Thread: graphic fixes?

graphic fixes?

you know, like poor collision detection (mobs that die into walls and you can't loot them cause u can't see body!) or pathing (you run back a room and the mob after you get stuck in wall for half minute) and general stuff it's dumb to see. yesterday when i flow above tir lake i saw a mutant walking on water... this is dumb.

i know it's not the most important thing to fix but i don't think that it's even in funcom list of fixes!! i would like to see this things gone...

Ever think the mutant was the Mutant Savior, Son of the Mutant God that was walking on the water? DUH!

Hehe, just kidding of course. I've not seen that particular bug. On a more serious note, I agree that pathing and colission detection could use improving. They've been trying to improve it since the game came out frankly, and have made a lot of progress believe it or not.

I think when it comes to pathing for pets and mobs, just the way missions are designed are problematic. Look at all the mission room types there are that have objects that block much of the room. Tables, benches, chairs, computer terminals, water, wildlife (in caves), the list goes on. Now to FIX pathing, they could remove every single object in every single mission room style (and trust me there are a LOT of them).

The only problem is now the missions would have no features, they would become so bland.. with each room having nothing but 4 naken walls, perhaps a picture here or there. People would A scant few poeple would love this because pathing would be fixed, but the majority would scream for it to be returned to the old way, or improved in new ways.

So pathing is a double edged sword. The only way I can see it being really fixed is if a new mission slider came up, or an option was presented at mission terminals, to give missions with rooms that have no obstructions.. specifically for pet owners.

I would love to see pet pathing and mob pathing fixed (well kinda with mobs, cause it's always nice to be running from a mob and have it get stuck in a wall so it cant chase you, and then loose agro hehe). But I don't see it ever becomming trully fixed, until something like what I have stated happens.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"