Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think I qualify now my darling?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisolja View Post
    This is now an EVE thread

If you do bring DI to EVE, hit me up on Maxisabe or Clento Loso. I can fly Carrier and a bunch of ****, and know exactly how to make a ****load of isk on low sp characters (need isk to fuel pvp)
    Some DI even bought Eve when they readed this thread haha, but after 30 mins ingame they deleted game. Its a complex game and hard to get into, same as AO i suppose.
    We decided we will move into WildStar and the new Daoc if it pops in 2014, pretty much we will dominate AO till something new comes out.

ps. If someone doesnt agree or wants to flame me, please just atack us ingame.
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Pharexys Online!
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Swtor was a godawfull spinoff of a spinoff. Worst mmo i ever played.
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

OK
    ''if anyone here as an older account than this guy let them speak now or forever hold their peace!''
    In the subway goes the keepers

Quote Originally Posted by TerenteTheOutlaw View Post
    Swtor was a godawfull spinoff of a spinoff. Worst mmo i ever played.
    Your opinion has been noted, care to back up that claim of "worst MMO you have played" with reasons why? I am curious what makes the game so bad in some people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I am curious what makes the game so bad in some people's opinions.
    If you play SWTOR with the expectation of KOTOR3, and you just want to see the various character class storylines, then it is a fine game. Matter of fact, no MMO ever had better sound FX nor such awesome voice acted dialogue. But once you level a few toons through their stories to max level...uhm yeah...the game just sorta dies. Chasing gear is meh, raids are meh, PVP is meh, and the game feels more deserted than Scheol.

Buy it if you liked KOTOR and want another quick 3-4 week playthrough with a new toon. Do not buy it looking for an MMO you'll play for longer than a month.

I didn't even get to max level in SWTOR. I got to around Tatooine and just thought to myself "why am I paying monthly for this?" and canceled. Now that it's free it might be worth it, but at the same time they've put so many restrictions on free players that it probably still isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick187 View Post
    If you play SWTOR with the expectation of KOTOR3, and you just want to see the various character class storylines, then it is a fine game. Matter of fact, no MMO ever had better sound FX nor such awesome voice acted dialogue. But once you level a few toons through their stories to max level...uhm yeah...the game just sorta dies. Chasing gear is meh, raids are meh, PVP is meh, and the game feels more deserted than Scheol.

Buy it if you liked KOTOR and want another quick 3-4 week playthrough with a new toon. Do not buy it looking for an MMO you'll play for longer than a month.
    The gear grind is hardly an issue, you have legacy bound gear which means you can transfer end-game items between characters on an account. While leveling, the content you do rewards you with all you need to gear as you progress. The PVP is simple but it occurs frequently, the main drawback being the PVMers who suck at PVP...which is true for every MMO

Raids are interesting mechanics wise and DPS actually matters so I can't complain there, just wish there was less work for the tanks and more work for everyone else (tanks pretty much run the raids). As for frequency and amount of content at endgame, there is more than AO has currently and they are adding more every few months.

Population is fine as long as you consider a few thousand active on a single server at a time good. Global markets are quite active as well, which tends to indicate a healthy population.

If anything sucks it is traveling, load times, and excruciating amounts of zone transitions. Some could also say how simple it is...but I have still seen many people completely fail at the most basic rotations so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick187 View Post
    Matter of fact, no MMO ever had better sound FX nor such awesome voice acted dialogue.
    I have to take the Pepsi Challenge on that opinion. I mained a black Jedi Sage that had some Chaz Whitebread for a voice actor. At least my Bounty Hunter sounded like he had some bass in his case.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

There was nothing in Star Wars that I could do, that I couldn't go to World of Warcraft and get a better version of. Whether it was one small thing that killed it, or the whole overall experience just being relatively dull. Maybe some people find Star Wars thrilling, but it felt like a blander World of Warcraft with extra "features" like a tradeskill system which really only featured less clicks or the "space combat," which was really boring.

The voice acting and missions weren't really super interesting for me. I actually found myself wanting to just get on with it and all of the decision crap after some time. It was a lot more interesting and fun in Mass Effect. PvP was cool for about a week or two, but other than that it felt like playing a watered down World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 21st, 2013 at 10:37:17.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

I've not played WoW enough to make a valid comparison between the two, after 5 hours I uninstalled it. That said, compared to my experience of leveling and doing endgame content in AO it is vastly superior. Still, if I found an MMO which actually had good skill and build based PVP without having so much unnecessarily broken aspects like AO does, I would choose it any day.

The only thing SWTOR did better than WoW was voice acting during quests. The stories themselves were a little bit worse, if you bother to read the quest text in WoW they're actually not bad. Blizzard always have been top notch story tellers. And WoW even has decent voice acting during major cinematics/more recent quests, it's just not in every single one.

Main example of WoW quest text mechanics.

In Northrend, after defeating Prince Illidan not but 3 months previous. This is a hero of the land come to spread order again.
    I'm paraphrasing, of course. I'm never going back to that game.

Farmer: I need 10 eggs. Can you gather them for me?
    Me: What?
    Farmer: 10 eggs. That's what I said, dude.
    Me: You gotta be kidding me.
    Farmer: These chickens don't collect them for me, so I'm gunna hire you to do it.
    Me: I'm a hero of the land! I killed Prince Illidan with 24 other people, on HARD MODE multiple times!
    Farmer: Uhhh, Prince who?
    Me: Never mind. It would take too long to explain.

-30 seconds later we're still staring at each other-

Farmer: I still need them eggs mang. Hop to it.
    Me: For the love of.. Okay, I'll brb *sigh*
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

More like "We need these eggs to lure this predator so we can save our friend". You're not looking at quest text, you're looking at quest objectives. Which means you're another person that doesn't read the quest text.

Also, Illidan didn't have a "hard mode"...and Illidan wasn't a prince.

Im guessing he's referring to Lich King.

As wonderland pointed up above, swtor is nothing but a bad spinoff. And, as far as the sound goes, i never play MMOs with the sound on. But even if i did, who cares about that anyway? I'm there for the phatz and for the kills, not for some Morgan Freeman wannabe.
    Wow still has the best mechanics when it comes to boss encounters, you actually need competent people when dealing with up-to-date pvm content as oposed to DEPLOY MEATSHIELD->INIT DEBUFF->DPS->PROFIT. That's why tons of people suck ass in db3.
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Quote Originally Posted by TerenteTheOutlaw View Post
    Im guessing he's referring to Lich King.
    You'd think so, but then he wouldn't be questing in Northrend :/

C'mon man. I guess if you wish to think I didn't read quest text, then I could say that you're the sort of person that didn't read the part where I said I was paraphrasing. Besides, wasn't it doubly obvious with the use of language?

It was a long time ago, though. I really don't care to remember all the details.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The story can be appreciated a lot more if you've played any of the previous Warcraft games, even moreso if you've read the books. You could get some more if you read the quest text (Some of which is informative in regards to the lore), but you'd really only be scraping the surface in comparison to the books or previous games.

I do also appreciate the parts in the game where it doesn't take itself very seriously, though, as I think Towerblock was referring to. I've heard a few running jokes of "Hero of Azeroth still doing people's chores." You can also find a lot of easter eggs in that game.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 17:28:37.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    C'mon man. I guess if you wish to think I didn't read quest text, then I could say that you're the sort of person that didn't read the part where I said I was paraphrasing. Besides, wasn't it doubly obvious with the use of language?

It was a long time ago, though. I really don't care to remember all the details.
    Not every quest has to be some kind of epic adventure. If everything is epic, nothing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Not every quest has to be some kind of epic adventure. If everything is epic, nothing is.
    They just need to make the new quest even more epic, and then even epicly epic!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast