Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    ... another example would be alb loot it has gone up quite a bit since a year ago.
    Oh, Antonis, where art thou?
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

the alb loot prices are more of a result of what the devs did to alb in one of the recent patches than a reflection of the economy. just sayin'
    Last edited by Lazy; Jul 22nd, 2013 at 15:35:47.

actualy bracers are quite cheap since release of DB3...before that was @ 600m and complet mem was @250+ now bracer go for 300 - max 400 or 550 whit complete mem..
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

No more exploit discussions in this thread.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

A yawn and a sigh
    Last edited by Spead; Jul 23rd, 2013 at 22:25:26.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    No more exploit discussions in this thread.
    you're an exploit discussion!

Something is wrong in that the prices have skyrocketed in the past month or so, whether they want to address it or not.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Something is wrong in that the prices have skyrocketed in the past month or so, whether they want to address it or not.
    might be time to sell some of my css and sit on the creds for a bit.

Its because lazy is back ingame. He had 50 alts with full orgbanks of credits.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Players these days have it extremely easy in obtaining their raid loot because of instancing, they just have to go out and do the content. But they dont want to, they are either gimp, newb (and need to be carried) or just lazy. If you ask me, if you are too lazy to want to raid for loot in ANY MMO, then it is probably time for you to quit.

I
    Do the content? Sure! But wait, I can't. I can't because my 2000 euro worth of PC lags like hell when I play a 12 year old game. I can't do Miitar, I can't do DB3, can't do Vortexx, can't do APF or Pande with many people. The experience is nasty, trust me. So I'm forced to do other stuff and buy the things I need. No problem with that, imo. Also, no problem in buying stuff if you've already done the content hundreds of times on alts.
    It took me 6 years to win a BoC on my NT, by raiding with many people. Like you say, doing the content.
    It took me 3 hours to win BoC for my twink(just social) by farming other stuff and buying the BoC.
    Wich one of these would any honest and sane person prefer?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

It no longer takes 6 years to get a BoC because of instancing, you can do pande with a 6 man team. Nooone is asking you to do it with a mindless zerg and lag yourself, get a group of skilled people together and do content yourself? Surely this is not rocket science

It was just an example, mate.
    I know pande is instanced, I've done it like 100 times since then. Got everything I need for my toons. But still, there is certain content in this game that certain people CANNOT do, so they resort to buying lootrights. Wich is perfectly fine, at least in my view.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Do the content? Sure! But wait, I can't. I can't because my 2000 euro worth of PC lags like hell when I play a 12 year old game. I can't do Miitar, I can't do DB3, can't do Vortexx, can't do APF or Pande with many people. The experience is nasty, trust me. So I'm forced to do other stuff and buy the things I need. No problem with that, imo. Also, no problem in buying stuff if you've already done the content hundreds of times on alts.
    It took me 6 years to win a BoC on my NT, by raiding with many people. Like you say, doing the content.
    It took me 3 hours to win BoC for my twink(just social) by farming other stuff and buying the BoC.
    Wich one of these would any honest and sane person prefer?
    First off, if the game makes you unable to play the content than you shouldn't be playing period. But hey, do what you want its your money and time but dont complain that something isn't worth doing and doing right just because you cant play the game in the way it was suppose to be played. I dont negate the fact that people on top end machines have a poor time running AO, but that is a completely different problem to the mechanics in how the population obtains raid loot.

Secondly, 6 years to win a boc is a bold and incorrect statement. You are implying that you raided pande at least once a day for 6 years. Judging by your forum join date at 2006 that would mean you started to raid pande back in 2006 and didn't win one until 2012. That would mean 3 years of regularly raiding non instanced pande (Ipande came out in 2009) and then another 3 years of raiding the instance, also clan and omni would rotate weeks for those first 3 years and beast was on an 18 hour spawn and thus you could only raid him at max 9 times and I believe raids back then gave you 3 points per beast kill and boc costed about 150-200 points. If you went to every raid you would have 200 points in 7.4 raid weeks, or rather it would take you 14-15 real life weeks (due to rotation) to save up enough points for a boc. Lastly, 1-2 bocs would drop a week so the notion of crappy impossible drop rate is somewhat moot, you just have to be at that raid.

Oh wait, whats that? You actually didn't go to every raid and only went maybe once a week during that time? Even if you raided one time a week for 3 years you would have saved enough points for a boc. Also, raiding back then was sort of similar to the lottery, if you dont go you cant win. If a boc was desirable to you, you would have gone to those raids.

The fact of the matter is, you didn't raid regularly for 6 years to get a boc. Due to your previous statement you probably have never really raided any zone on a regular basis to warrant a legitimate complaint other than that you lag in the game.

MMOs are all about repetitive actions. Saying you have done something hundreds of times doesn't mean anything nor should it warrant bypassing content because you have done said content hundreds of times. When players resort to just buying multiple, if not all, end game raid loot they are dumbing down the experience and enjoyment of playing. What do you do when you have everything? Quit? PvP? Raid for end game loot to sell to others?

I thought the point of playing the game was having fun and then you want to quit cause you now have everything? You want to pvp now that you have all that new shiny gear? Good luck with that, good pvp is a rare thing, I dont deny that some form of pvp happens but compared to other games AO is pretty sub-par in the pvp department in comparison. Wait, so you spent all that money to buy raid loot just so you can then raid that zone and make money? Um, ok.

When you have mechanics that allow players to deck out their toon in top notch gear you lose an element of fun. Loot use to be about bragging rights (also being called a no lifer) because not everyone had it. To use an example, with Diablo 3 a player can use the auction house to buy all the best gear. But what do you do when you buy all the best gear? The point of the game is to find more and better loot for yourself and to sell to others but you can bypass it all with the auction house. The game is a grind, it is sort of the point. That is also the point behind MMOs (a grind), essentially there is no point to an MMO other than entertainment value, what yo uget out of it is up to you.

AO is designed so you play with others. When everyone wants to solo stuff and sell it to the hopeless people who think they will never get a team for whatever content you no longer have a good/fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    First off, if the game makes you unable to play the content than you shouldn't be playing period.
    Uhm...I play this game exclusively for it's PvP system and mechanics, wich compared to EVERY OTHER MMO on today's market are vastly supperior. But, in order to have fun PvPing I need the best gear possible, wich means PvMing and PvMing untill my fingers bleed. I hate it with passion, yes, but it's a necessity. So, if I hate doing the PvM, and trust me I hate it with every fiber of my being, I'm basically forced to buy everything I need, wich isn't a problem. I rely on other players to get loot for me, because most of the endgame encounters in AO are either so BORING and STUPID or virtually unplayable(I can't do normal Pande on my NT with 3FPS, for example).
    I'm repeating, in case you didn't read it, the BoC was just an example, stop doing all that math for nothing It took several years to get a BoC, playing casually. Happy with this statement?

I don't understand this mentality that the AO "hardcore veterans" display. Items shouldn't take years to get a hold of, they should be "FUN" to get a hold of. Killing a mob a thousand times resulting in dick loot isn't fun, period. Doing 4000 city raids so you can build your own full set of AI armor isn't fun, period. I hate it. It's the reason I've quit AO like 5 times. Only reason I ever returned is because the PvP system in every MMO I've played is complete rubbish no-skill click this to win thing.........
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Complain all you want, there will never be a change for the better. The devs just keep making things worse every update. Lose hope and move on to other games (I highly recommend Final Fantasy 14) or just adapt. We've been complaining about real issues for over 6 years with no results. FC will do whatever it takes to keep us hanging on by a thread for the $$.$$ without bothering to make the game more enjoyable for us.
    Based God.

That's my feeling too, Mako. Without major commitment invested in AO, the game is gonna die rather sooner then later. And you know what? People who wait for the new engine thinking it's gonna bring any major change in terms of population is dead wrong. We could have the best graphics in the world, hell we could be playing with holograms and full 3D environments where you could actually touch another player with your hands, and still if the list of known bugs doesn't get looked at we'd be in the exact same bucket, with an old game that only looks a little better and the same crapload of bugs, exploits and other issues.
    I've given up on waiting for anything major in this game and it actually made my playing experience a little less frustrating. Less because now when I don't think about it's issues, I can focus on the fun part of it. Killing omnis!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

That's my feeling too, Mako. Without major commitment invested in AO, the game is gonna die rather sooner then later. And you know what? People who wait for the new engine thinking it's gonna bring any major change in terms of population is dead wrong. We could have the best graphics in the world, hell we could be playing with holograms and full 3D environments where you could actually touch another player with your hands, and still if the list of known bugs doesn't get looked at we'd be in the exact same bucket, with an old game that only looks a little better and the same crapload of bugs, exploits and other issues.
    I've given up on waiting for anything major in this game and it actually made my playing experience a little less frustrating. Less because now when I don't think about it's issues, I can focus on the fun part of it. Killing omnis!
    The engine will hit new and old demographics coupled with steam release so there will be a population increase, as to how big or how small is anyone's guess. The engine will make it so players can play the game on top end machines, like yours. The engine is far from just new shiny stuff and people dont seem to realize that.

I do realise the advantages of a new engine, especially with my new PC But be honest with yourself and think about it. You'll play in the same buggy environment, with the same mechanics, same bugs, same issues, same everything as before. So when the engine comes and Steam starts to pour players in AO, how long do you think it's gonna last before people realise it's the same old game that only looks and runs better but with the same old junk that hasn't been looked at in a decade? It will only revive the game for what...6 months? A year? Then what?
    We're back at square one, suggesting FC to change this, improve that, nerf that, fix this, and no changes.
    If they actually took the time to fix the issues on that list, we wouldn't need much more to ensure AO's life for another 10 years.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

welcome to the runaway economy. it doesn't change unless we do.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I do realise the advantages of a new engine, especially with my new PC But be honest with yourself and think about it. You'll play in the same buggy environment, with the same mechanics, same bugs, same issues, same everything as before. So when the engine comes and Steam starts to pour players in AO, how long do you think it's gonna last before people realise it's the same old game that only looks and runs better but with the same old junk that hasn't been looked at in a decade? It will only revive the game for what...6 months? A year? Then what?
    We're back at square one, suggesting FC to change this, improve that, nerf that, fix this, and no changes.
    If they actually took the time to fix the issues on that list, we wouldn't need much more to ensure AO's life for another 10 years.
    Id be interested in the specs of your machine, as I run on a very top end machine, and dont have a problem.

My only problems was Windows 8 - but a roolback to 7 solved that - or - if your machine is top end - HyperV a 7 box and run AO in that.

mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast