Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeping

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    cc removers have cooldowns much longer than ccs themselves, do you even play this game?
    between fm stims, rods, motr, resistance buffs, removal nanos and perks like sd and tacky hack you can stay out of CC for long enough for the warp to kick in. i mean, really. it's not as difficult as people make it seem to avoid CC for a short period of time.
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 20th, 2013 at 00:36:20.

Most roots apart from grafts cant be removed by one FM stim.

Motr has a 10minute cooldown

rods have a 4 minute cooldown

resistance buffs are limited to a few profs and the only OSB is 11%

removal nanos are limited to few profs and by the time you've casted it you've already been re-rooted

tacky hack, cause so many people play solitus right.

Really lazy, you are grasping at straws.

Most roots apart from grafts cant be removed by one FM stim.

Motr has a 10minute cooldown

rods have a 4 minute cooldown

resistance buffs are limited to a few profs and the only OSB is 11%

removal nanos are limited to few profs and by the time you've casted it you've already been re-rooted

tacky hack, cause so many people play solitus right.

Really lazy, you are grasping at straws.
    so apparently listing the tools used by professions to avoid cc daily is grasping at straws?

really, try playing the game osmetime. you'll see how easy it is to avoid being CC'd for minutes at a time.

Lazy, let's just pop this from a Shade perspective.

If I am full PvP with the perkline at 10, I get decent resist plus 4 or so removers. Each with a 60s cooldown.
    Plus MOTR, plus rods/Great Purge.

Root every 5s. That's being generous for reaction. Not spamming.

- With no % resistance I get 35 seconds no-root time.
    25 seconds to spare. 5 removers.

I can only just manage ONE MINUTE.
    I'm Batman.

so you're saying meeping is not okay because YOU(!) could theoretically be ganked while being warped because you might be rooted in a 25 sec window ("generous"ly hit root resistance as soon as you saw dots on the map and you dont wanna waste your absorb) though 43%+ root and snare resistance (or 60%+ if you happened to consider this before you went griefing)?

i have to say, that is one compelling argument.
    Last edited by Xootch; Sep 21st, 2013 at 15:35:25.

Also i think the professional troll is only talking about roots and snares. What about other forms of cc

Alb stims remove roots/snares/blinds every 30s and have a cool effect on use! The sekrit is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Alb stims remove roots/snares/blinds every 30s. The sekrit is out.
    shhh don't tell them! these threads are a great source of /popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    Also i think the professional troll is only talking about roots and snares. What about other forms of cc
    you mean the blinds everyone is immune to and the stuns that are removed with 1 click? what about them?

anyway if CC is as strong as you say it is, just use your own CC tools and run out of range. it's really not rocket science.
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 22nd, 2013 at 21:03:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    shhh don't tell them! these threads are a great source of /popcorn

you mean the blinds everyone is immune to and the stuns that are removed with 1 click? what about them?

anyway if CC is as strong as you say it is, just use your own CC tools and run out of range. it's really not rocket science.
    alb stims are not exactly in huge supply and easy to obtain.

Not everyone is immune to blinds and you left out fears as well.

Stuns take at least 1 second to remove, more likely 1.5+ since you have to factor in server sync and reaction time.

The people being rushed firstly have to find their opponent which is hard having to tab through towers as well, secondly they might not cc the particular player that has cc.

You don't really think things through before you open your forum mouth do you?

do you just post to post?? you post everywhere. none of what you say makes sense most times.... ok, you win! you win the "I can post the most" game. I concide... now go find another game!

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    alb stims are not exactly in huge supply and easy to obtain.
    alba is soloable on just about every profession. stop being lazy.

Not everyone is immune to blinds and you left out fears as well.
    really? blind resist utils are profession locked? when did that happen?

for fears make friends with a keep.

Stuns take at least 1 second to remove, more likely 1.5+ since you have to factor in server sync and reaction time.
    so you're saying youy can't survive for 1-1.5s?

The people being rushed firstly have to find their opponent which is hard having to tab through towers as well, secondly they might not cc the particular player that has cc.
    spacial awareness is an important skill to have. here's a protip: dots appear on your minimap before players are in visible range if you're so scared of CC you can always press W BEFORE the defenders get in range.

You don't really think things through before you open your forum mouth do you?
    lol
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 20:42:42.

I was explaining how meeping shouldn't be used with crowd control.. I mean, both is a bit far.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    I was explaining how meeping shouldn't be used with crowd control..
    this is actually true. i can confirm that snare/root nano recharge blocks you from casting meep.

the better way to grief is to have a team with you so when some annoying fixer spams MR alpha at you, the 7 blockers eat all the special damage, and the remaining perks don't kill you.

Add a doctor to the mix to really make that fixer annoyed.

I can confirm that this makes fixers annoyed.

Add a trader to your team to really screw up his day. /assist + Shutdown skills = dead fixer fast.

But, something that's even funnier than a dead fixer is one who feels completely baffled that his MR alpha didn't kill a crat. I dunno how many times I've seen it this weekend, I'm out with engi on follow and alt tabbing between crat/engi, and I'm on engi spamming dmg and crat starts taking damage. And then...

nothing.

Fixer runs out of perks and specials, and I'm just healing up the crat for a while. it's kinda loltastic.

The nice thing about MR fixers I guess is that they don't have as many damage perks.

Yes i will taunt my enemies to death.
    Exactly. You make it sound like the -2000 nanoskills would be such a big problem for a soldier.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

So.. a full team to take on a Trox Fixer?
    I'm Batman.

nerf full teams

ah, no. but this conversation was predicated on the fact that a fixer can keep a target in place, then bail if things get hot.

I don't think it's any news to anyone that a fixer MR alpha can send most people one on one to reclaim.

What's unusual about my experience that I wanted to relate, was that I found it amusing to eat a whole MR alpha and keep pew pewing his tower.

I mean, it's not so unusual if you were say, an enforcer, or a doctor, or an engineer, but when it happens on an evade prof like a crat who is built around a low HP setup, it's pretty funny.

it was just the classic situation, there was me dual logged and an agent pew pewing, and I wasn't paying attention, and neither was the agent. The fixer rolls up, and nobody even registered him , and he's like standing there just waiting for his gas and checking us out. Then he's like: i'm gunna destroy this crat... so he pops MR and goes for the gank.

I'm still talking to my wife or whatever, and I come back to the computer and my crats got like 1000 health remaining, but the fixer is standing there like he's tryin to hit him but there's no damage-MR ran out, and he's debuffed, so I pop a first aid stim, hit him with a couple AS's and he runs off.

The agent CH's me about 10 seconds later.

The point isn't that it takes a team to combat a fixer. The point is that if you're in a team, you don't have to worry so much about them.

Heck, if I triple log and bring my keeper with me, the situation is just stupid for people attacking me. the natural defences of a crat with IHM/fully perked into CP +keeper using immi/heals/enervate+engi with 25% reflect+7 team blockers... is like ok bro good luck with that.

I have an advy that I might move to a different account just to get mother wolf into the mix.

immi =210 AAD
    iHM = 410AAD
    CP=100 AAD
    MW=201 evades + istare 60 evades
    GSF= 79 evades
    Icrt = 50 AAD
    etc.
    Add in 175 AAD from raidbuffs and even the engi is hard to hit with all that crap running.

That's like extra 1300 evades. add a few team buffs/procs from keeper (symbiotic bypass) or overrule 500 AAD and you're pretty sweet.

who cares if you're snared if you can't die?

I wonder how many PVPers quit playing AO because the majority of it consisted of not PVPing because your entire enemy team/raid simply disappears when you arrive.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast