Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    Be patient people,

And i dont really know how, but we need to get new people into game somehow... I dont understand why they dont start a advertising campaign... This game could have potential if you even bothered ....
    I tried getting a friend into AO once, he laughed his ass off that I pay 17.19euro - 22.84$ per month for such an outdated game "2 pixels on a screen" (his words).
    And I agree with him, don't think there is a mmorpg that charges as much as AO does, especially when the technology is so outdated that it makes you cringe when someone asks you what mmo do you play.
    To be perfectly honest the players share some blame to all this SOON TM. It's pointless to argue and moan about it on the forum while at the same time pay for it. Companies don't take decisions from how many rage posts there are on forums, but from the actual $ balance at the end of the month/year.
    Look at EvE when the ingame shop scandal happened, thousands of players canceled their accounts and in a couple of days they changed their policy. So if you actually want your voice to be heard, vote with your wallet, simple as that.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 14th, 2013 at 18:02:24. Reason: obscenity
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

the server is neglected
    the server runs instabil
    backwarps since a week
    zone delaying at grid and wompahs
    delaying in casting nanos
    dim crash at Camelot Castle "Tara" (randome spawn without pvp fun)
    around Broken Shores wompah a lot not attackable ghost lag monsters
    same into every dungeon, subway, totw......

my last german friend quit his acc and it freeze at 22th this month

BIG THX FUNCOM

ps.
    restart ur servers weekly or shut this pain off
    and start Thinking
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    around Broken Shores wompah a lot not attackable ghost lag monsters
    press F9 and check the gas.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

i dont care about gas level as Funcom it DO
    there r monsters who r not belong at this place and they have automatic to reset
    they disturb players !!!

ARK in past time got this cleanup and replace of monsters job as her daily
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

.....now im thinking about charming a bunch of random mobs and leaving them at whompa, I wonder how many it would take to make the zone lag crash players lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Mind = blown..looks like you might get that 2k after all ;o
    Lol you have no faith in the soon™.
    Soon™ uber alles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    I tried getting a friend into AO once, he laughed his ass off that I pay 17.19euro - 22.84$ per month for such an outdated game "2 pixels on a screen" (his words).
    And I agree with him, don't think there is a mmorpg that charges as much as AO does, especially when the technology is so outdated that it makes you cringe when someone asks you what mmo do you play.
    To be perfectly honest the players share some blame to all this SOON TM bull****. It's pointless to argue and moan about it on the forum while at the same time pay for it. Companies don't take decisions from how many rage posts there are on forums, but from the actual $ balance at the end of the month/year.
    Look at EvE when the ingame shop scandal happened, thousands of players canceled their accounts and in a couple of days they changed their policy. So if you actually want your voice to be heard, vote with your wallet, simple as that.
    17 euro is really too much , i dont know what Fc think, ofc we are addicted but did they realise that new player wont pay 17e for an old game?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Did you know that you can beta test latest WoW patches/versions for free?
    Did you know that you cannot get on the test server of AO if your account is frozen?
    Did you know that you cannot access Shadowlands or get Shadowknowledge on the testserver without paying?

From those premises, I can only deduct that AO is far more successful than WoW.

You're extremely naive if you think opening the new engine to a "closed beta" will build hype around the release and bring more players in, especially if you make it available only to active accounts. Just put it on testlive, it can't be any worse than your previous mistakes (rollback anyone?) You'll actually get people to resubscribe this way. And froob players to subscribe finally, since there's quite a few old players that have froob accounts waiting for the new engine to get released.

Also, to those saying inactive accounts don't have a right to voice their opinion on this: I've paid for this game off and on for the last 12 years, for multiple accounts at some points, why is your 6 or whatever years more important than mine? I've waited a long time for this engine, but I'm not going to reactivate to have a possibility of beta testing it in a date likely far off in the future anyways, oh and starting from lvl 1.

Dumb.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

I like how people completely ignore the fact that there's going to be an open beta afterwards.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I like how people completely ignore the fact that there's going to be an open beta afterwards.
    I claim that to be fanboi lies, also you are vaporware!1111
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by dexiecane View Post
    Also, to those saying inactive accounts don't have a right to voice their opinion on this: I've paid for this game off and on for the last 12 years, for multiple accounts at some points, why is your 6 or whatever years more important than mine?
    Maybe because the players with current active subscriptions are the ones actually paying for the new updates? Just a thought.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe because the players with current active subscriptions are the ones actually paying for the new updates? Just a thought.
    The ship carrying that way of thinking sailed a long time ago and has been lost at sea.

Funcom has been consistent in pretty much one thing.. setting expectations that they miss. Anyone remember them announcing that the server merge was set for the end of last year (wasn't it Novemberish?) and all of those people that resubbed before the holiday only for it to never happen until sometime this year?

The 'Soon', 'X quarter of this year', 'Y quarter of next year', 'By the end of this year' statements have been numerous and each time they've expressed one of these rough deadlines (I use the term rough not because I believe it to be but to prevent the 'it wasn't a true deadline' arguments that people ultimately try to start over this) people have resubbed or continued to sub thinking that updates would be coming Soon (Soon as defined by any reasonable person.. not Funcom's lame definition of Soon that's become a joke on this forums and even in-game -- Birthday Placard, Coming Soon).

Funcom's policy states that only current active/paid subs can post on the forums but that's more than likely to reduce some of the legitimate player feedback moreso than it being that someone who's paid for 10 years and finally got fed up, no longer has relevant feedback to provide.

I think we are way past the time of arguing on who has paid for updates. When you subscribe to a MMO it is expected.. heck it's even industry standard that the game development company will produce content updates and bug fixes. So people can really stop arguing the whole 'you don't sub.. you didn't pay for updates.. and therefore have no right to complain or care about what happens to the game' way of thinking because it is truly bogus at this point.

Honorable mention on lame arguments also goes out to people saying 'well WoW can produce updates but they have a bigger budget' while Funcom continues to produce additional games that have regular content updates. Laughable.

----------------

Anyway, on a personal note, when I returned back to game a couple months ago I decided that I wasn't going to worry over the new engine and just take what enjoyment I could from the game. That's seemed to work out fairly decent thus far though I still have had a few customer service issues that have (at least twice now) infuriated me. I also noticed that if I get involved in a project in-game I actually forget to hop on the forums and complain about something because I'm too busy having fun (i.e. when I was just working on my 157 trader.. didn't post anything really on the forums for about 10 days). But, I still understand why people come and complain and I believe they're justified.. I just can't be bothered to do it anymore. I've gotten too old to raise my blood pressure over a game.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 14th, 2013 at 14:37:47.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

2 more years untill closed beta invites
    looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    2 more years untill closed beta invites
    looking forward to it
    Another silly optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The ship carrying that way of thinking sailed a long time ago and has been lost at sea.
    Yea I get where you are going with this. As I have been paying for 10+ years I too at times feel like I should get some "credit" for past payments. But the reality is those past payments are long gone for payroll, updates, expansions, or advertising in foriegn langauges I never see. The point is the past is just that, the past and if those payments meant anything today, AO wouldn't have a skeleton crew sharing time with other titles.

So yea I kinda feel my current payments are helping keep the limited supoort game going even if it's on life support. I certainly don't care to read QQ from people that don't even contribute to the payroll of the devs/producers they are forum bashing.

Pay sub to play aka pay sub to forum post your say. Otherwise I would advise players to write a personal blog on their own time and space.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Let's take a break on who has the rights (or not) to post. The rules are how they are at the moment, if you would like to see a change in either direction, please direct those comments to the customer support, or to Game Suggestions. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Yea I get where you are going with this. As I have been paying for 10+ years I too at times feel like I should get some "credit" for past payments. But the reality is those past payments are long gone for payroll, updates, expansions, or advertising in foriegn langauges I never see. The point is the past is just that, the past and if those payments meant anything today, AO wouldn't have a skeleton crew sharing time with other titles.
    1. I'm assuming that when you say 'credit' you mean recognition which we all sometimes refer to as veteran status. I disagree that we shouldn't receive 'credit'. For instance, when Funcom made that messed up decision to only offer 2 additional slots to accounts unless you had a currently active subscription, I felt really slighted by their decision. So I paid for the game for 9 years and during the 6 months that I opted not (due to their incompetence, lack of population in the game and lies on deadlines) they rewarded brand new people or short term players additional slots on their accounts? If it were a major title I might understand such a decision but AO is not. It's a mom and pop shop, when convenient for them to behave as one, and then they take on major-production style policy when, again, it works out best on their behalf. How much trouble would it have been for them to look at veteran points and make another class of accounts that were eligible for extra slots because of their long term loyalty to the game? Not much effort at all but they didn't do it because well... they don't care about loyalty. Anyway, pretty much every game has some way of rewarding its veteran players. The more a game currently has to offer the less they need to focus on rewarding long-term players because there's more being offered for the monthly sub fee. For instance, I can't think of much that WoW offers to its veterans.. it doesn't need to. They released an expansion a year ago and it was just last week that they came out with the last content update for the Mists of Panderia expansion which included yet another round of raid bosses. People are too busy taking down content to worry about being recognized for having played since Vanilla. AO, on the other hand, is not coming out with regular content updates. You can literally not play this game for 2 years, come back, and not have a single new thing to do since last time you played. When that's the case, people start to care more about receiving 'credit' for long term loyalty as in the eyes of the player the game company should be happy/grateful that they continued to pay a monthly subscription (top dollar btw.. an AO sub costs just as much as a WoW) for a game that hasn't progressed.

2. AO has a skeleton crew because that's what Funcom wants it to have. I guess the problem I have with people sympathizing with Funcom is summed up by two titles: Age of Conan and The Secret World. A game company that is so poor that they can't infuse any money into Anarchy Online somehow has enough money to produce two additional titles (and they've come out with a couple others that aren't worth mentioning)? If Funcom was standing on its last leg with no other titles produced in the past few years then I might agree with the sentiment that they're doing the best they can.. but when I look at their other games and see that they've actually receive content updates while we've waited 6 years for just a new engine well.. I'm not feeling sorry for them for mismanaging the money we've all been paying them over the years.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 14th, 2013 at 21:25:58.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I wish they would mismanage some of that money my way. Still waiting on that email for bank and routing number info.

Not to flame anyone, but if you don't like the policy you can always go play wow... oh wait... you have to PAY for that... So stop blaming FC for whatever is doing. Everyone agree that:
    1. Sooooo slow in this engine: well few people + lot(very lot) of content to upgrade (upgrade is far expensive and long that create from scratch) = slowdowns.(well maybe not 6 years!!! but nvm)
    2. VAT on EU account... Well pretty useless in my opinion, every part of the world you can pay in $ and your CC or bank will make the conversion so VAT is really annoying(besides that everything you pay in Europe is more expensive). Maybe there is a reason for that... i'm not an economist so i don't know.
    3. Pay for win items sometime will take some fun out of the game, but well every game have some payforwin inside(i still think that adding the buff/keys whatever buyable just make the game too easy, same thing would be let buff yourself by reloggin every char you have this will make a SOLO game).
    4. Froob should access the beta, well.. In the closed beta sure not! In the close beta normally only "few" people should join, BUT this is a mmorpg so i agree with someone who said "put in on testlive" in my opinion a strategy like "merging server strategy" would be best. Anyway by doing that i'm sure everyone in AO would move in the beta leaving server almost empty. So if you think they are right, open beta will be for that.
    5. If you buy subscription in whatever game is, nobody care about "i payed years ago so i have rights" you have rights until you pay. That's it.
    6. For those who are playing on a 286 pc... Please upgrade, isn't really expensive using something that will support dx9, if i'm right new AO will use dx9, they are great but quite old so don't worry. You can't say i'm playing this game from 10 years on my gameboy now i want to continue to play that. If everything was going on like that now we would be stuck on gsm only phone, no 3g no wifi and so on. Evolution guys, evolution.

Now please just make up your mind. Stop flaming around, and wait our turn will arrive. Like someone said: "Even valve is talking about Half-Life 3" so we should have faith in AO.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast