Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tower Grid item

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    I will be using my beacon, personally. Froob players are stuck paying RL cash for a beacon I guess.

Liwa
    OR spend some time flying / running to another way of transportation, ie. normal whompas.

Player city whompas were FREE
    No, they definitely weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    No, they definitely weren't.
    Well ... they were Free to use and they had an upfront cost of way less than 5 million credits per player. The cost to the player city org was 1.5M per whompa? Per city, not per org member.

Liwa

1.5m per wompa, plus 40-50m upfront for the city, plus 10-120m per month to keep the city. This is considerably cheaper, just the responsibility for the creds has been shuffled a bit. CTs cost creds as well, and to keep the CT requires other towers which also cost creds, ignoring tradeskilled towers which will be much more expensive.

The majority of orgs will already have a city and eat the cost of the upkeep, with no impact to the random player outside of the org paying for cost to use the whompahs that org placed on their city plot. The same goes for organisations involved in Notum Wars and planting towers for the benefit of their members as an org, and on an individual basis with turrets or conductors: This is at zero cost to the explorer wandering across Rubi-Ka looking for a quick way back to civilization.

Claiming that these are the same and were never free to that person is the same as pretending that you would have no issue whatsoever with paying a nominal fee for every single website page you visit or video you watch online, instead of the hosting companies bearing that burden. You pay for your internet service just as you pay for your AO subscription, but imagine paying an additional fee for each company's website you visit and every single e-mail you send.

Stop being a twat and stick to the actual discussion at hand without trolling, if you can manage to do so. It does no good for the player base nor for Funcom developers to read such drivel when you in no way represent the concerns of the community as a whole. Nobody can speak to that and disregarding others' input for the sake of trying to come off as cool or funny to your friends is a waste of everyone's time.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Kestin_Doxa View Post

Stop being a twat and stick to the actual discussion at hand without trolling, if you can manage to do so. It does no good for the player base nor for Funcom developers to read such drivel when you in no way represent the concerns of the community as a whole. Nobody can speak to that and disregarding others' input for the sake of trying to come off as cool or funny to your friends is a waste of everyone's time.
    Well put. You could copy/paste this to all of Esssch's posts and it would be valid 99 times out of 100.
    Troxie

Quote Originally Posted by Kestin_Doxa View Post
    The majority of orgs will already have a city and eat the cost of the upkeep, with no impact to the random player outside of the org paying for cost to use the whompahs that org placed on their city plot. The same goes for organisations involved in Notum Wars and planting towers for the benefit of their members as an org, and on an individual basis with turrets or conductors: This is at zero cost to the explorer wandering across Rubi-Ka looking for a quick way back to civilization.

Claiming that these are the same and were never free to that person is the same as pretending that you would have no issue whatsoever with paying a nominal fee for every single website page you visit or video you watch online, instead of the hosting companies bearing that burden. You pay for your internet service just as you pay for your AO subscription, but imagine paying an additional fee for each company's website you visit and every single e-mail you send.

It costs nothing to roll a fixer or doc or NT and roll some nanos. It also costs nothing to simply run back to town. Convenience items cost money. Are you going to try arguing that yalms should be free too, because random low-level explorer got himself stuck in the wilderness? When I first started, I got stuck in the wilderness too. You know what I did? I manned up and walked back to town.

The email or website analogy is weak. This would be more akin to paying for internet and then having to pay for Google search to be in your URL bar. You could still get Google searches done by simply going to Google, but the convenience of having it in your URL bar would cost more money.

If you can't argue your point without trying to insult others, then you're right, someone's posts aren't needed, but they aren't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegh View Post
    Well put. You could copy/paste this to all of Esssch's posts and it would be valid 99 times out of 100.
    Someone's jimmies seem rustled.
    Last edited by Esssch; Aug 28th, 2013 at 13:54:27.

It costs nothing to roll a fixer or doc or NT and roll some nanos. It also costs nothing to simply run back to town. Convenience items cost money. Are you going to try arguing that yalms should be free too, because random low-level explorer got himself stuck in the wilderness? When I first started, I got stuck in the wilderness too. You know what I did? I manned up and walked back to town.
    I am afraid you are wrong again ... it costs a lot to roll a fixer and level them up, to roll missions to get equipment or nano's, etc. until they are big enough to cast the relevant nano's. Are you saying we all should only play professions that can grid? Or, that we all need a froob fixer with F-grid now?

Convenience items in general can and/or deserve to have a cost. However, whompas to return to a city have always been without any "use charge". We all had access to player whompas for many many years with no use charge.

The point of this discussion was that there should be no use charge on a replacement if indeed this new grid item is purported to be a replacement ... which Jill pointed out, we do not know yet, we can only guess. We do however have FC's statement that they do intend to come up with a replacement.

Liwa

I am afraid you are wrong again ... it costs a lot to roll a fixer and level them up, to roll missions to get equipment or nano's, etc. until they are big enough to cast the relevant nano's. Are you saying we all should only play professions that can grid? Or, that we all need a froob fixer with F-grid now?

Convenience items in general can and/or deserve to have a cost. However, whompas to return to a city have always been without any "use charge". We all had access to player whompas for many many years with no use charge.

The point of this discussion was that there should be no use charge on a replacement if indeed this new grid item is purported to be a replacement ... which Jill pointed out, we do not know yet, we can only guess. We do however have FC's statement that they do intend to come up with a replacement.

Liwa
    It costs a minuscule amount to roll missions. Other than that, it costs nothing to create or level up a toon. Unless you know something of the beginnings of the game that I don't, despite having played through it.

But no, I'm not saying you need to roll a profession like that. I'm saying you should quit your QQing over 5m +100k/use. If you find some players that can't afford that, they need to learn how to make credits. 5m is literally a couple hours work for a level 1, and it only takes less time as you level up.

Do you know what purported means? You purport that it's a replacement, based on something Jill said. Not once has a representative of FC said that this item is a replacement, you simply assume it is. But if this item is a replacement for player wompas, as you're basing your entire argument around, why not the tower grid items that are already in game?

We all (minus those with a grid/port nano or an engineer friend in-team) had to run to an official wompa or grid network for many many years before Alien Invasion was released. You can do the same now if you're too lazy to earn 5m.

How do you make 5 mil in a couple of hours with a level 1 toon?

I reallllyyy want to know, really.

Pretty please?

Really? Have you ever done it yourself? Or are you one of those people who thinks they can prove a point with theoretical possibilities?

With a level 1? Nope. That doesn't negate what I said, though. I have done the quests, many times. Even for a level 1, you can easily make 5m for this item plus another couple mil to use the item.

It's easier than ever to make money in AO. You guys always cite veterans with billions as a reason why new players can't afford things, but that's also the reason why new players can make money so easily, and luckily for all of us shop prices aren't affected by inflation (lucky for them for affording it, you so you don't have yet another thing to whine about, and the rest of us for not having to hear you whine about it).

If you want to create some theoretical level 1 that absolutely must have this item, but is too lazy to put forth any effort in either leveling or earning credits, then yes, the item costs too much. In literally any other case, the item is priced fine and you need to stop your QQ.

Concrete cushions and medsuits are retardedly easy cash to make off of lazy vets like myself. I've seen some stuff go for 5mil a set for **** that takes less than 8 clicks and or/10minutes to farm.

That being said, this is just a small cred sink for the lazy/impatient players that want to get where theyre going asap, nothing that shouldnt surprise anyone here. Some convenience items are expensive, such as the Recall Beacon for 50 Veteran points.... the ease of use comes with a cost of course.
    Last edited by Dysfunktion; Aug 29th, 2013 at 08:00:09. Reason: added second thought
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

With a level 1? Nope. That doesn't negate what I said, though. I have done the quests, many times. Even for a level 1, you can easily make 5m for this item plus another couple mil to use the item.

It's easier than ever to make money in AO. You guys always cite veterans with billions as a reason why new players can't afford things, but that's also the reason why new players can make money so easily, and luckily for all of us shop prices aren't affected by inflation (lucky for them for affording it, you so you don't have yet another thing to whine about, and the rest of us for not having to hear you whine about it).

If you want to create some theoretical level 1 that absolutely must have this item, but is too lazy to put forth any effort in either leveling or earning credits, then yes, the item costs too much. In literally any other case, the item is priced fine and you need to stop your QQ.
    For someone who did the quest many times you seem to have forgotten that there are timers and aggressive high level mobs (for a level 1 toon) on the path to some of the quest NPC's. Or in other words you are exaggerating. And that is probably why most people dont take you too seriously on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Concrete cushions and medsuits are retardedly easy cash to make off of lazy vets like myself. I've seen some stuff go for 5mil a set for **** that takes less than 8 clicks and or/10minutes to farm.

That being said, this is just a small cred sink for the lazy/impatient players that want to get where theyre going asap, nothing that shouldnt surprise anyone here. Some convenience items are expensive, such as the Recall Beacon for 50 Veteran points.... the ease of use comes with a cost of course.
    For every Concrete cushion or med suit sold for millions I have seen countless messages spammed in OOC. While it is possible to make a few millions out of lazy vets easily it is more likely for a new player to level past the usefulness of those few millions without any vet bothering to buy another pair of cushions or q l7 intel pistols or morphing memory. In any case new players should not be dependent on the goodwill of others to be able to play the game.

As for the object of discussion, you are right, this is an insignificant credit sink for veterans. But not so much for people leveling their first toon. It is just another, of so many reasons, for a new player to not want to play this game. While being useless as a credit sink for people who spam shopping channels with "WTB full set of ql 300 CSS, pst".

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    For someone who did the quest many times you seem to have forgotten that there are timers and aggressive high level mobs (for a level 1 toon) on the path to some of the quest NPC's. Or in other words you are exaggerating. And that is probably why most people dont take you too seriously on these forums.
    The timers and aggressive mobs were taken into account with my "few hours" estimate, otherwise it would have been "less than an hour". And as I also said, it just keeps taking less and less time as they level up. When I put up the post about that originally, I checked GMI. Pants were 12m+, that would easily cover this item, plus some.

The price is fine, QQ more, your poverty-ridden tears are delicious.

No, the timers and aggressive mobs were not taken into account. Because they dont turn a quest that takes "less then an hour" into a quest that takes a "few hours". Deeply red mobs that can outrun a toon and timers that are shorter then the time it takes for a toon to run the distance necessary to complete the quest increase the time needed to do the quest "significantly" more then what you imply.

But please continue with the "ad hominem" attacks, they complement so well your other "powerful" arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    No, the timers and aggressive mobs were not taken into account. Because they dont turn a quest that takes "less then an hour" into a quest that takes a "few hours". Deeply red mobs that can outrun a toon and timers that are shorter then the time it takes for a toon to run the distance necessary to complete the quest increase the time needed to do the quest "significantly" more then what you imply.

But please continue with the "ad hominem" attacks, they complement so well your other "powerful" arguments.
    You've obviously never done these quests. Not all of them require visiting Gilbert or Penelope. Your point is kinda ruined by your complete lack of experience, sadly :/

I confess, you completely got me there. I know nothing about those quests.
    I dont even know they require visiting an NPC character with an italian sounding name, who is near a crashed spaceship completely alone without a single mob in sight.
    All of those non existing mobs are not even near the level 10 range and not a single one of them would ever aggro a low level toon on sight.
    Specially the ones that need to be targeted for a part of the quest I know nothing about.

Thank you for sharing your profound knowledge. Do you have any more "magnificent pearls of wisdom" you could use to enlighten the poor ignorant?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast