Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    An engine is fresh paint (sort off)... What else can it be? Could you +sum(x;y) it up please...
    The ability for FC to continue developing the game with their current toolset ... PERIOD.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Rather doing more than the current engine allows. Collision for instance is something the old engine doesnt allow for. New engine can but afaik wont be used. But just to show theres more abilities to a new engine.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I just want you all to know that I love you
    I just want you to know that I don't love you
    In the subway goes the keepers

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    ..... If I remember correctly, only grass, water and sky will receive an overhaul.
    Where the Heck are all the new heads, 'Means' posted the past 2 years ?
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantopha View Post
    Yes! How could I have forgotten about the head? :d
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

The whole "too Asian" thing was mildly entertaining. Perhaps they did turn out too Asian and had to be scrapped? In reality though, new head meshes would be enticing. Of course, with all the staff departures, who knows, perhaps the heads left the building as well.

I dont know. Maybe they were simply designed and "in the system" but the work of coding them in was never done?

It has been stated (by the devs) that at this point in the engine development they just want it out the door and it wont have everything they wanted in it, but over time would release updates in regards to the engine. With that in mind, that sort of tells me that if they dont release it now, the engine would probably still be in development for another 4 years to become "complete".

Signed up!
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

There was a dev post earlier indicating these were on hold because of the resource crush causing all the layoffs/reorganization. I can't remember any word about when/if they will be restarted.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

/sarcasm
    No heads? No problem! Perhaps they're banking on New Shiny Distraction Factor. Laf.

http://www.ao-universe.com/files/_up...c_rough_03.jpg
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 29th, 2013 at 03:10:29. Reason: removed image tags

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    /sarcasm
    No heads? No problem! Perhaps they're banking on New Shiny Distraction Factor. Laf.

http://www.ao-universe.com/files/_up..._rough_03.jpg]
    That's great, i would play with that graphic even headless! :P Btw clock is thicking... let's hope that end of september will be beta start!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 29th, 2013 at 03:10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by djcenox View Post
    That's great, i would play with that graphic even headless! :P Btw clock is thicking... let's hope that end of september will be beta start!
    September 2014 or 2015 ? you are sooo optimistic. tbh I don't believe there will be any Beta before middle of 2014.
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

September 2014 or 2015 ? you are sooo optimistic. tbh I don't believe there will be any Beta before middle of 2014.
    Waaay too optimistic
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thumbs up

I have faith! We will see something this week! I know it!

Yes! Tomorrow even, if we all put our faith in it it will become true!
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

I -think- the new heads/body meshes/animations were all scrapped due to staffing changes. I can't remember where I read it however, maybe in a previous monthly update.

Edit: it was a player post I read, no official word from FC recently. The Bejing office was the folks working on it however they are not with FC any more.

There are these preview shots here:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...2012+Update%2F

--With all the characters headless dated last year. Draw any conclusion from that you want.
    Last edited by Kotts; Sep 30th, 2013 at 18:00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    I -think- the new heads/body meshes/animations were all scrapped due to staffing changes. I can't remember where I read it however, maybe in a previous monthly update.

Edit: it was a player post I read, no official word from FC recently. The Bejing office was the folks working on it however they are not with FC any more.

There are these preview shots here:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...2012+Update%2F

--With all the characters headless dated last year. Draw any conclusion from that you want.
    I believe they said they finished all the heads and that was before the Beijing office closed down.

There's never been anything said about heads being scrapped. Instead, it was said they were all finished and awaiting implementation. But there was some funky stuff with getting heads to work in new engine.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast