else. It just wont be the same without you. People think that planning and executing events is easy and its not. Thanks for all your hard work over the years.

Ive been playing on and off since 2005 and this last year has been outstanding in scope and scale. Since 2005 Events have been very bad(stagnant) , bad(lame), okay(progressing), good(interesting), great and then fantastic at times. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy(execution) but you guys have been quick on your feet and making it work. You've been there for many years making it happen. Come back soon.

Hi all,

I thought I'd let you guys know pretty much as soon as my team is aware. This is the same message I sent to my team, to break the news.

Events.

Ya know, when I hear the word it brings to mind so many things, so many wonderous things that have happened over the years, both inside and outside of ARK. With strangers that became colleagues, colleagues that became friends and friends that became closer than some people I have ever known.

I've had hits, blows and I've had near misses. I've met so many of you, gained so many memories and at the same time I've been in the same place as so many of you for such a short time it's almost beyond co-incidence.

I think in part that's why I care for you guys so much. I think it's why I found my resignation one of the hardest things to write.

Which is why when I was approached and asked to stay as a result of Rainys' recent resignation. I couldn't really put up much of a fight, or much of an excuse to the thought of you guys being left without one of us.

khai
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||