Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Tower Grid item

Yes, we should have a way back from SoM as well as ToTW. There is already a short-cut added for getting to Smuggler's Den .. I don't recall if it includes a return route ... it and CoH are a higher level dungeons anyway. Foreman's has a whompa nearby and a beacon you can obtain with the quest ...

The point of many of these posts is very similar ... for new players and smaller toons there should be a way back from these lower level dungeons when toons are of a size that yalms are too expensive.

Re-use the ToTW letter on an item to return to Rome or Newland Desert ...

Click on the Eye outside SoM to return to Newland City ...

Or, make the jetpack free and available all the time or available as a questable item that small toons (lower than 25) can successfully complete.

Or something similar.

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by Satisguard View Post
    sigh, ok, a low toon can get beacon warped to npc, plus any player that has a few chars can "clear a path" before the low toon moves though area, so even a video proves nothing. A brand NEW player trying this quest solo WILL DIE. A certain person fails to understand, we are talking about low lvl new players and froobs getting around faster so they make it to teams in time before they get kicked by impatient team leaders or to get to next mission or a city faster. NEW players and a lot of Froobs DON'T have access to GMI, so will have NO CLUE about basic fashion sets, or even what they used for..... So his point is completely USELESS and IGNORANT. Here do some math, a NEW player rolls a char lvls to 26, even with selling any junk they looted, can barely afford implants and nanos, let alone a yalm to get to totw. So you need to make 25m at that level just to get around rk a bit faster.. and the mobs drop what, 89 creds at 26? A new player will type /quit fast after trying that quest alone at low level thanks to that guy we lost more players from his moronic posts.
    Wherever you're finding these mythical new players, I bet they could make a large amount of creds selling you paragraphs. I mean, I could just let you follow me from creation to Divenchy, but I've already proven everyone else wrong about that, and spent more time than I should have doing it, so you'll simply have to man up and attempt it yourself if it's that important to you.

But, for your sake, we'll go through some of your other attempted arguments. A brand new player won't be able to do the quest because a brand new player won't know about it. Even if they knew about the quest, they don't really need creds until later in the game anyways. Tower Grid item isn't for brand new players as it is, and the lowest Yalmaha requires 81 VA, which you won't get until 50ish without putting IP into it.

Froobs do actually have access to GMI, they just can't buy/sell on it. They also still have access to the shopping channels and both Neutnet and Dnet. Someone's ignorant, but it's not the person you're attempting to reference.

As for ToTW, you can port there. And somehow we managed to get around the world without a yalm or 25m for years. I didn't even have 25m until I had played for over 2 years.

@Liwa: There's a return from Smuggler's Den. Run to Smuggler's area, there's a door in one of the offices that has a lift behind it, takes you to another door, which takes you to Bore. For jetpack, it still has 81 VA requirement, if you're talking about the Ganimedes one. So lower than 25 will still have trouble using it.

How about something easy to code ... once the time comes to remove the old player cities from a particular playfield and/or the patch that updates the whompas and their locations.

Create a Transport Terminal (similar to the one that exits a toon from the current I-cities) somewhere in the space the old player cities occupied that is a one-way grid dump. In other words it can only be used to enter the grid, not as a grid exit to the playfield. Or, if that is complicated to code, have it exit us to ICC just like the current I-city version.

If necessary to "game-play" and/or Funcom's "plan" for us ... use of this new grid-dump and/or Transport Terminal could require either the current personal grid items that are consumed when used or the new 5M credit grid item that currently only works on friendly towers.

My preference is that the use of this new Tranport Terminal is free ...
    However, I would be happy if one was added to each former cluster of old player cities.

Liwa

edit: The transport terminal in the I-cities is called "ICC Shuttle Transportation" ... so if this "item" is used out at the locations of the old player cities it would likely take us back to ICC.
    Last edited by Liwa; Jan 16th, 2014 at 19:04:09.

I dont really see the big deal about travel time. Personally I like to either ding a level and just terminate back to civilization on lowbie toons. Or worse case let something kill ya so you can bank the xp, 1 daily mission will recoup it anyway.

But beside that a little travel time never hurt anyone, hell I remember when there was no whompa or grid to TLR, you literally had to run the entire way there and back to Newland or Yalm (back when they were rare and only found in mission boxes).

That's all beside the point, players want it all gift wrapped easy mode now a days. Part of the game used to be about exploration, how else you going to explore unless you have to huff it every now and then?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I don't agree.

I played since a bit before the SL... I never had a problem with running to totw and back. Didn't have with foremans either. As for SoM... I never saw a team in there. Everyone went with a high level toon to farm the stuff and then /terminate. Smugglers only needed it.

Next thing is to ask for CoH as well, because people are bored to run for 5 mins. This game needs a lot of things but teleporting almost everywhere is NOT one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    edit: The transport terminal in the I-cities is called "ICC Shuttle Transportation" ... so if this "item" is used out at the locations of the old player cities it would likely take us back to ICC.
    Old city plots are getting removed. As for the rest I agree with psikie.

AO is getting a lot of changes the last years after the pande instance. And becomes more and more cookie cutter. If I wanted instances/teleport NPCs to everywhere I'd just play WoW. Do not suggest ways to destroy it more please. Next thing will be to reroll rewards or loot.
    Last edited by Azazelkeep; Jan 18th, 2014 at 12:57:16.
    Sometimes I want to scream
    So long that life escapes.
    Then I'd shut my eyes.
    I'd be the angel of disgrace

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion ...

Ever since Alien Invasion expansion and Player Cities we all have been able to easily return to civilization free of charge using the whompa's in the Player Cities.

I was only trying to suggest a way to replace that convenience now that the Player Cities are gone.

If everyone wants to go backwards to the long travel times we all had to endure before AI came out that is fine.

I will just use my veteran beacons ... I was trying to give consideration to new players.

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    I was trying to give consideration to new players.
    Where do you guys keep finding these new players?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Why do you guys keep trying to insist there are no new players? We have A few new players in org that are brand spanker, less than a week old. Ive met a few more not in our org over the last few weeks.

People just like to use scaremongery to drive home fruitless points.

There is no bigger ignorance to shunning something you know nothing about.

I can usually find about 1-2 new players a week, not astounding numbers but there is a small trickle.

Don't get wrong I totally understand where Liwa is comming from, and yes it would be a lot easier on not just new players but vets also. I only play neutrals so being able to avoid the Gaurds outside Tir easier would be fantastic.

But there in lies the problem, part of the storyline of AO would be avoided by the easy mode travel options suggested. I learned a lot about LOS, weapon range, run speed, evades, and aggro from getting blasted by Tir gaurds. Lose a level worth of xp enough times you find ways NOT to visit reclaim. If it means you stay in totw until u ding and then terminate to town so be it.

I for one think those little "inconvienant" lessons are necessary evils to avoid having a worse case scenerio of...HIGH LEVEL NOOBS that don't know doctors have more ways to heal other than just complete heal, and that Enfo's should use single taunt and not mongo when you have a calmer is trying to control adds.

Necessity (sp?) is the mother of invention, and needing to find unconventional ways to solve problems is how players discover their toolsets and various uses.

I would not suggest instant transport for players to everywhere anytime, keep a storyline perspective also, ToTW, CoH, these are "secret society" locations that are full of fantatical cultists. Storywise those locations were probably chosen because they are remote and hard to get to...or escape from. Similar to cyborg barracks imo.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Maybe you've heard of AO going on steam? Mostly a theoretical argument at this point. I have some doubts on the future of this game, but that is an if/than/else argument. If AO continues, then steam, else (boom)end.

btw, troll harder.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Maybe you've heard of AO going on steam?
    Sure. I've also heard of rebalancing and new engine and new content, but I haven't seen any of that yet either.

Hi, two things about Advanced Personal Grid Converter just for future fixes (and NPE maybe)

- cash required could be level dependent
    typical example in this thread (fellow newbie who want to return from the ToTW) need to kill and loot 100 cultist and spend all this money to use Advanced Personal Grid Converter

- Its free, If CT belong to your org, but you need to have 100k, or you can't use it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234