Thread: rebalance current professions instead of redefining them

rebalance current professions instead of redefining them

imo, the current professsions ftw. AO is a very advanced and complex game. I seen the proposals and it looks more like a bad redefinition of some of the finest ao has to offer. Thats all I has to say.

I think you (w the current proposals) are overdoing it. We didn't ask for this.

A rebalance (instead of a redefinition of all professions) would also probably be faster
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

I disagree

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder

I agree completely. It's just not possible to change everything like that without having some MAJOR issues. Just remember what happened with OS and the AS pistol. Those single changes.. What do you think will happen if you change literally half the game at the same time? It's impossible to predict how it's going to turn out. Except that it WILL alienate tons of veteran players who have gotten used to their toons over a decade.

Fine tuning is the way to go. Identify which classes are lowest on the food chain (currently keeper and mp).. Give them some love.. Wait a few months and then re evaluate..

If you feel pvm is too easy, then just change the behaviour of mobs/bosses. Give them more oompf. No need to change EVERYthing to fix this.

Cheers.

nerf crat, doc, buff mp, agent, keepour. give as pistol 2 second recharge. job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Please, just leave them alone!! They need to be different and have different strengths and weakness's at different TL's so people will team!!

Its hard enough as it is. Poll all the subscriber's and really really find out if the majority think this is needed. Put a radio button on the subscriber page and give it a few months. Those that think they know better will just have to lump it as we all know what the results would be. Imo of course

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    imo, the current professsions ftw. AO is a very advanced and complex game. I seen the proposals and it looks more like a bad redefinition of some of the finest ao has to offer. Thats all I has to say.

I think you (w the current proposals) are overdoing it. We didn't ask for this.

A rebalance (instead of a redefinition of all professions) would also probably be faster

I completely agree, the current classes is what made me fall for AO in the first place. redoing the whole character range is just silly. Instead like you put it, a rebalance.

A definate thumbs up, as i play an NT PvM and i absolutely love it. but seeing what they will be doing to my beloved class just breaks my balls.. >
    (Giving NT's a Q attack is just utter poo, the one thing that makes us truely unique).

I think everyone loves the complexity of the number of professions. But with that complexity comes an utter inability to balance them. The differences across the levels, pvm vs. pvp, etc. just make it impossible. If FC would homogenize the profs even a little bit, then we would have less of this nerf/lub/nerf/lub cycle. I think the reason that we have 4 core profs is that those are really the only "real" pvm roles in a game of this design. A pure support profession like trader just can't be fit into this puzzle neatly.

I'd really like to see a proposal that gives all of the professions a meaningful chunk of one of the core roles of heal/tank/CC and have huge boosts in damage from the weaker dmg profs we have now. Then we could see if traders, MPs, keepers etc. would be so opposed.

If keepers could tank like an enforcer but not as well (like an enf without db nanos, perhaps?) and MPs could do dmg and debuffs equivalent to a crat (but not bosscalm) and (only?) traders could bosscalm, would they complain that we are homogenizing them?
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Pvm has become too easy. PVE doesn't correspond with profession-toolsets so much anymore. There is also almost no profession, setup or breed-disparity anymore either.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

I agree. Fine tuning is all that's needed.

But, imo, the place to start is by looking at underused professional tools - exactly as I outlined in the perk change thread.

start with the MOST underused perks, tune them up, make them worthwhile. Shift some focus away from offense, more towards defence, or vice versa, then allow people to choose how to define their style of play according to the limitations imposed by the perk choices.

Make Fixers either hackers or evaders. Not both.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by wyoming View Post
    make fixers either hackers, evaders or offensive juggernauts. Not all three, at once, while maintaining escape capability throughout combat on top of all that.
    ftfy