Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    my question is: did anyone get invited ? =))))))))))
    It's supposed to be a secret. Only Funcom and NSA knows.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It's supposed to be a secret. Only Funcom and NSA knows.
    I'm pretty sure NSA does not know, its FunCom. Half the time I'm not even sure FunCom knows what FunCom is doing.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I'm pretty sure NSA does not know, its FunCom. Half the time I'm not even sure FunCom knows what FunCom is doing.
    So the best Encryption is to send documents and such through the Funcom bureaucracy?

NSA: "Damn, we have cracked the encryption on every smartphone but this Funcom stuff is impossible!"

I hope they start with invites relatively soon or else I'm gonna miss it
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I am very happy today to announce the beginning of beta for the new rendering engine signups. Please follow this link to sign-up for the closed beta. https://register.funcom.com/account/ao_beta/ctrl/

We will be inviting people into the closed beta in waves and eventually we will drop the NDA and transition the closed beta to the open beta. For now we hope that players, both past and present, will indicate their interest by signing up.
    Were we supposed to get some sort of e-mail confirmation when signing up?

Also, is there a reason why the "Read More" link at the bottom of the sign-up info page links to information on Shadowlands?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 9th, 2013 at 13:35:17.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

They copy-pasted content from previous beta invites including the TSW one and the Shadowlands beta maybe?
    SmokeX 210/23 Neutral Opifex MA General of Spirit Walkers
    SmokeKillsU 81/3 Neutral Opifex Agent
    UraniumX 101/2 Neutral Nanomage NT
    BruteForceX 61 Neutral Opifex Fixer
    SmokingGunsX 43/2 Neutral Solitus Soldier
    SixOfNynex 42/2 Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    Jiroieyoshi 12/2 Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    EMHMarkX 32/2 Neutral Nanomage Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    my question is: did anyone get invited ? =))))))))))
    to tell you the truth i have not been invited yet >_<

Pretty sure we won't see any invites sent out for at least a month anything shorter would be naïve.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I forgot to upload my DxDiag.txt when I accepted the terms. Now I can't upload it. I hope its ok anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by YaKoStar View Post
    I forgot to upload my DxDiag.txt when I accepted the terms. Now I can't upload it. I hope its ok anyways.
    Umm... Well, basically you're saying you're good to go, but you don't have a computer. Or maybe you wanna hide the fact your desktop/laptop is teh suck hehe.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Meh, no interest, let me know when they're fixing professions, then I'll think about coming back.

Sorry, shinies don't interest me as much as game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Meh, no interest, let me know when they're fixing professions, then I'll think about coming back.

Sorry, shinies don't interest me as much as game mechanics.
    I'm pretty sure the engine is more to make things works and less bout shinnies. Things like make your graphic card matters and get rid of most of Flyin Spaghetti Monster code.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

My hope is that dual/triple logging will not be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    Umm... Well, basically you're saying you're good to go, but you don't have a computer. Or maybe you wanna hide the fact your desktop/laptop is teh suck hehe.
    Wat. I just forgot to upload the file and now I can't do it because the site won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    My hope is that dual/triple logging will not be affected.
    They will loose roughly half of the current paying playerbase then I'd guess
    Troxie

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegh View Post
    They will loose roughly half of the current paying playerbase then I'd guess
    People will need more powerful machines to dual log.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quite a few people should read this post and remind themselves that neither froob accounts nor unpaid accounts are supposed to be posting here. Stating you belong to one of those groups is not a good idea for your account status.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 10th, 2013 at 20:30:35.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Is there any chance there will be some kind of public/forum notice of when the first wave of Closed Beta invitations have been sent out?

Rather than having us speculate ...

I assume the invitations will go out via emails with a game key to our email account "of record"?

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    Is there any chance there will be some kind of public/forum notice of when the first wave of Closed Beta invitations have been sent out?

Rather than having us speculate ...

I assume the invitations will go out via emails with a game key to our email account "of record"?

Liwa
    If they don't announce it they can procrastinate for another couple years. No one can say they got in, because it would be against NDA and would get them banned, and everyone will think "maybe other people got in" and not question it.

Cool It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Quite a few people should read this post and remind themselves that neither froob accounts nor unpaid accounts are supposed to be posting here. Stating you belong to one of those groups is not a good idea for your account status.
    Yay its about time something was said about this. People who don't subscribe and have even left the game need to get a life and stop coming on to forum with an axe to grind. Its not productive and gives new players the wrong idea about this game that I love greatly. In addition it gives the developers the idea that we are all disgruntled with the game and them as developers, WE ARE NOT! The trolls on this forum do not represent me or my point of view and should not assume they do. Complaining when you don't pay for this game is like not voting and complaining about who was elected. In either case the person complaining is doing nothing but complaining and not doing anything constructive and have. Have a nice day all

PS: Feel free to flame me I know you axe grinders will but I don't care. Gonna go play AO now and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    People who don't subscribe and have even left the game need to get a life and stop coming on to forum with an axe to grind.
    I agree that if someone is not a paid player then, per Funcom, they do not have a right to post on the forums. That's pretty straight forward. The second category of people you've mentioned (people that have left the game) are, quite often people with currently paid/active subscriptions. I know that I've personally 'quit' AO 4 or 5 times over the years and each time I've quit at least one of my accounts (if not 2 or all 3) were still in a paid/active status. That's what happens when you get so fed up with something.. you leave it even when you have paid time left. So for people in that situation, I'd say they have every right to post their concerns/complaints/feedback on the forums.. in fact, you might say they have more justification since they aren't paying 'month to month' and can't get a refund for pre-paid time.

In addition it gives the developers the idea that we are all disgruntled with the game and them as developers
    This statement is a huge insult to the intellect of the game developers. They, more than anyone else, knows exactly how many active subscriptions there are for the game versus how many complaint/feedback threads are posted. So if you think they read the forums and think the sky is falling because of some negative feedback then you have less faith in them than I do (and I tend to be a pretty strong critic).

In either case the person complaining is doing nothing but complaining and not doing anything constructive
    When I don't like something about AO.. when I run into a game mechanic that makes the game feel unfun for me or if I disagree with a policy, I think that the best and most productive thing that I can do (for the health and future of the game) is let the game producer know my thoughts.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 11th, 2013 at 08:43:07.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast