Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    And I can tell you it wasn't common on RK1 and that it's something that's seen a massive increase since the merge and thus, in the eyes of a RK1'er, must be a thing from RK2. Again, the merge brought a new server and new ways to play. To keep on associating everything new, different, bad or whatever to "the other server" is not only wrong, but also only serves to split the already disparate community.
    Sort of like how some RK1ers seem to have this idea that people on RK2 thought roots were banworthy. While most people thought that rooting and kiting in duels, on RK2, wasn't really very cool, from what I've seen so far from RK1 people have the same opinion/the ones that don't are just keeping quiet, or otherwise I've seen little to no kiting in duels from people on RK1. I don't really know many RK1 melees that are able to consistently keep up with someone kiting, either, so I'm not inclined to believe there's any hidden knowledge or new information as to "hitting w" that's totally doing those kiters in.

Otherwise, rooting and kiting happened piles outside on RK2. That doesn't seem to have stopped.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 19th, 2013 at 10:38:09.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    /snip
    Any attempt at putting together a point based system (or even a long term flat roll system) failed due to either there not being enough people to keep it going or because RK2 went through quite a bit of drama over point bots and the server, as a whole, just didn't support them once instancing took effect. /
    You're not kidding there was drama. You guys from RK2 tried that when the merge happened...It was soon dealt with and the results now speak for themselves, if you care to look.

I was genuinely surprised at the levels of 'drama' from a few RK2'ers that literally did _nothing_ to help their faction except bash the bots & systems that were established already. Bots which still function for their purpose too, s42 many times a week, APF's & Pande daily etcetc.

If a system works it will survive.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    You're not kidding there was drama. You guys from RK2 tried that when the merge happened...It was soon dealt with and the results now speak for themselves, if you care to look.

I was genuinely surprised at the levels of 'drama' from a few RK2'ers that literally did _nothing_ to help their faction except bash the bots & systems that were established already. Bots which still function for their purpose too, s42 many times a week, APF's & Pande daily etcetc.

I wasn't here when the merge happened so please don't say 'you guys' as that's basically grouping me in on some sort of activity that logistically I couldn't have been part of (no actively paid account when the server merge happened). I just got back to game and my comments in this thread have just been my observations. I haven't bashed anyone unless you think that simply saying that I don't like something is bashing it. Clearly the bots I've tried work for people or they wouldn't be functioning.. they simply don't work for me (and I guess a couple other folks that posted in this thread).

When I got back I tried a raid or two in iraids, it wasn't my speed for several diff reasons that I see no point in detailing. I already posted my personal challenges with using noraids flatroll system (blaming myself partially as I just don't have a ton of patience in video games) and tnet was already inactive (or admins on a break or whatever is going on there). I tried joining bangbot a few times on my TL5 to get in on some pvp action but whenever I go.. I'm the only one in the bot.. so I guess that's inactive as well. The result? I just run my own raids.

I haven't had any issues obtaining gear or loot since I returned. In fact in the past 2-3 weeks I've managed to completely outfit my 205 engie and as of tonight the only thing she's missing for endgame is a 2nd lust, a couple pieces of DB armor for twinking and an ACDC. All of these things I can obtain via raids myself (lust/db armor) or by raiding with my org (ACDC). The only thing I find frustrating is that whatever drama is going on is impacting pvp. I specifically rolled a new trader so I could actually get involved in pvp. She's not perfect but I'm still working on her. Now that I've decided to actively participate I can't figure out how. On RK2 there used to be warsrus where I could join on my TL5 (only had a useless MA but I'd still go from time to time) and get involved with other people. Now.. I have no idea.

So when you say the results speak for themselves, I'm not sure what you mean. The only result I see is that where I used to be able to join a bot and get in on pvp.. now I cannot. Where I used to have the option to join a daily S42 raid, now I cannot as they only seem to run a couple times a week, by invitation only. That's a downgrade in my opinion not some sort of improvement.

From a PvP perspective, it appears that the old RK1 bots won out and then died and now there aren't any bots at all. And yes, I'm ignorant on this topic and when I talk to people about it all I hear about is drama between rk1 and rk2 and stuff about bans and people being pissed at funcom. In other words.. I get no answers or help on how to proceed. (Keep in mind, traditionally I've been a PvMer so legitimately I have no idea what to do with my TL5 trader at this point but shelve her since I don't want to get into any nonsense server1 vs server2 drama).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 19th, 2013 at 13:13:25.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

lol Jill, don't take it personally, it wasn't an attack on 'you', rather the collective 'you' because as you know we can't go throwing around names on here.

Backup a little princess

Edit: Also, as you pointed out it's Your choice to not raid with certain groups, so /shrug to that one I guess. Omni side has active bots & org raid groups going. I can't speak for how Clan are tho.

"From a PvP perspective, it appears that the old RK1 bots won out and then died and now there aren't any bots at all." Also incorrect.
    Last edited by Aiken; Sep 19th, 2013 at 13:17:22.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

All I can say is that I'd rather jump off a cliff than use any RK1 (It isn't even an RK2 or RK1 superiority thing) bots for PvM, and I was already hesitant enough to use RK2's Sector42 bot. RK1 does have some merit in that they did have real PvM bots in the first place, but I don't/won't be using them ever.

"From a PvP perspective, it appears that the old RK1 bots won out and then died and now there aren't any bots at all." Also incorrect.
    "There aren't any bots at all" is incorrect, but both Hellcom and Tnet are complete garbage for PvP, mostly due to the people that run them and the drama that they start, not even the bots themselves.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 19th, 2013 at 13:25:43.
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

lol Jill, don't take it personally, it wasn't an attack on 'you', rather the collective 'you' because as you know we can't go throwing around names on here.

Backup a little princess
    Yeah, well when you reply to someone via a quote then use the term you.. that's usually including said person in the statement you're making. I wanted to make it clear that not only was I not involved but I have no idea what you're even talking about. And please don't call me princess.. I'm sure you didn't mean it but it comes off very patronizing and a tad sexist. Both of which annoy me since people tend to do that when a female makes a legitimate point (right up there with calling it drama).

Moving on.....

It is possible that all of the people I've spoken to (ex-rk1 and ex-rk2) are wrong, so let me ask a simple question to anyone Clanside able to answer it:

Are tnet and bangbot active now? I've been told 20x over they the admins have either left game or taken a break from being admins and thus the bots are not being overseen. When I've gone to bangbot it has been empty. So.....million credit question: What is the actively used PvP Clan bot now?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 19th, 2013 at 13:32:20.
    You can find me at:

"Eh," a good group of people have stopped using Tnet because of drama (Which coincidentally, a few days after, they lost all of their TL7 sites), and you could join for PvP every once in a while. Those who left Tnet do PvP by themselves, wouldn't really say there's one PvP bot for the whole faction anymore.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 19th, 2013 at 13:36:03.

Does this wonderland ever give a character name to accompany all his fine observations?
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    Does this wonderland ever give a character name to accompany all his fine observations?
    WTS who he is 15bil pst
    You can find me at:

WTS who he is 15bil pst
    Sure C.O.D to Humlebien
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Lewl , stop riling up the rk1-ers Chris , they might throw a sissy fit and account cancel.
    Asiasasaszin - Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Asiasaz View Post
    Lewl , stop riling up the rk1-ers Chris , they might throw a sissy fit and account cancel.
    This is a good idea.

WTS who he is 15bil pst
    Was it srsly ever a secret or something? I did not know I could ever get money from this. I should have never started trading on the GMI.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 19th, 2013 at 20:58:47.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Was it srsly ever a secret or something? I did not know I could ever get money from this. I should have never started trading on the GMI.
    Apparently it was to anyone that couldn't be bothered to do a forum search. In true AO style I figured I'd capitalize off of the laziness of other players
    You can find me at:

There are things that were common on either RK1 or RK2 that changed the way the folks from the other server do things. To pretend as if that isn't the case would be silly. The 2 servers had completely different cultures even down to the terminology used for areas of the game map or common raid leading commands.

I don't just randomly associate anything different or something I do not like with RK1. Not sure where you're coming from with that statement. The comment I made was me simply saying what I was told. Whether it is true or not, I have no way of knowing as I didn't play on RK1. I only know that it was not a common occurrence on RK2 and when I asked in OOC about it, people that were former RK1 players indicated that it had been the norm on their server pre-merge. You're saying otherwise.. ok. 6 people in OOC said it was a RK1 thing, maybe they were full of crap but the statement I made wasn't me trying to place 'blame' on RK1.. I simply saw no reason why those folks in OOC would want to attribute that to their old server if that wasn't the case (seems like a dumb thing to lie about). Anyway, maybe they were lieing or maybe you are.. I don't know and honestly don't care why people are all of a sudden selling LR in PUG groups. My point was simply that I don't like it and to head off the responses I thought might come from people, I went ahead and explained that I was told it was a RK1 thing and, if so, it's foreign to me because I was RK2.
    How do you define selling LR while in a PuG? Just "I won this item, I'm selling LR to it"? Or "No one wants this item, no one in our orgs want it, should we try to sell it?" If it's the former I rarely if ever saw that pre-merge. The latter was less rare, but still not exactly common.

Don't pick on the poor guy, Humle! It's tough to put a character name into your signature

Please...HC was shoved down our throat with the attitude of take-it or leave-it (exact quote btw from the leader himself).

What you don't realize - many, many left it.

And we know you truly don't care (as been said many times), but don't blame RK2 folks entirely - there was/is equal stupidity and childish behavior on both sides (but sadly, those on RK1 already had the foothold with the bot which left the RK'ers that didn't like the it with only one real option).
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Apparently it was to anyone that couldn't be bothered to do a forum search. In true AO style I figured I'd capitalize off of the laziness of other players
    Show me then :?

Before posting I actually did flick through his like first 3 pages of posts to see if he had done anything other than comments on stuff he obviously has no clue on, but nah no names or anything I could find (

So great traderjill help me pls
    Last edited by Humlee; Sep 20th, 2013 at 00:04:09.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

And I can only say that the people I play with, who are mainly old RK1 people, mostly all dislike the RK2 version of distributing loot, for the exact same reason: It takes way too long and is generally regarded as unfair compared to points or lootorder. So instead of us keeping up with the "other server ruined my game" why not accept that the evil that we know is better than the evil we don't. As for RK1 "being the premier monopoly of public raid bots" maybe start up your own? If your system really is superior to the "idiotic" ways of handling loot on the current bots, I'm sure it would catch on quick...
    Thats a rather foolish statement. I have played on RK1 and RK2 pre and post merge. Loot order is down right horrible in public groups. People standing around waiting for someone to loot, person just standing there looking at loot, then not looting, asking questions in regards to loot when it is their turn, people not paying attention, people not saying "pass", people not saying anything at all, or people looting everything because you foolish RK1ers keep loot open. Not only that but when someone "ninjas" you turn in to a bunch of cry babys when it is your own fault because you put up with such a faulty system and the raid leaders fault for having the loot open.

There were RK2 bots in place post merge, and from what I remember neither RK1 or RK2 could come to an agreement, there was drama and some people said screw it and disabled them. Which server turned in to the biggest cry baby about such things is up for debate, but regardless, the bots that are in place now will probably remain in place until they go offline. People have established themselves in whatever bot with their points and until they can take their points with them to a new and better bot system than they wont budge.

With a flatroll system that RK2 had, loot would be added manually or a command would be in place for certain raid zones that automatically added loot that the zone gave, people would add and rolling would be done in a matter of minutes. I have done the same content with loot order and it takes twice as much time for said reasons. Not only that, but the loot would be set to leader and the leader would set the loot to the individual so there is no potential for ninja looting or misslooting and less likely of people standing there.

No system is perfect though, but some are better than others and they have their faults. FC really needs to actually step up and create a system for handling loot so people can roll and loot quickly and effectively and get rid of stupid loot right selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    How do you define selling LR while in a PuG? Just "I won this item, I'm selling LR to it"? Or "No one wants this item, no one in our orgs want it, should we try to sell it?" If it's the former I rarely if ever saw that pre-merge. The latter was less rare, but still not exactly common.
    The PUG LR selling that I don't like is specifically when someone rolls on loot that is needed by someone in the raid for the sole purpose of selling lootrights.

Show me then :?

Before posting I actually did flick through his like first 3 pages of posts to see if he had done anything other than comments on stuff he obviously has no clue on, but nah no names or anything I could find (

So great traderjill help me pls
    There's a couple ways but I'll just tell you what I did. The person posting sounded like a RK2 player from their statements so I went into Advanced Search:
    - Forum Username: wonderland
    - Use drop-down to choose Find Threads Started by User
    - Search in Forum(s): Archives >> Rimor >> Rimor Market
    - Show Results as: Threads

Think the first post shows his in-game name.

Or.. the really easy way--Google: anarchy online rubi-ka market wonderland; check the 2nd link
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Thats a rather foolish statement. I have played on RK1 and RK2 pre and post merge. Loot order is down right horrible in public groups. People standing around waiting for someone to loot, person just standing there looking at loot, then not looting, asking questions in regards to loot when it is their turn, people not paying attention, people not saying "pass", people not saying anything at all, or people looting everything because you foolish RK1ers keep loot open. Not only that but when someone "ninjas" you turn in to a bunch of cry babys when it is your own fault because you put up with such a faulty system and the raid leaders fault for having the loot open.
    2 things.
    First off, in the years since the option to assign loot I've only ever experienced 1 bot RK1 with open looting, and that's the private (semi-public) Noraid, which operates on gentlemanly terms. I've never seen any other bot use that system, and I think I've been in on most public bots on the server, at least clan-side.
    Second, the whole lootrights system is something pretty new. It started about a year prior to the merge, when a lot of old RK2'ers moved to RK1 and there was a need for a flatroll system, since these players didn't like points. Prior to this period, every open bot used points. So from an old RK1 viewpoint, the lootrights system is actually an RK2 system, even if it doesn't work the same way those systems did.

If you have experience with systems working otherwise, I'd love to know. Personally I prefer point bots, but I'd love to see new ways of doing it and the more bots, the more options we players have.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

There's a couple ways but I'll just tell you what I did. The person posting sounded like a RK2 player from their statements so I went into Advanced Search:
    - Forum Username: wonderland
    - Use drop-down to choose Find Threads Started by User
    - Search in Forum(s): Archives >> Rimor >> Rimor Market
    - Show Results as: Threads

Think the first post shows his in-game name.

Or.. the really easy way--Google: anarchy online rubi-ka market wonderland; check the 2nd link
    So I did all the hard work, and it turns out I have no clue who this guy is THANKS FOR GREAT HELP MOST FRIENDLY JILL
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast