Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A Plea to Vets: Don't discourage new players

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    Lol, that's just a myth perpetuated by RK1ers who can't get over the fact that RK2 were better at making low level twinks than them. Things were equally bad in Ely on both dimensions as far as I could tell.
    My RK1 Doc versus an RK2 Paid Enforcer
    Yeah. Explain that for me, with the best RK2 PvPer there losing to a froob 4 levels lower.
    I'm Batman.

Also, intentionally disrupting kites via trains is bannable - by ganks doesn't seem to be. Atleast, not when you're of the opposite faction, from what I can tell. I've done it plenty of times, but never to Neutrals.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    My RK1 Doc versus an RK2 Paid Enforcer
    Yeah. Explain that for me, with the best RK2 PvPer there losing to a froob 4 levels lower.
    That's not the "best RK2 PvPer."

That's a person who is legitimately the most blatant troll in the whole game, and I cannot believe that anyone has actually believed him. He doesn't even try.

I thought him putting a picture of beating a TL5 enforcer with a TL5 adventurer captioned "Best RK2 PvPer reporting in" was enough.
    Last edited by wonderland; Oct 6th, 2013 at 05:33:21.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Yeah, there's troll and then there's -that-
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    What if you use a Alien Probe on someone then? That items function is to flag someone
    Ive been thinking this all the way through the thread . . . . The other thing - I didnt think mongo caused a flag any more as it doesnt actually do dmg, it just taunts.

But yeah - Alien Probes. I know a few beat raids have been taken out by PVPers following to lair, probing certain key people, killing them, then stealing beast.

So, FC can't say giving someone in a PvM area is exploitable, then create items that do it. They then can't also say 'yeah, but thats abusing a game mechanic', as IMO, so is OST.

MarkR

Quote Originally Posted by Solcv2 View Post
    I didnt think mongo caused a flag any more as it doesnt actually do dmg, it just taunts.
    It still does. Log an enfo and go mongo near a person with a flag and you'll see for yourself.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It still does. Log an enfo and go mongo near a person with a flag and you'll see for yourself.
    Thats interesting, I thought the whole reason for them removing the single dmg was to remove chat window spam and flagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Solcv2 View Post
    Thats interesting, I thought the whole reason for them removing the single dmg was to remove chat window spam and flagging.
    In my old age, my memory starts to fail me, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the modifications they made (back then) to nano damage modifers.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    In my old age, my memory starts to fail me, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the modifications they made (back then) to nano damage modifers.
    It was indeed to stop enf's from becoming the new NT.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ahhh ok. It was once of those changes made when I was on my 'break' :P

Mark

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456