Thread: Hola AO'ers!

Hola AO'ers!

So, how many of my buddy still playing? Shall I come back? Seen some changes..Rk1 and RK2 merged...what's else? Any new stuff rather than grinding inf. mission or beast/APF42 raid?

Same old grind, the community has gotten worse, no new content, stay away. Play something else. I highly suggest Final Fantasy XIV...having a blast with it so far.
    Based God.

Same old, same old... Sad but true.. bur please start playing so funcom gets some money for the new engine to go really "live
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    So, how many of my buddy still playing? Shall I come back? Seen some changes..Rk1 and RK2 merged...what's else? Any new stuff rather than grinding inf. mission or beast/APF42 raid?
    Run and don't look back!
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Depending on when you quit, nothing has changed in about 4 years (by change I mean content or extreme changes) other than server merge and engine beta invites being sent out Soon TM.

imo its still worth playing AO. the ones saying it is dead or whatever dont really convince me with their arguments and personally id say it all depends on what you want to do and what friends/org you have to realize that you can have a lot of fun even though not much in content has changed
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

It was active right after merge for a month but most of them left after this month and didn't reactivate

now it's kinda dead it's not even easy to find 4 players to start 220 BS and keep it runing

Thumbs down

yep,two words : "stay away"

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    Same old, same old... Sad but true.. bur please start playing so funcom gets some money for the new engine to go really "live
    You're a hopeless case.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

hi you!
    ||| 220/30 MA - "Hellangel" |||
    ||| 220/30 Doc - "Leontynka" ||| 220/30 Crat - "Qanel"
    ||| 220/30 Fix - "Sure" ||| 220/30 Keeper - "Haqa"
    ||| 220/30 Enf - "Renai" ||| 172/24 Adv - "Partyzanka"
    ||| 220/30 Adv - "Dadey" ||| 150/20 MA - "Juda"
    ||| 220/30 Engi - "Hatatitla" ||| 110/12 ENF - "Peklo"
    ||| 220/30 NT - "Kituska" ||| 95/10 NT - "Piddltlipatz"
    ||| [Come Get Some] |||

I still see some old face hey Hellangel

Let see how long does it take to download AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordaegis View Post
    It was active right after merge for a month but most of them left after this month and didn't reactivate

now it's kinda dead it's not even easy to find 4 players to start 220 BS and keep it runing
    To be fair, that's not indicative of server population or activity. Lots of PVM stay as far away from BS as possible
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    To be fair, that's not indicative of server population or activity. Lots of PVM stay as far away from BS as possible
    Yes it is. I find it hard to believe that pvp has dropped to such a sporatic level while pvm is thriving with the same numbers as years ago. I remember when you could open the /lft window and it actually required you to scroll.

I don't want this game to die. FC's slow development cycle has this game hemorrhaging players though. Breaking promises for years and years certainly doesn't help either. And because this game is so old getting new players is difficult. I think the critical time was with Means as GD. If he could have gotten the big things that he said was going to get done done then I think the game would be in far better shape as of now. How much love AO would have gotten without FC having another game in development during that time I have no idea, but it seems like it would have been more than the tiny amount we got.

I've tried other MMO's but they seem too basic. I'm not into the fantasy genre either. Pretty much leaves me with Eve online, which I have been trying to get into. But I miss looking over the shoulder of an avatar rather than a ship (that hits a top speed in yet it's engines are still full blast!! WTH!!?? Newton's laws anyone? Magical space friction occuring at 500 m/s?!!!?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I've tried other MMO's but they seem too basic.
    Same, if I play anything else it is singeplayer-games. Currently playing Resident Evil - Revelations.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.