Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why

Why

Why is everything going up in price....especially the trolls on GMI.....

If cites and GMI is taking creditz (and no more S10 NODROPS) out of the game why is S*** still going up in price.

My own mind going.....100(cites)X100mil per month=10,000,000,000 <----might be wrong...???????
    ......100(perk reset) X 20mil per(month) = 2,000,000,000
    ...... And Lame GMI tax is ?????
    ....= someone must be farming pearls....
    Last edited by Communistic; Jul 19th, 2013 at 14:13:50.

I think you're reffering to supple bots, cc and css armors. Correct?
    And the answer to that is simple:
    Supply vs demand.

Most people find it more profitable to farm other things, than alien raids to gain wealth these days. And s42 doesn't happen THAT often. So there's not very many ql 240+ supple bots coming into the market right now. But there's still plenty of people who wants to have CC/CSS armors for their toons.

As for almost everything else, the GMI helps to drop prices quite a lot. I've seen prices on some Int symbs drop from 400m+ to around 50m in just a week.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

To chime in with Qualto, prices can and do fluctuate. Supply and demand are definitely an integral component to how the system works but price trends and the like still pop in from time to time. There are relatively few constants.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

There's a lot that has gone way up in price from basics like ql190+ soul frags with buy orders now sitting around 4-6m, these used to be 500k-1m; another example would be alb loot it has gone up quite a bit since a year ago.

As for taxation on sales that does help your org somewhat, not nearly enough of that % goes to the org bank though. To that end I personally try to use the GMI as little as possible and usually rely on spam bots and shopping to move things.

Org rent that's one that's been pretty standard for years, if you have a farm city well farm more? If your org has problems with upkeep try organizing some org raids even if you just do a city raid a week with LR/bot sales going to org bank, it's one we have done in our org all along organize alb/alp/beast/ai, nice part with alb you end up with lots of little things that org members can roll on along the way as well.

The perk reset NPC is a definite luxury service so the cost kind of makes sense here, it's not something you are forced to use but 20m to save in some cases more than 24 hours of perk resets seems fair (MAYBE make it so the cost varies by title level).

Not going to comment on bot pricing as that's something really more driven by the community.

*Added

In the big picture the numbers you posted do seem large but 10b on cities, 2b on PR... we all know so many of you that been playing longer than me are sitting on accounts worth of creds, the problem is do you think there's currently 12b+ being injected into the game via looting over the same period? The way things are going it will be the same groups of people always sitting on the same piles of creds passed around over and over... oh wait it's been that way since I started in 05.

In terms of liquid creds I tend to keep very little so the market for me is almost inaccessible for anything that might actually be useful to me, if things are too expensive do like us poor folk and farm/skrimp/save or in most cases use slightly lesser equip to nearly the same results (or better in some cases).
    Last edited by Gaveup; Jul 19th, 2013 at 16:41:15.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Given the amount of bots that go on the GMI (Which isn't much), I'd imagine that if there were even 2 more people regularly farming supple bots to place on the GMI the price would go down a significant amount. Granted supple bots don't come like candy.

I intentionally use the market solely for the reason that it pulls credits out of the game, which is what players ask for. The more people using the GMI also helps the GMI economy, specifically moreso if you're cycling items constantly. At this point, more farming would specifically help the economy out the most, which means there either must be more players or the current players must farm more so there's less ability for a few people farming to take advantage of the situation.

The current situation in Anarchy Online's market is typical of most any low population game or server. Even low population World of Warcraft servers have price fluctuations and number of items similar to now in Anarchy Online. If you want the situation fixed, you either need more players or more activity.

PS, it'd be cool if traders and fixers could get lower taxes in the GMI. Taxes off starts at TL3, goes higher every title level until 7.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jul 19th, 2013 at 23:02:55.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

There have been a lot of changes in the past 6-8 months that I would imagine would have a significant affect on pricing. Off the top of my head:

- Server merge (cut down the number of available items that drop off of outdoor mobs/world bosses and potentially brought back a lot of the wealthiest players who had creds to burn.)
    - Changing of nodrop flag on some items
    - Changing of unique tag on some items

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    At this point, more farming would specifically help the economy out the most, which means there either must be more players or the current players must farm more so there's less ability for a few people farming to take advantage of the situation.
    But so lazy Or more to the point done it so many times that it's almost painful to farm some basics like RK Dyna nanos/SL Dyna Drops/Arul or other TS mats/Primus Camp

As you said more people or more activity, I'd like to see FC address the issue by adding new sources for old or over farmed sections of the game. If I could head to one of those closed zones or large spaces that a city used to take up and farm some new mobs or something fresh I don't think it would be so much like pulling teeth.

Updating RK mishs would go a long way as well, some new layouts and designs to enhance rather than replace as they seem to like whenever they roll out a new shiny to make the previous completely obsolete... I think it's been said so many times that there's hardly a reason for me to hit "Submit Reply" though, it's why I rarely bother posting.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

It'd be nice if you could increase the speed of alien raids, or increase the amount of waves at one time so you could do raids faster.

Or if there were more raids to get supple bots from, like Sector generals had a 10% chance at bots. A smaller version of sector 42, or if sector 42 took less people.
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It'd be nice if you could increase the speed of alien raids, or increase the amount of waves at one time so you could do raids faster.

Or if there were more raids to get supple bots from, like Sector generals had a 10% chance at bots. A smaller version of sector 42, or if sector 42 took less people.
    If I remember right Biancha did Sec 42 with one team?
    If so it should be less enough.
    If it will be easier in the future crat and doc have the next playfield

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

I personally have no idea what he's talking about but he probably means just one side.

I'm pretty sure that was just one side... =D
    Solgier
    Algar (almost) Pure DD crat
    Docgar
    Elithas

We did Org co-op raids for sec 42 with just about 1 team per side, so it's perfectly doable. It just takes a bit of patience & some skilled players.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    We did Org co-op raids for sec 42 with just about 1 team per side, so it's perfectly doable. It just takes a bit of patience & some skilled players.
    Yup, so did we. It also takes the right professions. We had to shuffle people to different org teams from time to time, because one org wouldn't have a crat or enf or doc or soldier, and another org would have 2 of whichever was missing.

"One team per side" is a lot different than "One team doing Sector 42, and a bureaucrat and doctor will take the next playfield."

In fact that's completely different.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jul 20th, 2013 at 19:56:56.

Why don't you all stick to the bloody topic?

OT: It sucks to see prices going up this much all the time, but i suppose people got more lazier over the year and prefer to make profit out of selling lootrights rather than farming bots.

Because most of the remaining players are bored with the actual game and make their own buisness game where you win by having the most creds and shiny stuff. It's just like how the world works, and I doubt a game company can change that.

It is simple. Not enough players farming items to inject those items in to the economy and everyone rolling or having a love child profession that they want to deck out in the best gear which is usually CC/CSS. Also, people are greedy and when they see a bot for 800m, they are going to ask for 800m or a little bit more or state their case that "well you dont see this bot that often".

I am going to take a guess on this statement, but compared to other games AO doesn't have a good way to generate credits for players.

Maybe from farming pearls and stuff, you can make 10-30m an hour, and with 1 piece of CC costing 1b+ you are looking at 100-300 hours (12-37 days of farming if you farm 8 hours a day) of straight farming time if you go the route of looting trash. But that is just straight generating of credits and I really doubt a lot of people do that these days. Also, back in the day you knew who the chinese farmers were and where to expect them to be, now you dont (or at least I have never seen any obvious ones since ingot nerf). Credits being sold on 3rd party websites is like 20-30 dollars per billion last I checked (which was 6 months ago) and I feel that the credits that these 3rd party sites have are sold to them by actual players and not some chinese sweat shop. To add, the reasons why that may be is because AO isn't a popular game and there isn't enough profit for the chinamen. If I also remember correctly 1b credits 6-7 years ago was like 200+ USD.

I mention the chinese because you would see them killing stuff and looting trash (ingots) and generating credits. S10 was also a huge cash cow with the bounties and if I remember correctly one guy would make 300m+ a day there just from bounties (I could be wrong on that amount, I know it was a lot). Even with cities and other credit sinks I dont think those are enough in getting credits out of the system. There have been a couple of threads where people have sold 20-80b worth of gear. There are credits out there and some people are just sitting on them and so that 1b piece of CC doesn't bother them and they are more willing to pay whatever price to get that gear.

If you also look at all that spam you get from dnet and neutnet it is people selling nodrops and people looking to buy every piece of endgame gear/nodrop. Players these days have it extremely easy in obtaining their raid loot because of instancing, they just have to go out and do the content. But they dont want to, they are either gimp, newb (and need to be carried) or just lazy. If you ask me, if you are too lazy to want to raid for loot in ANY MMO, then it is probably time for you to quit.

If you also look at any of the market forums most are asking for AI armor or certain parts to make AI armor or purchase various endgame loot and leveling services. There is rarely anything in between like high QL implants, trade skill items, low to mid level armor etc. Granted, some of those things can be found on GMI but there isn't an abundance of those items as there use to be.

No one wants to farm anything because it is expected that someone will have it and sell it. People are detoured also by the amount of time vs reward. In the same amount of time it would take them to possibly camp/hunt/farm that item they could farm some instance for nodrop gear and sell it to purchase that item.

There are so many avenues and easier ways for a player to get credits that its faster to bypass going the traditional routes of earning something and just buy it. Selling loot rights is a problem whether people agree to it or not. It is bad economically and it is bad for the overall experience of an MMO.

To sum up this TLDR, it isn't just one thing that is the cause for high prices it is many things and some are deeper than others. If you want prices to be lowered than the devs need to take charge and change things. The sad thing is, is that they probably wont any time soon or ever. At this point in the game, you better just get use to it and suck it up, adapt and overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Stuffs...

I am going to take a guess on this statement, but compared to other games AO doesn't have a good way to generate credits for players.

...and moar stuffses.
    What AO doesn't have is a good way of generating loot. Or good loot. 90%+ of the gear is worthless and the rest is overpowered and needs to be bought or farmed with mains. The most ridiculous example being 6 slot belts, a ql 160 item that can be equipped at level 60 by almost all toons with little to no twinking.

In a well designed MMO credits should not even be an issue. Good leveling gear should be plentiful and easy to find and better gear should be available only to those who play their toons.

All MMOs follow a formula that when new content is released, the old stuff becomes easier and not as important. I am sure when this game launched no one thought it would be possible for a level 60 toon to equip a 6 slot belt, but as AO progressed twinking those higher level items on lower level characters became a reality, which is the beauty of AO.

I agree that the vendor shops and loot you find on general trash mobs is utter crap and I feel it really needs a revamp at some point much like how the engine, NPE, balance are needed now. I would hope that once those 3 things are completed they will look at the loot tables of mobs and the vendors and revamp them with better gear and increasing how many credits certain trash loot gets (come on 12 credits for a ql 250 item in SL, wtf). But there also needs to be trash loot to sell to vendors. There are just way too many things that need improvement and I feel those things we truly want and need will never see the light of day.

Well, Anarchy Online was only supposed to have a 4 year storyline, after which it was supposed to be shut down. As with everything, FC has taken a really long time to get that done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast