Thread: Something New for PVP? This sounds fun....

Something New for PVP? This sounds fun....

Thoughts about a new “battle station”, given some improv realizing FC isn’t likely to do anything dramatic. So all thoughts of FC coding anything heavy goes out the window. However, a few bowl packs later, I realized a perfect instance and a whole new way to PvP.

First, some quick thoughts about pvp, and what some people generally do and do not like.

1. People complain it’s unbalanced.
    2. Roots/Zoning/Blinds/”Cant find target”
    3. Bor PvP and all its shenanigan’s
    4. Titles/Statistics
    5. Popularity/skilled

So with this in mind, I propose that the Second floor (Fire Floor, some consider it the first) should be promoted to the new “battle station” in anarchy online. With a few exceptions and rules I think it would really ****e up the AO Community. Let’s face it, we like depth and a challenge. I think both the flames and the nano’s both propose a perfect match. The nanos should stay the same, and the flames should kick in just as they do now but after 5 mins into the duel to propose some kind of “deathmatch”.

I think it should live interface (much like the way LFT works, just added a “pvp” tab) and 3 players or under, or all or any, I really haven’t thought of a good number, but 3 does stand out. I also would suggest the addition to allowing people to log their stats win/loses in the “DB3 Duel room” just the same as other stats do now. We could even ask as far as “PvP org/groups” that they can join and leave from, to present a social stat for people recognize. This would stir the pvp pot quite a bit and give a few professions a chance to shine. I’ll leave it at this, I honestly just wanted to plant the seed.

I hope that FC reads this, and the other comments and might adopt the idea, and if they do, I suggest a “on person” gui that players can freely Q up from, much like LFT.
    Please Add! This could plausibly be integrated fairly quickly considering FC wouldn’t really have to “code” anything heavy and it would be a blast! Please discuss and add your ideas!

Wisdomman
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:15:08. Reason: Pesky Typos

I like it. I think it would definitely kick it up a notch, which is definitely what the AO community needs, Maybe it would bring more people into the PVP scene as well.

Perk roots and fixers reign supreme
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Perk roots and fixers reign supreme
    Ive also thought about that as well, specifically in the "death match" part. The only thing I could think of is putting a Nano post in the middle of the room for complete root/snare resist. Or if we wanna get daring Nano resist? Or inscreased range so any player can reach the whole room (would be nice for melee, i like this idea the most) lol You would ofc be giving up the other available nanos.

My two cents

Wisdomman
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:37:59.

Or maybe 100% root/snare/stun resist when the flames start?

Wont never happen. Plus its to over complex. The only thing they need to do is make a separate BS take cap points out. Just have A and B start points and people meet in the middle! No zoning etc just one big open playfield!

What i think anyway.
    Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    Wont never happen. Plus its to over complex. The only thing they need to do is make a separate BS take cap points out. Just have A and B start points and people meet in the middle! No zoning etc just one big open playfield!

What i think anyway.
    =zerg fest or spawncamping

If they fixed that camping isnt possible or straight out zerging, i'd take 3 seconds to +1 that
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

What this game needs is a miracle that will convince the community that they don't lose anything when dying in pvp so they would actually join bs instead of hugging fixers and backyards all day long while at the same time complaining how pvp sucks and there's no action. If all those so-called pvpers joined the same bs instead of standing around in borealis or in the duel room bs pvp would automatically be a lot better. Somehow people find it more fun to stand around flagged for minutes to hours baiting or waiting to get instaganked 1v3+ and sent to respawn rezzing than constant pvp with the possibility of dying and respawning fully buffed in 30 seconds.
    This game has very few real pvpers, most just look for an easy fight that ends quick.

Of course the battlestation itself needs some tweaks, but compared to how broken the community is those seem like minor issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    What this game needs is a miracle that will convince the community that they don't lose anything when dying in pvp so they would actually join bs instead of hugging fixers and backyards all day long while at the same time complaining how pvp sucks and there's no action. If all those so-called pvpers joined the same bs instead of standing around in borealis or in the duel room bs pvp would automatically be a lot better. Somehow people find it more fun to stand around flagged for minutes to hours baiting or waiting to get instaganked 1v3+ and sent to respawn rezzing than constant pvp with the possibility of dying and respawning fully buffed in 30 seconds.
    This game has very few real pvpers, most just look for an easy fight that ends quick.

Of course the battlestation itself needs some tweaks, but compared to how broken the community is those seem like minor issues
    But......the only people that do that is punk peeps....soo why diddnt you just make a !news and say this? Would make more sense..also tell them to quit logging 6 different toons for buffs..just to flag for 5mins. And join battlestation!

Poko speaks sense, all hail Poko!

Boooo to the 3 fixers, crat aura, remod, and blockers to gank one 175 shade
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    But......the only people that do that is punk peeps....soo why diddnt you just make a !news and say this? Would make more sense..also tell them to quit logging 6 different toons for buffs..just to flag for 5mins. And join battlestation!
    http://www.safetyed.org/howtoproperlytreataburn.html