Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fairplay

fairplay

yesterday i joined a panda raid withe random raid force lead it by {edited for names} like every panda raid we rolled the loot and it happens that i won the Lust pistol that i need on my crat i loged him and crashed on the way to there when i asked to get invite to raid so i can get my loot the leader ignored me by chance a friend in alliance told me that he bought loot right for lust from him i asked him for explanaition he just keeped ignoring ...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 15th, 2013 at 15:56:40.

Didn't realise you were back in game! wb

Since the merge I have grown more discontent with raiding and more specifically raiding with people from RK1. That loot order thing is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen with how to manage loot distribution. Not only that, but with RK1 being the premier monopoly of public raid bots how they manage loot distribution is a hodge podge of frustrating and confusing mechanics which only equalizes out because of a point system on varied loot.

Since I returned a couple months back I've been a bit shocked on how different raiding/teaming is in game now.. specifically regarding the selling of lootrights.

Historically, there have always been people selling lootrights to other players but generally those doing it would either solo (multi-log or whatever) content or would hook up with a private group of friends for the sole purpose of selling LR. Nowadays, random PUG groups are allowing lootrights to be sold and it really just annoys me.

For the past month, everytime I've inquired about a raid being advertised on dnet/neutnet (someone saying they were LFM) I've been told that LR selling was allowed. Though I really didn't want to get back into it, I've had to start running my own "NO LR Selling" raids just to avoid the cred farmers.

Please note, I think it is fine to farm creds, but the whole PUG concept in AO used to be about people getting together to get actual gear.. not people rolling on something they don't need (but people in the raid do need) to sell to someone that wasn't even present for the kill.

I'm told that the whole selling LR in PUG groups was common on RK1 and it just transferred with the server merge. I can only say, I don't like it.

In terms of what MachSchau stated, I joined a sector42 raid and I was kinda taken aback by how long it took to handle loot. I'll blame it on my ADD when I play video games, but in 2 out of the 3 flatroll raids I joined, I got so bored waiting for them to handle loot (after the raid was totally over) that I started doing something else on another account and completely forgot to add to loot when it did get posted. In the one where I did add it was kinda crazy.. one big raffle and then manually asking people what they want to get across a list of items.. was just odd to me. I also was a bit turned of with the concept that the RL's don't use leader loot and at one raid something got inappropriately looted as a result. I think its cool that the raid is running, but for my own sanity I just stopped attending because I kept getting frustrated (with both the loot process and myself) that I kept forgetting to add to loot after the raffle eventually got started. What happened to sector42 bot that was run by Zac?

Also, no one really seems to run raids consistently during USA prime time. I know that its the deader hours, game wise, but can we not get 1 thing going even once a week or something (thing as in s42)?

On a silly note, it really annoys me to see "stepping in ~30"... stepping. Maybe its my Chicago roots but everytime I see that I think of step dancing and not starting a raid.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 16th, 2013 at 01:25:20.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    What happened to sector42 bot that was run by Zac?
    [/URL].
    It got griefed to oblivion. Gabrielpeter was main organiser and after a few times of the raid being disrupted, gave up on it. Thinking about starting it back up if there's enough interest.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    It got griefed to oblivion. Gabrielpeter was main organiser and after a few times of the raid being disrupted, gave up on it. Thinking about starting it back up if there's enough interest.
    hmm.. disrupted how? I'll reach out to you in game. Think I friended a few of your toons the past few days when we were doing 12-man together.
    You can find me at:

Thinking about starting it back up if there's enough interest.
    It would be really lovely, it was a great raid bot.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

What I need is some S42's that pop during Australian Prime Time.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Closest that ever came to happening was when a couple of times, gathering started at about midnight and we managed to get enough numbers to move at about 1am

Reality was i woke up at 5 or 6am to take part in the s42 raids for a few months, enough to get a few ACDCs on the chars i wanted it on. Luckily my job at the time allowed me the flexibility to do so.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Closest that ever came to happening was when a couple of times, gathering started at about midnight and we managed to get enough numbers to move at about 1am

Reality was i woke up at 5 or 6am to take part in the s42 raids for a few months, enough to get a few ACDCs on the chars i wanted it on. Luckily my job at the time allowed me the flexibility to do so.
    just won't happen here, not with 2 kids that wake up at the crack of dawn :/

Since I returned a couple months back I've been a bit shocked on how different raiding/teaming is in game now.. specifically regarding the selling of lootrights.

Historically, there have always been people selling lootrights to other players but generally those doing it would either solo (multi-log or whatever) content or would hook up with a private group of friends for the sole purpose of selling LR. Nowadays, random PUG groups are allowing lootrights to be sold and it really just annoys me.

For the past month, everytime I've inquired about a raid being advertised on dnet/neutnet (someone saying they were LFM) I've been told that LR selling was allowed. Though I really didn't want to get back into it, I've had to start running my own "NO LR Selling" raids just to avoid the cred farmers.
    I think that loot right selling in a PUG is stupid. I dislike the idea of loot right selling and the general inflation of items in the game over all. You have my support in "NO LR Selling" raid. Look me up in game either on machinee or wolfenfoo to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Move to Texas like I did

Quote Originally Posted by batesy03 View Post
    Move to Texas like I did
    And then immediately regretted it due to the heat? I live in Texas too!

Also, no one really seems to run raids consistently during USA prime time. I know that its the deader hours, game wise, but can we not get 1 thing going even once a week or something (thing as in s42)?

Yeah!
    I'm around then...
    Omegathree 220/70/30 doctor
    http://smu.gs/10VjCqh

L2English.
    I'm Batman.

I always play need before greed, if someone in the raid needs it, it goes to them. Loot right selling is only okay if everyone is on board for it, otherwise it's a big fiasco and I hate seeing something I want go for sale when I attended the damn raid in the first place
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    I always play need before greed, if someone in the raid needs it, it goes to them. Loot right selling is only okay if everyone is on board for it, otherwise it's a big fiasco and I hate seeing something I want go for sale when I attended the damn raid in the first place
    Indeed. Thats pretty much why I only go for org raids or raid with good friends.
    ||| 220/30 MA - "Hellangel" |||
    ||| 220/30 Doc - "Leontynka" ||| 220/30 Crat - "Qanel"
    ||| 220/30 Fix - "Sure" ||| 220/30 Keeper - "Haqa"
    ||| 220/30 Enf - "Renai" ||| 172/24 Adv - "Partyzanka"
    ||| 220/30 Adv - "Dadey" ||| 150/20 MA - "Juda"
    ||| 220/30 Engi - "Hatatitla" ||| 110/12 ENF - "Peklo"
    ||| 220/30 NT - "Kituska" ||| 95/10 NT - "Piddltlipatz"
    ||| [Come Get Some] |||

what about this?

I did lots a DB 3 and I would tell people who wants to join that we will sell and spilt everything . what it means is this. Lets say item X drops we auction it and anyone can bid for it. At the end higher bidder gets it . If I am the higher bid I pay rest of the team member less my share. Example sold something for 100m and 4 team member including me we each get 25m or if I am the buyer I just pay 25m to each team members. It is simple I do not want to waste my time and lose roll or do not think it is fair to other guys if I win and other guys get nothing or crap loot. My way it is guarantied we all will get equal reward. I am not a greedy person ,if I am doing it with my friends ofc I just do it to help them.

and hi ameliaa!

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Since the merge I have grown more discontent with raiding and more specifically raiding with people from RK1. That loot order thing is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen with how to manage loot distribution. Not only that, but with RK1 being the premier monopoly of public raid bots how they manage loot distribution is a hodge podge of frustrating and confusing mechanics which only equalizes out because of a point system on varied loot.
    And I can only say that the people I play with, who are mainly old RK1 people, mostly all dislike the RK2 version of distributing loot, for the exact same reason: It takes way too long and is generally regarded as unfair compared to points or lootorder. So instead of us keeping up with the "other server ruined my game" why not accept that the evil that we know is better than the evil we don't. As for RK1 "being the premier monopoly of public raid bots" maybe start up your own? If your system really is superior to the "idiotic" ways of handling loot on the current bots, I'm sure it would catch on quick.

I'm told that the whole selling LR in PUG groups was common on RK1 and it just transferred with the server merge. I can only say, I don't like it.
    And I can tell you it wasn't common on RK1 and that it's something that's seen a massive increase since the merge and thus, in the eyes of a RK1'er, must be a thing from RK2. Again, the merge brought a new server and new ways to play. To keep on associating everything new, different, bad or whatever to "the other server" is not only wrong, but also only serves to split the already disparate community.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

As for RK1 "being the premier monopoly of public raid bots" maybe start up your own? If your system really is superior to the "idiotic" ways of handling loot on the current bots, I'm sure it would catch on quick
    Unfortunately, in AO, Superior system != Popular system. As you so eloquently stated, people often feel that the evil that they know is better than the evil that they don't. I don't know how things were on RK1, but on RK2 (pre-merge) it was tough getting large groups together. S42 ran for awhile and that was the only PvM raidbot in existance on the server. Any attempt at putting together a point based system (or even a long term flat roll system) failed due to either there not being enough people to keep it going or because RK2 went through quite a bit of drama over point bots and the server, as a whole, just didn't support them once instancing took effect.

So yeah, sounds great to say "If you don't like it.. do your own raidbot" but I really don't see it happening. If ex-RK2ers couldn't get the support from people of a similar culture prior to server merge I don't see it happening now. Pulling this out of the 'gut feel' bucket but it feels like there's a lot more former-RK1 players on the combined server than former-RK2ers.

And I can tell you it wasn't common on RK1 and that it's something that's seen a massive increase since the merge and thus, in the eyes of a RK1'er, must be a thing from RK2. Again, the merge brought a new server and new ways to play. To keep on associating everything new, different, bad or whatever to "the other server" is not only wrong, but also only serves to split the already disparate community.
    There are things that were common on either RK1 or RK2 that changed the way the folks from the other server do things. To pretend as if that isn't the case would be silly. The 2 servers had completely different cultures even down to the terminology used for areas of the game map or common raid leading commands.

I don't just randomly associate anything different or something I do not like with RK1. Not sure where you're coming from with that statement. The comment I made was me simply saying what I was told. Whether it is true or not, I have no way of knowing as I didn't play on RK1. I only know that it was not a common occurrence on RK2 and when I asked in OOC about it, people that were former RK1 players indicated that it had been the norm on their server pre-merge. You're saying otherwise.. ok. 6 people in OOC said it was a RK1 thing, maybe they were full of crap but the statement I made wasn't me trying to place 'blame' on RK1.. I simply saw no reason why those folks in OOC would want to attribute that to their old server if that wasn't the case (seems like a dumb thing to lie about). Anyway, maybe they were lieing or maybe you are.. I don't know and honestly don't care why people are all of a sudden selling LR in PUG groups. My point was simply that I don't like it and to head off the responses I thought might come from people, I went ahead and explained that I was told it was a RK1 thing and, if so, it's foreign to me because I was RK2.

In terms of the gap between people from the different servers... there's way more causing that than any statement I'm making here on the forums. The underlying issue seems to be regarding pride and people from one server or the other thinking that their accomplishments on their old server somehow trump the accomplishments from people from the other sever. It is server based elitism that is no different than the type of elitism you see from some vets in this game. I've heard people on both sides of the argument try to act as if what they did on their server was so much more amazing than what happened on the other server. I think people just need to put that aside and work together but egos seem to be getting in the way. It even seems that the ego problem is so bad that people on the same side of the conflict are kinda undermining each other's efforts (directly and indirectly) with the hopes that they fail just to prove how superior they are. It's utterly retarded to me and I won't participate in that type of thing.

I do not contribute to the RK2 > RK1 mentality.. in fact I joined a formerly RK1 org and I'm happy with the people in it. There are things that former RK1 people do that make no sense to me or I'm not comfortable with (including the way they approach some raids) but there are things that people that were on RK2 did that I thought to be equally retarded. After playing the game for so long, I like to do things the way I like to do things. Fortunately, I run my own raids and don't need to do things someone else's way because I'm doing the leading.

So yeah, I get your point, but you're telling it to the wrong person. Perhaps speak to the folks that are having issues getting on the same page pvp wise and such. Most of the raids I do only have a 210+ requirement. Sometimes I state 215+ with DB nanos if we're trying to do something with a smaller group. Outside of that, I couldn't care less what server you came from as long as you're a competent player that knows what they're doing or willing to learn.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 19th, 2013 at 10:41:52.
    You can find me at:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast