Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My road from 0 to 1000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Just a couple of observations.

The chances of a real noob "conveniently" choosing an MA as their first toon is low.

You very non-noobishly started farming creds as much as possible from the start. Most noobs care only for the leveling because they expect to get leveling gear as they progress.
    I never said I didn't have any knowledge that a noob won't have.

The chances of a real noob "conveniently" choosing an MA as their first toon is low.
    the professions listed as having a low difficulty to play on the character creation screen are enforcer and MA. so i'd say a real noob has about a 50/50 chance of choosing an MA as their first toon.

I've seen a surprising amount of people choose MPs as their first toons. Maybe they get confused between A and P.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I've seen a surprising amount of people choose MPs as their first toons. Maybe they get confused between A and P.
    Nah, it's because the concept is fantastic and that makes it attractive. It's just the execution that needs work.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    the professions listed as having a low difficulty to play on the character creation screen are enforcer and MA. so i'd say a real noob has about a 50/50 chance of choosing an MA as their first toon.
    Yabut... no. You see, new players are all skinny teen kids, they always choose atrox enfos as their first toon. This is actually the main reason why most vets do TNH dualloged with crat and doc, cant trust those pesky noobs with handling aggro.

Gingers are the only known exception to this clearly demonstrated fact, they are so used to being bullied that they dont mind going opiseks. But then they usually choose fixers because it is the profession that better suits their petty criminal minds. QID: Noobs dont roll MAs.

Last edited by Gimpynoob; Jul 8th, 2013 at 17:57:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Just a couple of observations.

You very non-noobishly started farming creds as much as possible from the start. Most noobs care only for the leveling because they expect to get leveling gear as they progress.
    I chose MA as my first prof, for the exact reason stated above and then noobishly did not worry about credits for many years to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Getting credits in AO has never been a problem! I'd racked up my first 100million by the time my first toon, my MP, was level 60.

Trouble nowadays seems to be that people aren't willing to put the time & effort into it & expect it right there & then.
    While I will not argue that I made and spent 100 million by the time I got to 220, the first time I had that much laying around was after I had dinged 220 and could make a twink to farm the daylights out of something (my gig was pred bosses on a 100 soldier). I guess experiences differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    ...And yet *all* the information I used at the time is still available on the forums...People are just lazy now & prefer to whine instead it would seem.
    I helped a guy this past weekend who was tearing OT OOC a new one about people needing to be nicer to attract new players. While I could have considered myself justified saying his tactics did not warrant my help, I sent him a /tell anyway (mainly to tell him what the "AOU" in the one guys response of "AOU is your friend" actually meant). Turns out he was an older player returning. He needed help finding his way around an AI daily mission. As it turns out, I did not even realize that this mission had two versions nor that AOU (or even the internet) had little or no information about it. Anyway, we got it done and he seemed happy to be back. I guess kudos to the players who went first and made the guides.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123