Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tower Grid item

Man, you're really bad at this game, apparently. I just went and looked. Of all the mobs near Divenchy, a whole 2 were aggressive. A rollerrat and an OT exterminator. The mobs that you need to target aren't aggressive. Most of the time the 2 you need to target are also snared right next to Divenchy anyways.

I have to go to work soon, but I'll run a level 1 out there after, just to show you how accurate your forum name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    I confess, you completely got me there. I know nothing about those quests.
    I dont even know they require visiting an NPC character with an italian sounding name, who is near a crashed spaceship completely alone without a single mob in sight.
    All of those non existing mobs are not even near the level 10 range and not a single one of them would ever aggro a low level toon on sight.
    Specially the ones that need to be targeted for a part of the quest I know nothing about.

Thank you for sharing your profound knowledge. Do you have any more "magnificent pearls of wisdom" you could use to enlighten the poor ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Man, you're really bad at this game, apparently. I just went and looked. Of all the mobs near Divenchy, a whole 2 were aggressive. A rollerrat and an OT exterminator. The mobs that you need to target aren't aggressive. Most of the time the 2 you need to target are also snared right next to Divenchy anyways.

I have to go to work soon, but I'll run a level 1 out there after, just to show you how accurate your forum name is.
    I have tried running a level 6 toon out to Divenchy in the past week or so. It is not possible to reach Divenchy alive for all the roller rats chasing the toon. The parts of the quest that require visiting Divenchy, plus making the skins of course, require a toon big enough so that all the mobs near Divenchy are grey and/or big enough to fight off roller rats while still making the time deadlines.

However, I don't see the relevance to the discussion of the new tower grid item ... unless you simply meant a way to make credits.

Regarding the New Grid item replacing the old player city whompas ...
    I am very much aware that Funcom has not said it is a replacement, but they have not said it isn't either. They told us they would come up with a replacement for the player city whompas ... and this is the first new item they have introduced. Why spend precious time on a new item if it isn't on your "to do list"?

Liwa

edit: At least the first new item related to transportation ... afaik
    Last edited by Liwa; Aug 30th, 2013 at 18:23:54.

Esssch will never admit he's wrong and theres no reasoning with the guy/girl. Liwa just proved that Gimpynoob was correct. But I'm sure you will twist this around and tell us how bad we are.

I better round this up before it looks like I'm stalking you Esssch. Last remark on your comments.

Just curious... What do you gain by trashtalking people, always have to have the last say.
    You do a wonderful job as a troll but wouldnt it be better if you actually said something meaningful?
    If you are so much better than the rest of us, know so much more. Can't you just enlighten us instead?
    Troxie

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    I have tried running a level 6 toon out to Divenchy in the past week or so. It is not possible to reach Divenchy alive for all the roller rats chasing the toon. The parts of the quest that require visiting Divenchy, plus making the skins of course, require a toon big enough so that all the mobs near Divenchy are grey and/or big enough to fight off roller rats while still making the time deadlines.

However, I don't see the relevance to the discussion of the new tower grid item ... unless you simply meant a way to make credits.
    It's about making the credits necessary, since that seems to be the major argument against the item.

As for it not being possible, from you, Gimpynoob, and Kriegh, well...you're wrong. The first /played is when I actually reached him, the 2nd is when I figured you'd want to see the toon's run speed. Level 1 engineer, no IP in anything. 5 mins from creation to Divenchy, no aggro whatsoever. It's not that hard to avoid things, and if you still can't manage it, I'm sure going into OOC and asking for help is still a perfectly viable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegh View Post
    Esssch will never admit he's wrong and theres no reasoning with the guy/girl. Liwa just proved that Gimpynoob was correct. But I'm sure you will twist this around and tell us how bad we are.

I better round this up before it looks like I'm stalking you Esssch. Last remark on your comments.

Just curious... What do you gain by trashtalking people, always have to have the last say.
    You do a wonderful job as a troll but wouldnt it be better if you actually said something meaningful?
    If you are so much better than the rest of us, know so much more. Can't you just enlighten us instead?
    It really does look like you're stalking me and just trying to act tough to someone you've never talked to. As for admitting I'm wrong, why would I do that when I'm right, as I just proved? And I further proved that I was trying to help, but as you see in this thread, when I try to help with a very simple tip on how to solve the problem, people immediately argue with me.

I must confess. I am kinda disappointed. I was expecting a complete video starting at the creation screen and ending with a glorious piece of basic armor in the inventory. All your image proves is that you can bring a level 1 toon near Divenchy. Not much of an achievement considering people have taken those to Inferno and Pande. Or you know how to use photoshop. Either way, congratulations. You win the internets.

PS-Interesting how you choose an image that shows nothing of the surrounding area. Any dead bodies you wanted to hide?

Haha no. It's funny how desperate you are for me to be wrong about how easy it is for new players to make creds.

Haha no. It's funny how desperate you are for me to be wrong about how easy it is for new players to make creds.
    New players don't know the game-mechanics or what they are doing. They just start running left.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

They also wouldn't need a tower grid item

Then again, with how many new players there actually are, both sides of this debate are almost purely theoretical.

Haha no. It's funny how desperate you are to be right at any cost. You have shown that you are neither smart nor honest with your posting on these forums.
    Had you replied to my original question that you were speaking figuratively and that you just meant it is relatively easy for everybody to make some credits from the beginning and you would have saved face and still made your point.
    But you had to be dishonest and rude, because in your insecure mind conceding even the tiniest point would have been a sign of unbearable weakness. You have shown to everybody on these forums how weak and limited your arguments really are. Congratulations.

PS-The giveaway, if you are wondering, is the timing.

One statement that can not be argued that is hurt is Omni's safely traveling back from ToTW with out using Death taxi or high lvl Grid Taxi in a timely manner at no cost to them self. For many years this was a short run west to the City Bar Whompa.

At the same time as this change came into effect...the guardless grid outside Tir gained guards. Yet another cut off for Omni's getting home from ToTW.

So now Omni's have no choice but to either get a Grid taxi from someone or run the near hour to Newland squeaking past lvl 40 mobs and Dyna camps.

There needs to remain a cost effective option that is not death taxi for new Omni players to get back from ToTW. This cost must be under 50k.

Trader when they reach lvl 40 can if twinked right get Team Grid. But until then even Traders are forced to do the long long walk to Newland.

These low lvl's have no vehicle, hardly any run buff's. They have just what ever their run speed skill is at.
    Been around for 9 years since 2004...FC is a little stalled on in game content corrections.

Quote Originally Posted by jandraelune View Post
    One statement that can not be argued that is hurt is Omni's safely traveling back from ToTW with out using Death taxi or high lvl Grid Taxi in a timely manner at no cost to them self. For many years this was a short run west to the City Bar Whompa.

At the same time as this change came into effect...the guardless grid outside Tir gained guards. Yet another cut off for Omni's getting home from ToTW.

So now Omni's have no choice but to either get a Grid taxi from someone or run the near hour to Newland squeaking past lvl 40 mobs and Dyna camps.

There needs to remain a cost effective option that is not death taxi for new Omni players to get back from ToTW. This cost must be under 50k.

Trader when they reach lvl 40 can if twinked right get Team Grid. But until then even Traders are forced to do the long long walk to Newland.

These low lvl's have no vehicle, hardly any run buff's. They have just what ever their run speed skill is at.
    Very good point. Paid toons have the option of training the teleport perk as a means of getting home, but this would mean sacrificing a perk that could be better used elsewhere.

We have the portals to get to the ToTW ... we need a way to return as well. Perhaps a NPC or the equivalent portal to return you to Newland Desert.

Liwa

Very good point. Paid toons have the option of training the teleport perk as a means of getting home, but this would mean sacrificing a perk that could be better used elsewhere.

We have the portals to get to the ToTW ... we need a way to return as well. Perhaps a NPC or the equivalent portal to return you to Newland Desert.

Liwa
    Side note, if you death taxi to reclaim your xp is saved and 1 daily mission is sure to recoup it at these levels. Or ding before u exit for reclaim of course is another alternative.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Side note, if you death taxi to reclaim your xp is saved and 1 daily mission is sure to recoup it at these levels. Or ding before u exit for reclaim of course is another alternative.
    Granted, the point was why should the only way back from somewhere be limited to killing yourself? Or spending credits and IP that a new player does not have for a yalm & VA?

It should be possible to re-use the temple "letter" on an equivalent portal near the ToTW to return to Newland Desert.

Liwa

sigh, ok, a low toon can get beacon warped to npc, plus any player that has a few chars can "clear a path" before the low toon moves though area, so even a video proves nothing. A brand NEW player trying this quest solo WILL DIE. A certain person fails to understand, we are talking about low lvl new players and froobs getting around faster so they make it to teams in time before they get kicked by impatient team leaders or to get to next mission or a city faster. NEW players and a lot of Froobs DON'T have access to GMI, so will have NO CLUE about basic fashion sets, or even what they used for..... So his point is completely USELESS and IGNORANT. Here do some math, a NEW player rolls a char lvls to 26, even with selling any junk they looted, can barely afford implants and nanos, let alone a yalm to get to totw. So you need to make 25m at that level just to get around rk a bit faster.. and the mobs drop what, 89 creds at 26? A new player will type /quit fast after trying that quest alone at low level thanks to that guy we lost more players from his moronic posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by FILO_Gunfytr View Post
    QL 300 Rocket Launcher.....12K VPs
    1 Rnd Rocket Launcher Ammo........12K credz
    IPs to equip Rocket launcher............1001

Catching an NT with a Rocket Launcher in his hands................PRICELESS
    220/30/70 solitus soldier Satisguard

At what level toon even really needs the Tower Grid Item?

Still, ToTW is in rather hard spot with one way travel. Not sure about SoM or CoH...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Granted, the point was why should the only way back from somewhere be limited to killing yourself? Or spending credits and IP that a new player does not have for a yalm & VA?

It should be possible to re-use the temple "letter" on an equivalent portal near the ToTW to return to Newland Desert.

Liwa
    I don't have a problem with that, however what about Steps? I could see clans having trouble getting to and from SoM. I think story wise part of the "adventure" is getting to and from those dungeons for sided toons.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I don't have a problem with that, however what about Steps? I could see clans having trouble getting to and from SoM. I think story wise part of the "adventure" is getting to and from those dungeons for sided toons.
    Isn't there a free warp to there from NLC? Back is the same issue...

Maybe some level specific recall item would be in order? Like under 100 level?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

TOTW and SoM should have a quest or a rare(ish) drop for an item similar to DB beacon. If not in playfield, warp to entrance. If there, warp back to civilization. Or heck, make it even only a way back, since getting there is easy

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    TOTW and SoM should have a quest or a rare(ish) drop for an item similar to DB beacon. If not in playfield, warp to entrance. If there, warp back to civilization. Or heck, make it even only a way back, since getting there is easy
    Excellent idea - would also be useful for the zone travel once you out level the playfield. Just like we use DB codes to get to PW.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast