Page 1 of 41 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Hi guys,

I have returned from my Australian travels, somewhat more relaxed and excited about 2014 to come. Next week I will be heading over to hang out with the team and get down all of our plans for the game over the coming twelve months. But for now, let's talk about what has been happening in development over the last month or so.

Firstly, the engine, we have now got hundreds of testers from the community playing and testing and providing us with invaluable feedback on the closed beta server. We're about to invite a new wave of testers to coincide with the upcoming patch - and begin the whole process again.
    Every wave of new testers bringing fresh eyes to the content gives us a new set of bugs or suggested design improvements.

The upcoming 18.7 patch (targeted for Tuesday next week on the closed beta server) has a fairly extensive list of system changes:

- Parry will be replaced by a new defensive stat called Deflect. Deflect will make incoming hits glance. Instead of dealing 100% damage, a glancing hit will only deal 50% of the damage. Glance chance will cap out at 15%. Deflection is NOT considered a melee special and will work on any incoming weapon attack.

- We will enable everyone to see friendly nano programs in their opponent's NCU. This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.

- All Signet of the apocalypse rings will no longer have a special action, because of this change, a few nano changes have been made:

• Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    • Doctors will get a DOT removal nano.
    • Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    • Adventurers have gotten all their mezz nano formulas revamped. The Rubi-Ka mezz will be a proper mezz when the adventurer is in the leet form. The AoE mezz will remain a tool to pull enemies with, and can only be used on monsters who are not attacking the adventurer. However, if other monsters in the vicinity of this monster are attacking you, they will get their aggro list wiped.
    • Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    • Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat.
    • Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    • All pet professions will get a nano to clear out hostile nanos from their pet's ncu.

- Items that used to be possible to equip with grid armor - prior to the introduction of the nano focus level bit - will be possible to equip with grid armor again.

- Grid armor will be opened up to the Shadowlands and will require Break& Entry instead of Mat. Crea.

And the obligatory nerf:
    - Grid armor will no longer provide nano resistance.

Alright guys, thanks for listening. Hopefully once we have had our planning meeting, Genele will have all sorts of juicy plans to share with you next month!

Joel Bylos

1st ^_=

BLUE "SMURFS" IN SHADOWLAND , LOOKING FOR MUSHROOMS...NICE ^_=
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Feb 28th, 2014 at 16:51:39. Reason: QUICKIE 1ST POST RESPONSE ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

/signed
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

WTF did I just read?

Everyone can use this new Deflect? Why? As if ranged dont have enough specials they can use. Melee still has crap. How does this new skill work? Do you put IP in to it and the more skill you have the higher %? If parry is being replaced by Deflect then all those weapons that require parry will now automatically require Deflect skill? Does everyone start out with this skill from level 1?

Is the root removal for enforcers in line with the balance changes since (I am guessing, it has been a while and I dont feel like looking it up and I could EASILY be wrong) I think Rage will no longer remove roots and such?

I like the introduction of allowing anyone to inspect anyone. I will enjoy eating the tears of the cry baby pvpers.

Are these new profession nanos self only? Or can they be cast on others? Do some of them only work against players in PvP or can they be used in PvM?

If shades can re-hide during combat does that mean they can perform a sneak attack in PvM? If so, is the recharge of this nano significant enough for multiple sneak attacks during PvM encounters?
    Last edited by MachSchau; Feb 28th, 2014 at 18:00:54.

Not quite sure about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - Parry will be replaced by a new defensive stat called Deflect. Deflect will make incoming hits glance. Instead of dealing 100% damage, a glancing hit will only deal 50% of the damage. Glance chance will cap out at 15%. Deflection is NOT considered a melee special and will work on any incoming weapon attack.
    Available to every profession I assume ?

- We will enable everyone to see friendly nano programs in their opponent's NCU. This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.
    Hopefully that wasn't brought about by a small minority of 1 faction that was complained about by a specific org of the other faction that certain FC employees are incredibly buddy-buddy with, and was instead brought about because exploiting is bull**** and should be expunged wherever possible.

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that
    we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    Awesome. Not like I have ever had /inspect closed on any char.

- All Signet of the apocalypse rings will no longer have a special action, because of this change, a few nano changes have been made:

• Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    • Doctors will get a DOT removal nano.
    • Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    • Adventurers have gotten all their mezz nano formulas revamped. The Rubi-Ka mezz will be a proper mezz when the adventurer is in the leet form. The AoE mezz will remain a tool to pull enemies with, and can only be used on monsters who are not attacking the adventurer. However, if other monsters in the vicinity of this monster are attacking you, they will get their aggro list wiped.
    • Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    • Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat.
    • Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    • All pet professions will get a nano to clear out hostile nanos from their pet's ncu.
    • Enforcers, Keepers and Shades - Enf's don't need the root removal. There's only the 1 NT root that doesn't get cleared by Rage.
    • Doctors - Docs might be inline with Hale & Hearty etc, but they don't really need more tools to clear DoTs.
    • Soldiers - OMHH would be now be useless for lowby Soljas that twink themselves nicely. Complete nerf. An additional nano should have been introduced for higher level players instead.
    • Adventurers - Finally Advy mezzes will be less than useless.
    • Enforcers - I would only bother implementing that IF you fix the broken macro system that allows you to press 1 button and execute 1hb/1he perklines when they're supposed to lock eachother out.
    • Shades - With the changes to the stare line, I can forsee massive issues here. Especially in duels. Shade is losing, oh let me just hide and go /afk for 3 hours till my opponent gives up and resigns from the duel.
    • Keepers - Get over here!
    • Pet professions - Not to bad an idea.

- Grid armor will be opened up to the Shadowlands and will require Break& Entry instead of Mat. Crea.
    Finally, less IP spend,

And the obligatory nerf:
    - Grid armor will no longer provide nano resistance.
    Anti-GA nukes getting removed now ?
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Feb 28th, 2014 at 17:57:01.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Some of this might be highly controversial, but I like it.
    I'm curious if and how these changes work (out).
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

In before fixer whine..

YOU HAVE ENOUGH LOVE WHINERS

Things have been the same for so long in this game, of course people are going to be resistant to major changes. I for one am looking forward to whats to come. This game needs some major changes.

First off... Thanks FC I have always known this day would come ^^
    Very very nice content! Keep it coming ^^

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    Thumps up! this made me lol for real, well phrased!

most of the things are good, but i have questions about a few things:

One of the more usefull apocalypse ring is the trader one that fills nanopool to 100%, i see nothing of this mentioned and it will not fair well with me if it's removed and not replaced by something similar.
    Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    This will suck a bit, mostly because at 1hp you can't run faster than a snails pace and you might want to do that, i'm mostly thinking pvm here and away from mobs, can you set it to like 1000 hp so we don't loose runspeed maybe?

Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    Yes, more stuns, like they need it.. *rolls eyes*

Other than that i'm looking forward to the rest
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

{edited by Anarrina: do not change the words of FC employees when quoting, thank you}
    I took the liberty to correct your more obvious "I was in a rush so I wrote some things wrong".
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2014 at 23:27:29.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Anti-GA nukes getting removed now ?
    Good question NR and MC AR is maybe one of the most broken mechanics ingame.

4-5k NR = 100 % land != logic

This is very nice. One question though, wont it screw evade profs and give people with MR even more power when you can see the other toons NCU and know when his stuff is up/down?
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    This is very nice. One question though, wont it screw evade profs and give people with MR even more power when you can see the other toons NCU and know when his stuff is up/down?
    Yes, it will.

You make it sound like they were using clicksaver. What about banning them?
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    You make it sound like they were using clicksaver. What about banning them?
    Yea its pretty hilarious, it pretty much says: We dont know how to fix it and we cant ban the people who use it because we need the revenue. So we decide to open it up to everyone and screw over evade profs while making MR even more OP'd.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Some interesting new stuffs, yay
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Right i forgot to mention on this, is the next step after this to add the ability to see other ppls hp and nano? I'm sure there are "third party" tools for this as well...
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 1 of 41 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast