Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeping

can't believe i have to say this, but, paper pvp =/= real pvp, where people are involved. fixers always have had the ability to choose when and where and how long to fight, for as long as i remember at least. I have to think you guys are just not that great at adapting your tactics to the situation. it reminds me of someone, i think it was a shade, telling me he does the same thing every time, every kill, if it doesn't work, he just tries it again. lol, dude, the players left in this game right now that pvp 80% of the time they're online, are not noobs, even the worst of them are better than what was around years ago. we've filtered down to the hardcore. you gotta adjust, or die. it's that simple.

and Noobas, when you can kill Giit (200 gimp NT) with your 220/30 crat without bringing 2 more tl7's with you to a war, then accusing me of exploooooiiting because I used a run speed stim to leave your marry band of 3 (220 sold, crat, and keeper) scattered, mezzed (your pets lol), rooted, and pissed off, I'll start listening to you again <3 you did eventually get me with the 220 crat tho my point is, I think you spend more time finding things wrong, than learning how to do what's right. you guys did an epic job of defending btw, esp with the few you had (re:Mort 4, a few weeks ago)
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 14th, 2013 at 00:32:45.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post

then accusing me of exploooooiiting because I used a run speed stim
    It turns out crat only had about 2100 RS anyway, so even if you had just GSF you woulda outran him.

I felt so nabby after that I couldn't even PM you later to tell it was my mistake :P

edit: oh and obviously I wouldn't petition you... I just say stuff like that to give you food for thought while you're running around rooting my keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    It turns out crat only had about 2100 RS anyway, so even if you had just GSF you woulda outran him.

I felt so nabby after that I couldn't even PM you later to tell it was my mistake :P

edit: oh and obviously I wouldn't petition you... I just say stuff like that to give you food for thought while you're running around rooting my keeper!
    well I'm glad you noticed because you never really said much afterwards <3
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

well I'm glad you noticed because you never really said much afterwards <3
    I was too embarrassed.

lol.

funny in retrospect. At the time I was getting annoyed with you though, because that keeper is so damn weak against roots/snaring so I had to equalize the field...

You have to admit though, once I removed your NT, the field of play was very nice:

170 agent Omni
    171 advy Omni
    plus several 150-165 moderate/support twinks/toons

vs 170 keep clan
    170 agent clan
    and a whack of 150ish PVM toons and one or two twinks

by all accounts, it was a pretty epic fight.

Again - we are getting completely off topic. We arent on about nerfing fixers, or stopping them from fighting. We are talking about them meeping as soon as they see an orange dot on the map - so not even entering a fight.

Both of you have clearly didnt take in all of what I said, and im not going to keep repeating myself.

What I will say though, is that ive played fixers enough to know their weaknesses in multiple setups. Ive given you some tips and basic guidelines on what to do to hurt and even kill them, if you want to ignore that then go ahead, but please stop making the threads and posts. Pretty sure im not the only person sick of seeing them.

Fixers are really not that hard to kill, lol. And no its not because I suck on mine.

As for them meeping on sight - ban em all, I dont care. I hate griefing anyway. As long as there is consistency in the banning/not banning then go for it
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Both of you have clearly didnt take in all of what I said, and im not going to keep repeating myself.

What I will say though, is that ive played fixers enough to know their weaknesses in multiple setups. Ive given you some tips and basic guidelines on what to do to hurt and even kill them, if you want to ignore that then go ahead, but please stop making the threads and posts. Pretty sure im not the only person sick of seeing them.

Fixers are really not that hard to kill, lol. And no its not because I suck on mine.

As for them meeping on sight - ban em all, I dont care. I hate griefing anyway. As long as there is consistency in the banning/not banning then go for it
    banning is never the answer, plz just adjust the timer on team meep and everybody happy! we dance now! /flamenco

Quote Originally Posted by Solcv2 View Post
    Again - we are getting completely off topic. We arent on about nerfing fixers, or stopping them from fighting. We are talking about them meeping as soon as they see an orange dot on the map - so not even entering a fight.
    hmm, yep, yep, we are talking about nerfing fixers.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 14th, 2013 at 19:32:32.
    T O O N Z:

He asked about alphaing before they can meep.
    Shade doesn't have the conceal for fixers, and Agents don't have the alpha. Besides that, though:
    Shade- take some lessons from bang or vasco. You can't just perk MR and expect to win.
    Enf - lol stupid perk checks, stuns and two camping specials.
    Nt - ai dot and then DM right away, followed by cb then IU and ao perks, finish with triple.
    MA - how can a fixer meep with no inits lmao, take a look at kittlepunch.
    Agent -mr some perks, as sneak and dimach - what's the problem?
    Mp - takes a bit longer. NSD proc combined with tigress 11 sec as( which is awesome) and nukes/pets. I must admit MP is the less likely as it takes more time. Might struggle to for a nuke on because of keeping blockers up.
    Shade - Alphaing you without MR? wat? Also, Vasco is b&.
    Enf - One (1) stun with a stupid perk check.
    NT - That alpha makes no sense, but still takes over 10 seconds to do. You could shut off your monitor, spin around, take a sip of coffee, turn it back on, and still meep in time.
    MA - You get perked by MAs?
    Agent - You get perked by Agents?
    MP - No kidding it's less likely. The NSD proc is 5% on an 11s AS. It'll take an average of 2 minutes to land, which is when you'll stop trolling and just alpha him because he has a bow on.

melee interrupts casting, it's a great reason for me to refuse the ranged adv solution to life.

there's also brawl stuns, trust me when I say fixers forget to recast their magic when it runs out every 10 minutes.

play a fixer and you'll see some weakness in them, even at lower levels, the same lessons apply to endgame.

MR, don't just pop it when you see them, MR shouldn't be part of your alpha on a fixer, it should be there for when you wear them down and need to finish things.

fixers get cocky, it happens to the best of them. it's almost part of the profession. they actually do NOT want to meep! they want to kill you, lol. take advantage of that

dmg procs, cycle procs to your advantage, dmg procs hurt fixers, and iirc most, if not all dmg procs can land even when you miss. yes, you can have def/off procs in your ncu, AND use dmg procs at the same time, it just takes a lot of button pushing and paying attention.

blind ring, you can make one meep just by using this, if you're atrox 90% will expect MR right after it, so give it a second, if they meep, they probably think your MR is used up, and it's safe enough to come back and finish you...it's funny how often this actually happens exactly like that lol.
    I know you're giving general pvp advice, so correspondingly:

Interrupt is countered by coolant sink.
    Experienced Survivor is fear immunity, not stun immunity.
    Yes, I played a 220 fixer who was naked except for SWS and bracers, died only occasionally, alphaed NTs, and had hella fun. That was years ago too, when they were the nerfest. It's hard to die on a fixer.
    Not everyone has MR.
    Damage procs do not proc on miss.
    The foating-words effects are generally visible through blinds.

Not that any of this effects meeping.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post

Shade - Alphaing you without MR? wat? Also, Vasco is b&.
    Enf - One (1) stun with a stupid perk check.
    NT - That alpha makes no sense, but still takes over 10 seconds to do. You could shut off your monitor, spin around, take a sip of coffee, turn it back on, and still meep in time.
    MA - You get perked by MAs?
    MP - No kidding it's less likely. The NSD proc is 5% on an 11s AS. It'll take an average of 2 minutes to land, which is when you'll stop trolling and just alpha him because he has a bow on.
    I didnt say without MR iirc, if I did then i apologise. Didnt know that about vasco.
    Enf alpha absolutely rapes fixers, get those procs up and gogogo. speak to kittenf on how to **** without MR
    The NT alpha makes perfect sense, u gotta get that DM away before the fixer knows youre coming - else he will just remove AI dot...
    MR and even predrain if you need... speak to kittlepunch
    MR
    yeah, the MP is unlikely - but still possible, I know that because ive beat a couple of fixers before with bow. it takes alot of luck landing nanos though(TIP: dmg debuffs and blockers).

banning is never the answer, plz just adjust the timer on team meep and everybody happy! we dance now! /flamenco
    i didnt really mean for a GM to just log in one day and ninja ban everyone doing it :P wouldnt be a bad idea if they put a notice on the login page warning everyone, make an announcement on the forums or whatever, just so as everyone is aware. If people still do it, and ignore the warning about the changed rules.. BOOM banhammer!

Its a stupid 'war tactic' anyway >in my eyes..<

But if there had to be a lockout on TEAM meep, 5 mins isnt enough, 10mins might not be enough, 15 mins is too much
    Last edited by Spead; Nov 14th, 2013 at 20:44:58.
    Devil Inside

stuff srompu thinks is real
    I could smack myself in the head about ES, I've forgotten that even while ON my fixer ><

I think you're very wrong about dmg procs tho. maybe mine are just broken, an dthe flashes of light from the proc are in my head, COULD BE! I've done a lot of drugs in my life.

and the thing you're VERY wrong about is how they react to being blind. first off that text above your head...isn't always there, secondly, even when it is, it can be mangled with 100 other letters and numbers, thirdly (that a word?) from experience, you know, the stuff i get while you afk :P (hah good dig jey!) people that play fixer a lot tend to react quickly to it, esp. in Bor pvp.

also, Hi dude

@Spead - I think rezz+buff time lockout should be perfect. that should be about 480sec
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 14th, 2013 at 20:58:07.
    T O O N Z:

@ spead, how is an MA predraining? wat is this.

If you mean that an MA uses delirium vs someone else, then uses the 300 AAO vs fixer, fine.

add 220 MA skill from MM, and... lets see, how is MA coming up with the other 1300 AR to perk?

I am pretty sure the only reason kittles is landing that is because of MR... and even then, I find it exceptionally hard to believe that an MA is going ot ACTUALLY be in a position (time and space) to land an init debuff on a fixer....

AND THEN be able to kill it.

Lock a fixer down with a root, with DS/ES down, and sure, ya got a chance.

@ spead, how is an MA predraining? wat is this.

If you mean that an MA uses delirium vs someone else, then uses the 300 AAO vs fixer, fine.

add 220 MA skill from MM, and... lets see, how is MA coming up with the other 1300 AR to perk?

I am pretty sure the only reason kittles is landing that is because of MR... and even then, I find it exceptionally hard to believe that an MA is going ot ACTUALLY be in a position (time and space) to land an init debuff on a fixer....

AND THEN be able to kill it.

Lock a fixer down with a root, with DS/ES down, and sure, ya got a chance.
    that really is the ticket there.
    T O O N Z:

I really wish I didn't give any examples, would be much easier if I said MAs, agents, NTs, and enfs can't kill fixers. I'm sure nobody would disagree then

@giit rezz+buff time sounds fair actually, 8mins it is!
    Devil Inside

right, shoveldocs do more damage on fixer than agent. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Give me one profession that can kill a Fixer alone outside of a duel, where a well timed meep is an option.
    but...meep from battlestation?

Fixers are uber tho, they got good chance to kill with the alpha and root + evac/run when it goes bad.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

I really wish I didn't give any examples, would be much easier if I said MAs, agents, NTs, and enfs can't kill fixers. I'm sure nobody would disagree then

@giit rezz+buff time sounds fair actually, 8mins it is!
    Look, I don't think your examples are that far out of whack... for a DUEL situation.

I don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't say that an MA "couldn't" beat a fixer.

An MA could, with a bit of luck put a HUGE hurt on a fixer in the time it takes to make three swaps.

But the problem is that we're not talking about a duelling situation. We're talking about war, and about the venue in which fixers reign supreme: in open PVP.

And, in that situation, I honestly don't see how you're going to get a fixer to stand still long enough for an MA to :

1. land a regular
    2. stun with brawl
    3. SOFC swap/SA
    4. Bow swap/AS
    5. STILL be in range for a dimach

(not that this doesn't happen... ofc, I have done it myself. I remember when I had conceal maxed on my MA and I popped from sneak, and in three hits wtf owned a fixer who came near the CT... he WAS standing still though, and he certainly wasn't a PVP fixer who's out for a kill)

MA's, are arguably the only prof that's really capable of taking down a fixer, but MA's only have one chance, and that fixer MUST be rooted.

That said, with regards to the init debuffs, I've never seen in all my days an MA hit a fixer with SL perks. In a duelling situation, maybe, MAYBE, a guy like kittles can pull it off with MR, but realistically, it's never going to happen in war situation, and therefore it's not a valid tactic to stop a fixer from meeping.

With regards to the other profs ganking a fixer before he can meep... Agent it seems might have a chance if UBT landed, but I kinda don't see that happening.

But there's one prof we haven't given a lot of thought to:

keeper.

Imo, keeper with MR has a reasonable chance to make a kill on a fixer before he meeps.

keeper has enough survival to soak an fixer alpha and has the firepower with:

1. land a normal
    2. MR
    3. bluntness+Feast +SND + fast attack + brawl
    4. supernova swap/AS

No matter what way you cut it though, there's still a fair chunk of time in there for the fixer to meep if ES isn't up because you can't start the supernova swap until MR pops.

stop itchin and log some agents imo.

also, make istare adv only pls. (gonna be some hate on that 1 but it makes sense to me)
    T O O N Z:

sorry, but fixers, especially solo fixers pretty much always die when roaming our land. fixers with blockers up is another story. so *shrug* i seriously can't see the point here. even if he got away. the demand for a corpse just because you got issues is just no reason whatsoever to make any changes to the game. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    sorry, but fixers, especially solo fixers pretty much always die when roaming our land. fixers with blockers up is another story. so *shrug* i seriously can't see the point here. even if he got away. the demand for a corpse just because you got issues is just no reason whatsoever to make any changes to the game. sorry.
    lol.

"Fixers roaming our land"

Sounds like the beginning to a nice fable, where xootch comes along riding a pretty horsey and carries breadcrumbs in his pocket so he can find his way back to the control tower.

Solo fixers, solo engis, solo doctors, who cares? that's not the issue. I don't think anyone is saying that they are worried that one fixer is going to pox 60 4.92 million HP turrets before going to work on the CT in the 4 hours and 59 minutes before the site hits 75%.

Not to state the obvious, or anything, but I'm not sure a fixer can even solo a site. 60x~5M hp = 120 million hp 120m HP/5hr*60m/hr = 1m dmg/minute. and that's not including the CT.

So, it sounds like you'd need at least 4 more fixers going full steam DPS to make that happen.

Anyway, 1 vs a towersite isn't the issue, obviously.

However, also (I thought) obviously, all balance is based on 1 vs 1. I mean, if we're trying to balance AO when it's 1 fixer vs any prof + a 300 tower site, ya, sure I can see why you're not having many problems.

But, try this, for a theoretical challenge: instead of you with a 275 presence tower, all raid buffs, and a perfectly built cluster of 7 towers debuffing and occasionally hitting the attacking fixer, turn it around:

Now it's you attacking, while getting hit by and debuffed by 7 towers, and then a fixer pops out with all defences up, MR button feeling itchy, with 7 towers giving him bonuses and smashing the target he's going to attack.

So, which side of the coin do you like? Attacker or attacked? Offensive or Defensive?

Obviously, that's the mechanic of war: the attacking party gains the element of surprise, and can attack at will, while the defending party gains significant bonuses and can much more readily prepare for defence by merely entering the site and geing ambient buffs.

So, instead of suggesting that fixers pox easy when it is a solo fixer vs you and 7 of your buddies all working in tandem to bust his nuts, why don't you separate yourself from your 7 buddies, take the fixer in a 1 on 1, and see how she goes.

lol.

So, instead of suggesting that fixers pox easy when it is a solo fixer vs you and 7 of your buddies all working in tandem to bust his nuts, why don't you separate yourself from your 7 buddies, take the fixer in a 1 on 1, and see how she goes.
    Because the fixer meeps b4 we even see him . .

If meeping gets nerfed, i am off again.
    Too much nerfing, too little improving.
    recently i heard vanya sing:
    WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
    AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast