Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    What is the projected shutdown date for Anarchy Online?
    Hopefully not anytime soon.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Unhappy

Well... tbh i'm not really happy of all this buy stuff.
    AO is a great game cause most stuff you have to do my team, solo playing is just a little(even if there are more quest than i started this game). But with buy stuff, game is losing prof playing.
    Don't misunderstand my words. I know that is annoying by going to everyone asking buffs, NS,TT,SFA,FG,ES,Behe,PS..... but that is what this game is different from others. Cooperation.

Second thing, i want to remember that this game is great for the way you have to think to get better stuff on yourself. I remember when alappaa/pande/biodome was very hard, and you had to have a great team to win. Now apart alappaa that is better in this way, the only big challenge is db3 and collector.
    Now everything is getting easier, isn't a good thing.
    In my opinion, making stuff easier will end in a boring game. With the NPE i hope they change this thing by explaining stuff instead lowering mob lvl and making all stuff yesdrop.

Last thing is that with latest expansions the game is leading in "PVPOnly". I hope we will get new expansion like shadowlands, maybe new world that can be reached after beast, i don't know.
    Years ago when the "new engine" was WIP they said that lot a new playfields were coming out ready for new engine. So I HOPE that this new engine will add lot of stuff too instead just a better(needed) graphic.

Well that's my 2c. I hope someone will agree with me. And if you love the game i'm sure you will do.

P.S. I made myself explaing how the game is working when i met a new guy in the subway last month, well... he was fashinated: implants, armor, items, buffs... and so on. Well apart he started with a trader(i don't think is really best start prof) but somehow he bought the game and keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    So, if you've left, why are you throwing rocks at a game which you no longer even play? Please take no offense, but tbh, we got enough trolls in the forums as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    That was a cheap shot. I think that with all of the good things that Jill has contributed to this game over the years, she-- of all people-- is entitled to voice her opinion.
    ------

Don't bother arguing about the game guys, not worth it anymore. Go play a different game for the next year, drag all your AO friends with you and wait for the engine to get here then give it another chance. Til then, pretty much everything else is a waste of good gaming time.
    I was one of the most public, strongest supporters of Funcom for over a decade, played since beta 2000. I've earned my right to my own opinion regarding the game, if you don't like what I said, close your eyes.
    Your attitude towards me in the thread I quoted above always kinda bothered me. I do have to admit that I found personal amusement in the fact that now you're pretty much in the same position. Crazy.. even funcom's biggest fan has finally thrown in the towel. Guess you understand where some of us were ages ago.. everyone has their own personal limit. Good luck in whatever game you're playing atm
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:05:41.

Didn't read all comments, but the first few pages didn't mention how horrid the justification for removing even more unique aspects of professions is, which basically goes like this:

"Since we already took away portable GMI from traders (bank for crats) it's only fair we completely take away trader toolset, therefor you can now p2w access to trader shop! Yay money, less uniques to characters and even less need of communication in a MMO which barely has any! \o/"

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I wake up crying when I think of how the state (being the core values) of AO has deteriorated over the years. After some sobbing i realize I dont even play it and go to sleep. However, for some reason I keep checking in only to cry a little more, i guess. /cry off
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Funny to see people QQ about pay to win when people paying to win is part of what keeps this game functioning for everyone, including the QQ people, to play it and maintain it's continued development. If buying something keeps the game open another month, you should be kissing those people's rear ends.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 7th, 2013 at 00:08:40.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    why so many QQ's ?
    Simply ... This

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    That slippery slope, it keeps on slipping.

So, Genele..Question for you What do you do everyweek Monday thru - Friday? You post one thing every month. You never respond to no-one, maybe once, when theres a fullmoon outside on the 6th of july, Michizure seems like a better Game Director than you. But Im not here to point fingers and whatnot, but seriously, I think we all would like to know what you do from monday through friday, because this is amazing, it has taken you this long to do anything, besides add LOLOLOLOL items. If you guys are thinking about closing AO down, atleast just tell us, and quit making yourself look more foolish than you already have. But I know you wont respond, and Im sure Catlady will delete this post before anyone sees it, so have a good one ^_^
    Last edited by Poko; Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    So, Genele..Question for you What do you do everyweek Monday thru - Friday? You post one thing every month. You never respond to no-one, maybe once, when theres a fullmoon outside on the 6th of july, Michizure seems like a better Game Director than you. But Im not here to point fingers and whatnot, but seriously, I think we all would like to know what you, and your (team) does from monday through friday, because this is amazing, it has taken you this long to do anything, besides add LOLOLOLOL items. If you guys are thinking about closing AO down, atleast just tell us, and quit making yourself look more foolish than you already have. But I know you wont respond, and Im sure Catlady will delete this post before anyone sees it, so have a good one ^_^
    wonder what would be the answer to that ^

So, Genele..Question for you What do you do everyweek Monday thru - Friday? You post one thing every month. You never respond to no-one, maybe once, when theres a fullmoon outside on the 6th of july, Michizure seems like a better Game Director than you. But Im not here to point fingers and whatnot, but seriously, I think we all would like to know what you do from monday through friday, because this is amazing, it has taken you this long to do anything, besides add LOLOLOLOL items. If you guys are thinking about closing AO down, atleast just tell us, and quit making yourself look more foolish than you already have. But I know you wont respond, and Im sure Catlady will delete this post before anyone sees it, so have a good one ^_^
    This.

Also, I see there's ALOT of people still asking for the engine. I will clarify this for you.
    Funcom has been trolling the AO community for ages. More precise since 2006.
    GET OVER IT
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Funcom employee

I really hate this kind of post. What do you THINK we're doing? If we spent all day replying to every single post in the forum, how much actual work do you think would get done?
    Personally, I would rather see things get finished than troll the forums all day.

There are hundreds of things that need to get done weekly, and in addition to not being in our job description, forum posts are at the very bottom of that list. We try to read most of it (because we are genuinely interested in the game), but in most cases you're not going to get a reply.

And yes, things happen slower than 10 years ago because of our limited resources, but most things do actually happen eventually. I'm willing to bet you that most people would still prefer to have some progress on things instead of turning us into dedicated community managers.

Funcom employee

So, Genele..Question for you What do you do everyweek Monday thru - Friday?
    /sarcasm on

Monday: I only drink coffee.
    Tuesday: I watch Youtube.
    Wednesday: I look at Macrosun all day (hes so handsome).
    Thursday: I write a sentence for the next newsletter.
    Friday: I just go home.

Bet that explains it all!

/sarcasm off

Drinking coffee @ mondays - legit. - if thats all 4 mondays - not legit.
    Watching youtube @ tuesday - get a life, other tubes may fit better :-)
    Watching other guys @ wednesday - i bet broke back mountain is your favourite film, no?
    Thursday event - trolling community, but sure, they believe u :-)
    Friday's event - wanking till it hurts, @ home

Now, what u wanna tell us? U get money even if you do your work bad? You're tired of telling lies?

Well, all pretty nice to know. Account canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungpo View Post
    Watching other guys @ wednesday - i bet broke back mountain is your favourite film, no?

Now, what u wanna tell us? U get money even if you do your work bad? You're tired of telling lies?

Not enough /facepalm in the world...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

/facepalm doesnt change reality. Nice try. Dont confusepl with facts, just facepalm ftw :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kungpo View Post

I believe you have missed the intent, and the sarcasm tags, on Genele's post. I suggest you try reading it again. Regardless, please moderate your tone when speaking to her, as we do attempt to have this forum civil. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

When I envision devs working I imagine them with a soldering kit and sparks flying as they fiddle with hardware.

Lazy is expensive! Being lazy will almost always costs you. Shortcuts are not cheap! That said, the prices in the item store are outrageous in my opinion. There is no way I am paying for any of the actually useful stuff at the current prices. Rarely do I find myself even checking the store, because seldom is anything ever presented at a reasonable value point.

I do not however care at all if others want to buy buffing cans, xp, bank / grid / whatever items. I just do not see how it effects me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    Lazy is expensive!
    Actually I'm pretty cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Actually I'm pretty cheap
    We know.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast