Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tower Grid item

New Tower Grid item

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    A new Advanced Personal Grid converter has been made. It can be used on any friendly control tower to enter The Grid. If the tower's organization is not your own, you will pay a fee of 100 000 credits directly in to that organization's bank.
    This item will not be possible to buy before it has been properly tested.
    Sounds like a nice replacement for the missing city whompahs with a bit of added incentive for people to engage in notum wars to maintain transportation options in a zone. It'll also make certain sites a really nice passive income source.

Very cool. Good one Genele and team.

Quick question- Didn't see these in the tower shop. This isn't an item shop item right? Or did the comment at the end mean you aren't putting it in the shops on test live yet and are manually giving them out for testing?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 21st, 2013 at 01:21:26.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Excellent news!

Providing it doesn't take irl creds, victory points would be nice, creds if you're feeling froob friendly
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Funcom employee

We are making another testlive patch.
    This item will be found in the "Computers" vending machine when this patch goes to testlive. It will not be "eaten" when you use it, but it will be as expensive to buy as a Yalmaha. (in game credits yes)
    Last edited by Genele; Aug 21st, 2013 at 16:35:31.

Great news!! WTB more patches like this which makes some purpose for some action! Now there really is a need to get your own tower place in a specific area to earn/save ur creds and activates the whole NW system Made me really happy to read these news, keep it coming keep it coming!

Congrats, you managed to rerelease a item with a few modifications to it's uses..

sounds like a good thing, qwik fix for the loss of city woompas.
    will be nice for my froobie toons.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

ETA on vet shop implementation? ETA on super upgraded grid converter in item shop eta?

This item will be found in the "Computers" vending machine when this patch goes to testlive. It will not be "eaten" when you use it, but it will be as expensive to buy as a Yalmaha. (in game credits yes)
    Sooo, any chance of these dropping from team mission bosses? Or, also available in the Veteran shop, costing more than 1 vet-point I assume?

If you could clarify "friendly" ... does that mean same side only? Neut=Neut, Omni=Omni, Clan=Clan? Or, are Neutrals & Neutral CT's friendly with all? IE not = clan, not = Omni, All = neut?

I assume the CT needs to be at 75% gas? I suppose that depends on the answer to who is "friendly" ...

Good Idea edit: Not

Liwa

Edit: Oops ... except the 100,000 fee per use is way way too high for an item that costs 5,000,000+ upfront. The player city whomaps were FREE to use and no upfront cost.

With a usage fee this high, this sounds like another credit sink and way to force PvP on to the rest of us that just want to get back from our missions.
    Last edited by Liwa; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 17:32:42. Reason: edit: 100,000 per use is too high

It can be used on any friendly control tower to enter The Grid.
    re: previous poster. Also Forgive my stupidity - what does this mean? whats a "friendly" tower - the same side as you, or something involving tower attacking rules?

its far better to ask a "dumb" question , than to remain dumb.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 21:22:58. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    S
    Edit: Oops ... except the 100,000 fee per use is way way too high for an item that costs 5,000,000+ upfront.
    The price should be progressive (increase with playerlevel).
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Convenience should cost.. Compare it to taking the bus, you can walk, or you can go the easy route and pay a bit to save some time!

except the 100,000 fee per use is way way too high for an item that costs 5,000,000+ upfront. The player city whomaps were FREE to use and no upfront cost.

With a usage fee this high, this sounds like another credit sink and way to force PvP on to the rest of us that just want to get back from our missions.
    Sounds too cheap to me. I like the added dynamic of the orgs profiting from convenient locations.

As long as there is no way (within AO client) to see who owns what tower field, this item is quite useless
    I do not wont to launch any 3 rd party software to check who own which tower field, and runing to a tower field to grid and then noticing that it is not "friendly" is a waste of time.

I'd rather use RK beacon and forget about new items.

Nice try Fail Com but maybe you should first CLEAN UP EMPTY CITY SLOTS and remove stupid ingame messages whenever player enters the city spot areas!
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Fhinn View Post
    re: previous poster. Also Forgive my stupidity - what does this mean? whats a "friendly" tower - the same side as you, or something involving tower attacking rules?
    It means the same faction as you.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    I like the added dynamic of the orgs profiting from convenient locations.
    This might add a reason to target certain sites : O. Nice
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

We have personal grid converters that can be bought in tower shop in bor/oa/rg, and they are cheaper compared to the usage of this advanced device.

Whats the difference between them, i dun really understand.

I can use personal grid converter on CT even if site is 25% or 5%.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Personal Grid Convertors only work on your organizations CT, whereas the new ones will work on any CT of your faction.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Why would you guys spend time on this when we have other multiple ways to solve this already ingame, maybe some need 1-2 adjusments. And we could focus on improving what this game really needs?

{removed off topic comments}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 23rd, 2013 at 18:02:18.
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Convenience should cost.. Compare it to taking the bus, you can walk, or you can go the easy route and pay a bit to save some time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Sounds too cheap to me. I like the added dynamic of the orgs profiting from convenient locations.
    Well, let me see .......

If this new item is supposed to be a replacement for the Player city Whompas then it is WAY over-priced. Player city whompas were FREE and didn't care if you were friendly and did not cost 5M upfront.

If this is a new way to get orgs to be involved in NW:Pvp so that they can have a free transport tower in convenient play fields ... Then be honest and call it what it is:

a Notum Wars feature, not a replacement for the old Player City Whompas.

I will be using my beacon, personally. Froob players are stuck paying RL cash for a beacon I guess.

Liwa

Then be honest and call it what it is:

a Notum Wars feature, not a replacement for the old Player City Whompas.

Liwa

I didn't see Genele call it a replacement for the old city whompahs... unless she posted that elsewhere on the forums. "I" said I thought it was a cool replacement but I'm just a player not a funcom employee so that holds as much or little weight as everything else all players say on the forums.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast