Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobs dropping aggro 10ft from their pullpoint?

Mobs dropping aggro 10ft from their pullpoint?

So i just came back after 5+yrs of not playing AO, and I went to totw for some major nostalgia tripping.

Long story short, when I grouped with some NT's and tried to pull large groups for them to **** (me being an enforcer) with AOE's I couldn't pull the mobs beyond like 10 or 20 steps before they dropped aggro and ran home.

What happened?!

Trains were what made Everquest dangerous, and the removal of that mechanic destroyed any semblance of difficulty in that game.

Now i'm being told this is intentional in Anarchy Online, but i refuse to believe it. Is Anarchy Online being turned into a Casual fest?

Devs, you DO realize that the ONLY reason you're losing population slowly IS NOT because the game is hard (this gives meaning to accomplishment), but because the graphics are so out of date it was even hard for me to come back (and i'm not a stickler for graphics, and hardcore nostalgic for AO).

Stop fooling around and destroying Anarchy Online's core values. Casuals will NEVER want to play AO no matter how far you dumb it down (then the rest of us will leave btw if you do try that). Hurry up, REVERSE this change if it is actually intentional, and pool ALL of your resources into updating AO to DX9/10/11.

Then, update the character models & armor to something newer so the game stops looking like a 90yr old woman trying to figure out how to use a cellphone.

/rant

ps: I'm getting sick and damn tired of people rushing all the way to Azzy in TOTW, bugging everything else in its path, and then trying to steal my camp. Getting down to Azzy used to be a pain even for Twinks (ie: having to kill any adds along the way or wind up with 40 adds to murder them).

>:|

{Editted by Haquihana - watch your language, please}
    Last edited by Haquihana; Jul 13th, 2013 at 15:35:18.

Welcome back. This change was in the 18.6.2 patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Monsters in Temple of the Three winds, Inner Sanctum, Foremans, Pandemonium, Crypt of Home, Cyborg Barracks, Albtraum, Alappaa, Dark Ruins (Team), Smugglers/Mantis Den, Steps of Madness, Subway will now return to their spawnpoint when trained and will also provide a higher amount of XP.
    Also there's another thread you might want to review. Looks like Michizure has been making adjustments as needed, so maybe if you post there your concern might get some attention.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Haven't been back more than a couple months myself, but must say I agree with TSN. Why is AO being dumbed down/made easier?
    I really didn't understand the nerfing of Alappaa (it wasn't very hard), and I'm worried about the nerf of Albtraum this last patch did. Haven't been there myself, so not sure what was nerfed, but there were no mobs there that I can think of I found too hard. Droprate on some items suck, ok, but the challenge from the bosses was never too big. If anything, Wings of Despair should have been made harder.

Meh trains are just kinda stupid. If anything should be tweak the mobs ability to use specials and deal damage, call allies or whatever. Not their ability to never lose aggro and just randomly run all over the place. Stupid mechanics are stupid.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I appreciate totw trains. In fact trains are what made me realize the benefit of MAP UPGRADES by lvl 25!!!
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I appreciate totw trains. In fact trains are what made me realize the benefit of MAP UPGRADES by lvl 25!!!
    First time for me, some guy ran by me /s "Run for your life....". Now, I would think that would be clear enough for most people, but I was new and did not see what all of the fuss was about...I am sure you can guess the rest.

Back when I first went to s10, my graphics settings were way low (older machine) and I got swamped by a few packs being trained by someone who most likely was just headed to the door. In most cases, it was not an issue as TMS X was available or I could make it to the guards. Once I got a newer rig, I could see them coming...never really used any maps at that point.

Interesting how they make these guys aggro and then reset. I swear I have done all but urinate (virtually speaking) on some of the rollerats in that one daily and they never followed me. Likewise, some seem to reset too easily. Seems like it is a fine line between too much and too little.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

I think mobs following you like idiots is just an old and dated mechanic. Why would they bother giving chase when they can't catch up?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

signed, another dangerous and exiting element in AO was pvp-gas on the way to these places w xp/loot/team.

Today ao is solo-dailies, ost/kite and buy lootrights from crat/sol/doc. -_-
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakyRussian View Post
    Devs, you DO realize that the ONLY reason you're losing population slowly IS NOT because the game is hard (this gives meaning to accomplishment), but because the graphics are so out of date it was even hard for me to come back (and i'm not a stickler for graphics, and hardcore nostalgic for AO).
    They're losing population because the game itself is old. MMOs have changed a lot in 12 years, and while some people might argue it's been for the worse, the market has also changed (or perhaps a better way to put it is the games changed to suit the market).

Old MMOs were often based on the idea that time spent = difficulty. Very few people these days want to sit around waiting for spawns, or grinding identical monsters/missions for hours to gain a level - and if you must do so, it better be fun in itself, unlike AO's horrible combat.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    it better be fun in itself, unlike AO's horrible combat.
    imo ao has the best game-mechanics, it's just that charracters are OP vs old Environment/mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I think mobs following you like idiots is just an old and dated mechanic. Why would they bother giving chase when they can't catch up?
    Hmm kinda like battle station pvp... easier to just cap points instead of chasing around players with more runspeed that try to kite you with specials.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Old MMOs were often based on the idea that time spent = difficulty. Very few people these days want to sit around waiting for spawns, or grinding identical monsters/missions for hours to gain a level - and if you must do so, it better be fun in itself, unlike AO's horrible combat.
    Not ... really. That perception is only there because people believe that they should have everything and preferably before doing anything. It's not about getting the stuff, it's not about waiting. It's about playing and experiencing a gameworld with your friends.
    That's what MMOs have gone away from, however, and instead turned into a dripfeed of stuff.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Not ... really. That perception is only there because people believe that they should have everything and preferably before doing anything. It's not about getting the stuff, it's not about waiting. It's about playing and experiencing a gameworld with your friends.
    That's what MMOs have gone away from, however, and instead turned into a dripfeed of stuff.
    It's a shame the experience and the socializing was married to tedious, godawful gameplay
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

It's a shame the experience and the socializing was married to tedious, godawful gameplay
    Why are you even here? I mean, seriously? Could you explain why you are on a forum for a game that has gameplay this terrible and bad, a gameplay you were made familiar with in the first 5 minutes of play. You obviously must have quit after those first 5 minutes, so why are you here?
    The Red Brotherhood

Why are you even here? I mean, seriously? Could you explain why you are on a forum for a game that has gameplay this terrible and bad, a gameplay you were made familiar with in the first 5 minutes of play. You obviously must have quit after those first 5 minutes, so why are you here?
    Gas leak, maybe

Gas leak, maybe
    That's all you've got?
    The Red Brotherhood

That's all you've got?
    A stupid answer for a stupid question

They also messed it up so you can't afk (coffee) at the exarch-area. Patrollers will come there.

As for the antitrain-mechanic; Certain profession are supposed to use snareperks and outrange mobs. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    As for the antitrain-mechanic; Certain profession are supposed to use snareperks and outrange mobs. Just saying...
    Pretty sure it only applies inside dungeons...which I can't think of any dungeons where snares would not still apply to LOS fighting anyway.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

my main issue with this is the bugged mobs.

It seems that if you let a mob reset like this there is a reasonable chance it becomes bugged so that it will get stuck in the geometry, running animation and nothing can attack it, or that it gets stuck in the wall next to spawn, pets can attack and fix that though, but not players.

I don't know however if it's a bug with the individual spawn locations and geometry, or because of the way the running back thing was introduced.

Anyways, ToTW now has about half the cultists stuck running into a wall somewhere, and even some of the minor nameds.

Also, why is /pet hunt gone? It's not like people who want to macro/exploit won't find a way around it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast