Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeping

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    I disagree. It's been a part of AO since launch. 2day we have bs and duels.

War and streetfights is not pretty, ever. Fast evacs is a part of the function of fixers.

I agree. I think the alphapower is too potent with their defence.
    The insane power has not.
    The "real" infinite attempts has not.

Up until, what? 2004? Almost everyone could 1 hit AS people.

Up until then, most wars were in Towers or Street PvP, as you say it.

Now, there's BS and duels but Fixers still have six or so too many things to throw; there is literally no class in the game that can beat a Fixer, on a Fixer's terms; if there were a giant flat plain and the Fixer had perfect timing, there is literally nothing to stop them. Even an NT will just get AlphaMeeped.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    The insane power has not.
    The "real" infinite attempts has not.

Up until, what? 2004? Almost everyone could 1 hit AS people.

Up until then, most wars were in Towers or Street PvP, as you say it.

Now, there's BS and duels but Fixers still have six or so too many things to throw; there is literally no class in the game that can beat a Fixer, on a Fixer's terms; if there were a giant flat plain and the Fixer had perfect timing, there is literally nothing to stop them. Even an NT will just get AlphaMeeped.
    so..all the fixers I've sent to reclaim with my MELEE adv ...were all assisted suicides..that's a bummer I mean, it's not a guaranteed outcome but I figured well, I'll use my brain, they'll mess up and get cocky (fixers lol), I'll have a small window to kill them, then I'll make a smiley face in vicinity...but now, knowing this...I'm just depressed, thanks :'(
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    so..all the fixers I've sent to reclaim with my MELEE adv ...were all assisted suicides..that's a bummer I mean, it's not a guaranteed outcome but I figured well, I'll use my brain, they'll mess up and get cocky (fixers lol), I'll have a small window to kill them, then I'll make a smiley face in vicinity...but now, knowing this...I'm just depressed, thanks :'(
    a melee advy will get wtf owned by a fixer right now.

Sorry I'm not sure when you were last playing, but the tactic, is really simple... fixers are 100% to win vs advy (ranged or melee)... it's just ILCC/PO resisted..../ PO resisted.../PO resisted.../PO lands! alpha dead advy.

I mean, if the advy has blockers, then ofc it's different, or ibehe/Team LC but even then, when you got DOF/limber/motherwolf canceled, you're basically bringing advy down to easily perkable range.. add ILCC and it's game over

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    a melee advy will get wtf owned by a fixer right now.

Sorry I'm not sure when you were last playing, but the tactic, is really simple... fixers are 100% to win vs advy (ranged or melee)... it's just ILCC/PO resisted..../ PO resisted.../PO resisted.../PO lands! alpha dead advy.

I mean, if the advy has blockers, then ofc it's different, or ibehe/Team LC but even then, when you got DOF/limber/motherwolf canceled, you're basically bringing advy down to easily perkable range.. add ILCC and it's game over
    Yeah sure, just like fixers are going to crap all over agents, from your alleged experience playing a fixer and allegedly killing agents close to 100% of the time.

By the way, Giit was playing his adventurer within the last 4 months. Nice try, though.
    Last edited by wonderland; Nov 12th, 2013 at 23:41:02.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Yeah sure, just like fixers are going to crap all over agents, from your alleged experience playing a fixer and allegedly killing agents close to 100% of the time.

By the way, Giit was playing his adventurer within the last 4 months. Nice try, though.
    No false accusations pls!

if a fixer can't crap all over an agent, he should try this one:

http://www.iplay.com/game/AliceGreen...ming/cat310108

it might be more his speed.

Considering your exceptional PVP setups, I'm pretty sure you're about as cognoscente of current game play as a doctor hiding behind a shield.

not nod, you are one of the forums worst trollers. Your attempts at getting a rise out of people by quoting truths, is like attempting to undermine someone by expelling the virtues of their arguments.

Please, by all means, keep attempting to troll, it brings light to my day. However, if you do decide, one day, to start making sense and bring a reasonable argument to the table, I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by huygens View Post
    No false accusations pls!
    Feel free to point out any false accusations that you believe I have made.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...22#post6151722
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=607366&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    not nod, you are one of the forums worst trollers. Your attempts at getting a rise out of people by quoting truths, is like attempting to undermine someone by expelling the virtues of their arguments.

Please, by all means, keep attempting to troll, it brings light to my day. However, if you do decide, one day, to start making sense and bring a reasonable argument to the table, I'd love to hear it.
    "I know you are, but what am I?" -Noobastank

Good one. Keep deflecting anything and anyone that disagrees with you. I'm sure you'll just be so much more convincing.
    Last edited by wonderland; Nov 13th, 2013 at 00:23:10.
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I've killed plenty in standing fights, too. But as I said. It's the same with a lowbie Trader. Only when they're lazy will you beat them. That's why I only duel them in standing fights.

Not kidding though. The only thing that can cut a diamond is another diamond innit.
    I'm Batman.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Good one.
    Well played sir! I'm sure I've heard this before.... lets see, it was a long time ago.

Yes, I think I have it!

I was 6 years old; over 30 years ago now, and lets see, I believe I said to someone: "you're so capable"

They didn't understand, so, the response was:

"I know you are but what am I?"

Do you let your kids make up your forums responses?

I never thought the meaning of balance was that one prof gets everything while the others share the leftovers.

Sorry but all this nerf fixer stuff is getting ridiculous now. Fixers are not even that overpowered, maybe it seems it because you don't play a nemesis. Try rolling a full dodge nt or a full biodome. Or hell, use your brains and try to think of a totally new setup with a different proffesion, the amount of detail in ao is crazy, such variety available. Perhaps make an enforcer, I thinks it's funny that nobody complains about their perks... If the fixer doesn't have over 16k Hp then you're going to scare him away for sure(and that's without mr). And don't give me the QQ about fixer fa vs enfs, any enf can get over 3k def, maybe try those reani cloaks too.

Full AR PE swap agent
    A trader (alot of fixers don't use the remover perk line)
    A def setup agent can even put up a fight, is like to think so with all those buffs
    An advy.. Try going trox for wit, take a look at motfk

My book titled '101 ways to kill a fixer' will be out soon.

"But he has nm coon I can't alpha him" it's a longer recharge then your perks, go back for more.
    "But he has mongo rage he will perk me" fixers don't need mr to perk people, if he has it, learn to survive it on the above advy/def agent/nts. Good job, you now have 3mins to kill him. And he's without and offensive perkline anyway
    "He has over 20k Hp" team with a friend or log you mr shade and give it a go. If that doesn't work get your friend to log a toon and help! I'm sure an AS, SA, DIM, or enf perking will help.

Look the problem is people are dieing to fixers on their cookie cutter setup and thinking 'did this I'm making a fixer too'. Instead of that try making a toon to counter them. And if you suck and can't kill them solo who cares, ask a friend and team up. I doubt pvp was meant to be solo.

"But duels are solo" then play your trox adv, idk, I don't duel purely because my tactics would be seen as cheating, and I'm meant to toe to toe all those mrs, enfs, and pets(LOL). Instead of kiting while spamming debuffs, and the combination of roots and snares.

But look, the variety in AO is ridiculous. Stop following the trend of cookie cutter setups and try something new. And stop being such a wuss. You shouldn't be able to kill everyone in any odd setup, because that's stupid, and this is Anarchy Online.

And yes, if he meeps then you win, score isn't everything
    Last edited by Spead; Nov 13th, 2013 at 12:15:34.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Sorry but all this nerf fixer stuff is getting ridiculous now. Fixers are not even that overpowered, maybe it seems it because you don't play a nemesis.
    To be fair, it got rediculous a long time ago.

and all the people saying "pls nerf fixr" are generally people either playing a profession that gets crapped on by fixer and fail to see/consider anything outside their own profession, or the same few people who have been making "nerf everyone else buff me" crap since 2009. It gets truly bad when people are lying to try to "justify" their argument, and/or simply resorting to throwing insults in response to being pointed out contradictions or an explanation on how they're wrong.

Not going to name any names, but it's pretty blatant.

My book titled '101 ways to kill a fixer' will be out soon.
    I actually thought of making a guide on how to alpha a doctor with potentially any profession (Obviously not 100% of the time with every profession, and some would involove setting up differently or swapping some stuff), but giving advice on the forums has usually turned into me getting trash talked later and people will most likely still go around saying "doctors r teh OPest o man rito pls fix" because their main interest is in just buffing their profession and not really in balance.
    Last edited by wonderland; Nov 13th, 2013 at 13:08:50.

Give me one profession that can kill a Fixer alone outside of a duel, where a well timed meep is an option.
    I'm Batman.

Give me one profession that can kill a Fixer alone outside of a duel, where a well timed meep is an option.
    Ill give you a few. Shade(!), enf, nt, agent, mp, ma.

Just because you can't doesn't mean everyone else can't, OR just because you can't kill them 100% of them time doesn't mean you can't kill them. Practice makes perfect.

Over the years there has been a sudden influx of a certain profession because people see, or die to someone from said profession, and then go roll one. A few example are soldiers, advys, crats, and enfs. It seems at the minute that prof is fixers. Instead of making one, try making a nemesis. And then when the fixers get bored of you thy will make a nemesis for you etc, etc. and then there will be a pretty even balance of all professions, and we will get nice pvp situations that result in more fun!
    Devil Inside

Ill give you a few. Shade(!), enf, nt, agent, mp, ma.!

Shade, Enf, MA, Agent, nope. Won't be able to kill a Fixer before they can meep (Meep meep out of MR)

NT, there's a 3 second gap where triples can be avoided.

MP can stop meeping; can't exactly kill the Fixer without imploding first.
    I'm Batman.

Shade, Enf, MA, Agent, nope. Won't be able to kill a Fixer before they can meep (Meep meep out of MR)

NT, there's a 3 second gap where triples can be avoided.

MP can stop meeping; can't exactly kill the Fixer without imploding first.
    Shade- take some lessons from bang or vasco. You can't just perk MR and expect to win.
    Enf - lol stupid perk checks, stuns and two camping specials.
    Nt - ai dot and then DM right away, followed by cb then IU and ao perks, finish with triple.
    MA - how can a fixer meep with no inits lmao, take a look at kittlepunch.
    Agent -mr some perks, as sneak and dimach - what's the problem?
    Mp - takes a bit longer. NSD proc combined with tigress 11 sec as( which is awesome) and nukes/pets. I must admit MP is the less likely as it takes more time. Might struggle to for a nuke on because of keeping blockers up.

QQ motr - recharge, go back.
    Devil Inside

done it many times, sometimes with help, sometimes completely solo, it happens...I swear, now I know I'm invisible in Bor lol.

melee interrupts casting, it's a great reason for me to refuse the ranged adv solution to life.

there's also brawl stuns, trust me when I say fixers forget to recast their magic when it runs out every 10 minutes.

play a fixer and you'll see some weakness in them, even at lower levels, the same lessons apply to endgame.

MR, don't just pop it when you see them, MR shouldn't be part of your alpha on a fixer, it should be there for when you wear them down and need to finish things.

fixers get cocky, it happens to the best of them. it's almost part of the profession. they actually do NOT want to meep! they want to kill you, lol. take advantage of that

dmg procs, cycle procs to your advantage, dmg procs hurt fixers, and iirc most, if not all dmg procs can land even when you miss. yes, you can have def/off procs in your ncu, AND use dmg procs at the same time, it just takes a lot of button pushing and paying attention.

blind ring, you can make one meep just by using this, if you're atrox 90% will expect MR right after it, so give it a second, if they meep, they probably think your MR is used up, and it's safe enough to come back and finish you...it's funny how often this actually happens exactly like that lol.

don't use /follow. /f will keep you too far away, and will not make up any room on a fixer, a good fixer has already won if you use /follow, save it for when you're blinded, that's the only time you should be using it anyway.

Wyoming, as much as you've afk'd in Bor, and you haven't seen fixers dying? time for you to get rid of the pvm setup, and find out what shades can do imo.

with a melee adv (it's my only tl7 for 8 years, srry) I've been kited in duels, and in open pvp by them, and it's still a 50/50 chance to live, that seems pretty fair to me, esp when they have PO and just eff's me all up the butt n back.

Belz 1 day followed me and a fixer around bor fighting, I wasn't morphed ofc, the fight lasted about 10-15 minutes, it was fun as hell, I won...thank youuuuuuu DIMACH! I only remember this because Belz was kind enough to tell me how fun it was to watch hehe. I didn't win because I'm king kong, I won because I played into that fix's weaknesses, he wanted the kill, badly, and stuck around about 3 seconds too long trying to get it.

there's a lot of fixers. there's also a lot of MR wielding atrox everythings.

I will say this, the NM fixers, they are....SCARY! between PO and NM coon...all I can do is sigh really <3

I love fixers, and I'll defend their right to be on top right now, it's their turn. want some neat fun, go search for the "shades are OP threads" :P at one time Bor was nothing but shade ganks lol.

Fixers and meeps, all that shiz will be nerfed again, just like everything else as the top end power rotates around the profession list like always. enjoy the challenge while it lasts.

sorry for the book guys. it's as close as I can get to playing AO for another week ^^
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

btw, if you don't think you won the fight when the fixer meeps, think about this. if it was a duel and he meeped, you won. so really, we're just bitching about numbers here, right?
    T O O N Z:

Shade- take some lessons from bang or vasco. You can't just perk MR and expect to win.
    Enf - lol stupid perk checks, stuns and two camping specials.
    Nt - ai dot and then DM right away, followed by cb then IU and ao perks, finish with triple.
    MA - how can a fixer meep with no inits lmao, take a look at kittlepunch.
    Agent -mr some perks, as sneak and dimach - what's the problem?
    Mp - takes a bit longer. NSD proc combined with tigress 11 sec as( which is awesome) and nukes/pets. I must admit MP is the less likely as it takes more time. Might struggle to for a nuke on because of keeping blockers up.

QQ motr - recharge, go back.
    Shade - Please, explain to me, how, with only AI perks, and in a fight where the Fixer can anticipate it, such as Bor PvP (Unless I sneak and wait until I have a 1/3 shot at DoF being down) I can kill a Fixer -at all- before they meep.
    NEXT
    Enf - "lol stupid perk checks" yeah. MOTR + Meep.
    NEXT
    NT - DoT and DM right away. "LOL MY HP IS DOWN *mash meep*"
    NEXT
    MA - How can a fixer meep with no inits? Good question. It's almost as Fixers DON'T have the highest evades ever.
    NEXT
    MP. Really. A Fixer cannot perk Tigress MPs?
    I'm Batman.

The only argument I saw in the last few posts that means anything is that procs hurt fixers.

Yes.

All the profs that are supposedly decent or 50% to win's ... I'm guessing it's more like:

shade 30% to win, if MR, without MR... 0% to win
    enf 20% to win. if dimach is up, 50% to win also the perks mean F-all, no perks land on a fixer who takes reasonable precaution.
    NT - if the fixer sticks around long enough to eat a few doubles, sure... if we're talking about fixers meeping, bye bye.
    MA - in Open PVP, 10% chance to kill. Everyone knows the easy option with MA's is to keep them at range. And wtf is this about inits? those are 100% MA vs Evade cls PERKS... the only profs they work on is doc/agent/sold and Enf
    MP - seems to me if a MP is using Bow, he's going to spat before the seconds AS... not sure how anyone thinks an MP is going to last to wear down a fixer so that the actual NSD can inhibit meep and make a kill.

this list is LOL, realistically, in open PVP, fixers are only taken down by 2 or more players working in harmony.

1 engi to stop the special alpha, and provide distraction, and an 11s AS, 1 prof to actually make the kill (crat/NT/MA/trader/another fixer/soldier/ranged advy etc), and in 99% of cases, you're still not going to beat him... you'll just force a meep.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast