Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st July, 2013

21th, and ty for the update Genele!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Does that free for all trader shop give boost to others too when selling junk?
    I think modifiers for shops were 75%(clan/neut/some vendors) 100%(most omni-terminals) and 125%(trader shop).

On top of this the CL does effect the price so traders do still have some edge...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Just to clarify: 18.7 will be a large patch containing NPE, Engine Beta, the mentioned phasefront update neutral vendor changes, some Itemshop goodies, removal of some of the outdoor cities ++.

We are still not close enough production wise to give you an ETA on it. You know you will just be disappointed if we don't deliver within the promised time.
    We are however planning to get it patched to one of our QA servers for proper testing very soon. This patch is so large that it will have to be tested internally for some time before patching Testlive. How long depends on how many issues QA will find.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    You know you will just be disappointed if we don't deliver within the promised time.
    I'm disappointed no matter what.

Just to clarify: 18.7 will be a large patch containing NPE, Engine Beta, the mentioned phasefront update neutral vendor changes, some Itemshop goodies, removal of some of the outdoor cities ++.

We are still not close enough production wise to give you an ETA on it. You know you will just be disappointed if we don't deliver within the promised time.
    We are however planning to get it patched to one of our QA servers for proper testing very soon. This patch is so large that it will have to be tested internally for some time before patching Testlive. How long depends on how many issues QA will find.
    I'm more concerned about how many issues QA doesn't find... My trust in them is lacking in some ways...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Profession Tools shouldn't be available in the shop, end of.

Nano Cans were a push. Full blown parts of professions is just utterly out of order though and yes I'm aware that these things have been around for a while now. I couldn't give a rats ass if it is for 'convenience', taking CORE AREAS OF SPECIFIC PROFESSIONS and putting price-tags on them is P2W in every sense of the word. Which is funny, because it was exactly what we was told, wouldn't happen!

If you don't have the time to play the game but are willing to pay for these 'convenience items', you really need to re-evaluate your subscription and probably your common sense too.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Would be great if you could allow some players to access that QA server too, something like that was done with ROTGS.

at least we got news, hope youre all well rested and ready to work... how do you get into the QA team for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Profession Tools shouldn't be available in the shop, end of.

Nano Cans were a push. Full blown parts of professions is just utterly out of order though and yes I'm aware that these things have been around for a while now. I couldn't give a rats ass if it is for 'convenience', taking CORE AREAS OF SPECIFIC PROFESSIONS and putting price-tags on them is P2W in every sense of the word. Which is funny, because it was exactly what we was told, wouldn't happen!

If you don't have the time to play the game but are willing to pay for these 'convenience items', you really need to re-evaluate your subscription and probably your common sense too.
    Pay to win items are generally items that are a must to enjoy the game or items that increases your combat abilities while used, the above does neither. Screaming pay to win whenever something like this is added is just wrong, you need to learn what the term stands for first.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Cool Gift wrapped bazzit's alien library

Cool! Thanks for the "Gift wrapped bazzit's alien library". I'm sure it will be flamed later though.
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Thanks for the update Genele. Now I have to retract that thanks for removing ingame melons now i have to log off and go find some in rl

We also had an issue with some armors showing way too much melons because of transparency issues. Hehe. (Sorry guys, I fixed it!)
    Doh! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Rest sounds good tho

Hope the sploiters didn't do too much damage, god I hate people like that!
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Pay to win items are generally items that are a must to enjoy the game or items that increases your combat abilities while used, the above does neither. Screaming pay to win whenever something like this is added is just wrong, you need to learn what the term stands for first.
    Instead of making a Trader and taking it to 220 to fully make use of the CL + increased percentage of the Trader Shop, you can now just flat out buy the Trader Shop!

Instead of making a Trader and levelling it to a point where you can make use of the portable GMI, you can now buy it!

Instead of making a Crat and playing it to the point where it can make use of the Bank, you can now just buy it!

Instead of making a Fixer to get good use out of Grid Nanos, you can now just buy the Nano Cans!

Instead of teaming from 150-200, you can now just skip it! All with the wonders of the FunCom Point Shop!

It's Paying to get something without the time investment. It's P2W. End of.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by madman666 View Post
    at least we got news, hope youre all well rested and ready to work... how do you get into the QA team for this?
    Get a job at Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cago30 View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the "Gift wrapped bazzit's alien library". I'm sure it will be flamed later though.
    Don't know why, it takes an hour or less to do the quest. Last run took me ~40 minutes.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Hey All!
    The New Graphics Engine
    We are getting closer and closer to a beta now. And this month I have helped Macrosun out with finding more issues since he had run out of bugs to fix. We are also getting help from the render team to fix the issues related to character animation (some of our monsters have too many bones and the new engine needs to accept the same amount of bones as our old one) and getting more shiny water, lava and toxic liquid (water is currently running a bit too fast and in the wrong directions).
    So are you saying the characters need to have bones limited so they will still work for people using the old engine, or does the new engine need to learn how to deal with more bones?
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's not free. youhave to pay a couple (dozen) euros for it
    Please. Anyone who buys it can obviously use it.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

"Vacation?"... haven't you people at fc been on vacation since 07?

/yawn
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

No such thing as "...too much melons".
    Procrastinate Now!

I am so glad to hear that GMI is repaired and everyting (including AO economy) is OK
    /sarcasm off
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast