Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /pet follow more broken than usual?

/pet follow more broken than usual?

Can someone take a look at the failure of the /pet follow command to consistently work on Crat pets. I don't play my Engie and MP enough lately to know if its a problem with those pets as well.

Issues I'm seeing:

- I spam /pet follow, mezz Mob1 then attack Mob2. Mob2 dies and pets go straight for Mob1. This is actually something I've noticed for many years.

- I spam /pet follow, mezz Mob1-3, attack Mob 4 and 5 and no problems (meaning, I did attack commands and pets didn't attack their own targets after I was done). Then I mezz Mob 6 and all of a sudden the pets decide to go attack it. I have no idea why.. its so random. I tried reproducing it today and it 'just happens'.

As mentioned I've always noticed problem with the /pet follow but it seems to occur a lot more often now. Not sure if its relevant but this is happening in Pande (not really been doing any other content that would allow me to notice it lately).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Can someone take a look at the failure of the /pet follow command to consistently work on Crat pets. I don't play my Engie and MP enough lately to know if its a problem with those pets as well.

Issues I'm seeing:

- I spam /pet follow, mezz Mob1 then attack Mob2. Mob2 dies and pets go straight for Mob1. This is actually something I've noticed for many years.

- I spam /pet follow, mezz Mob1-3, attack Mob 4 and 5 and no problems (meaning, I did attack commands and pets didn't attack their own targets after I was done). Then I mezz Mob 6 and all of a sudden the pets decide to go attack it. I have no idea why.. its so random. I tried reproducing it today and it 'just happens'.

As mentioned I've always noticed problem with the /pet follow but it seems to occur a lot more often now. Not sure if its relevant but this is happening in Pande (not really been doing any other content that would allow me to notice it lately).
    I've only ever had that problem with my crat. not my mp's or engie.
    the only way I found to cut down on it is making sure the mob you mezz isn't still holding aggro which happens sometimes. if they hold their weapon in attack mode they still have agg if it's at their side your good to go. as always ymmv
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    I've only ever had that problem with my crat. not my mp's or engie.
    the only way I found to cut down on it is making sure the mob you mezz isn't still holding aggro which happens sometimes. if they hold their weapon in attack mode they still have agg if it's at their side your good to go. as always ymmv
    What do you mean by making sure the mob you mezz isn't still holding aggro? If you mean make sure its not 'active' (as in it doesn't have a fighting target) then I always do that. I keep target's fighting target on so I notice if there's an issue. If you mean something else, please explain because I'm not sure I understand.. is it only a visual thing?

Thanks
    You can find me at:

He means if they're mezzed but still look like they're in the attack animation stance, break the mezz and try again until they go to normal idle animation stance when mezzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    He means if they're mezzed but still look like they're in the attack animation stance, break the mezz and try again until they go to normal idle animation stance when mezzed.
    So its only a visual thing then? I guess what I'm asking is..

If they're in attack animation doesn't that mean they have a fighting target? Or is it ONLY visual?
    You can find me at:

yes they have a target. when their in the attack animation it's more like their stunned instead of mezzed.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    yes they have a target. when their in the attack animation it's more like their stunned instead of mezzed.
    Ok, that's what I thought. I always make sure that the mob is fully mezzed and still have the problems described in the original post. So, in my case, this isn't the special x factor causing the problem. Thanks for taking the time to clarify and help though.
    You can find me at:

I find this happens when there's multiple mobs with the same name.

I mezz hoathlan 1, 2 and 3. Attack 4. 4 dies, my pets move onto next.

when you rush i horde of moobs and you start attack nr1 whit pets,shoot,perks what ever(even on follow setup before you rush)and you start calm @ nr2 etc,if in meanwile moob 4 attack your pets and you calm after ..by the time you kill nr1 moob your pets go start attack nr4 moob cuz the moob agro them...so you need to set follow after you finish calms..
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

I noticed this more often too recently. Although I get the feeling after a timed period pets go back onto /guard.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    I noticed this more often too recently. Although I get the feeling after a timed period pets go back onto /guard.

Var
    Only if you zone and you dont set your pets on follow..sick

Sorry if you misunderstood but thats not what I meant. For me it feels as though the pets revert back to /guard after a period of time on /follow.

I click /follow calm a few mobs all seems to be happy. then after a period of time they start back on guard.
    Last edited by Variable; Aug 21st, 2013 at 12:47:06.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Have you tried pet behind instead of pet follow (or a combination of both)? I seem to remember this helped carlita, no idea if it will help carlo remember who's boss

pet behind bugs me to much...they move to much after i stop...just my point of view

In reply to the above poster, im not suggesting leaving them on behind, just using it before follow.

appologies for not making the suggestion clearer. YMMV

I'm using the following macro after each time I zone.

/macro Follow /pet wait \n /pet follow

This solved it for me on most cases but not all.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post

Var
    I've notice this happen before, but only on charmed pets.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

the mezz and yet still attacking , is observed with the trader calms also

this happens to me all the time, to the point where I only bother calming a mob if there are other mobs around (on which my pets can focus).

It mainly seems to be the charmed pet that wakes up calms though, so in emergency situations I calm, break charm, calm...

This has been increasing over the last year. Set follow or behind, attack Mob 2, calm mob 3 and instead of the pets returning they attack mob3. Which really can be annoying if its a boss and you had to boss calm it.

Set pets to guard in a mission, zone a level and they follow...

There are so many little quirks with Crats pets these days Ive gotten used to them and found my own ways to manage them... not that we should have to.. but, it is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast