Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update, 1st July 2013

Woot want in beta. And 15gb is fine. My bf3 installation is over 34gb.

And while i imagine this means nothing and is not the way they pick people the exposure cant hurt as others are

Specs
    3570k 4.5ghz
    7970 1250mhz
    8gb ram 2ghz
    60gb ssd
    1tb hdd
    1tb hdd
    3tb hdd

Lemme innn!!!

I think they will make a right form to apply for beta stuff. OR they will just make all active players to get in beta. No froob!

Ah Ah Wtb New client !! xD

Specs:

AMD Phenom IIx4 940 3Ghz
    8Go Ram
    Sapphire HD7870-2048 Version
    1tb hdd

Screen x2 (21" & 23")

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    All those years i was convincing myself that AO has smarter playerbase then any other mmo.
    I have never been so wrong...
    What is your point? Some kind of ridiculous fanboyism?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I think he's referring to all those people writing up their specs when it obviously has no meaning at this point.

Guys, enough with the computer specs already, please. They haven't been requested on the forums and they will let you know what they need when they need it. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I think fair way to admit players to beta would be subcription time left ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hi guys,
    Another year has passed for Anarchy Online - 12 years is a massive milestone for any online game and it is really thanks to the community that Anarchy Online is still kicking butt after all this time. So thank you for your support and enthusiasm in keeping Anarchy Online still alive!
    With the Anniversary still in full swing, if you haven't jumped in, now is the time. The Tinker and the Desert Nomads and free gifts and gametime are still all in full swing.
    Yesterday, during the Borealis event there were upwards of 500-600 people running amok in the city! It was an amazing event, thanks to all of the people who showed up and the ARK Events department for putting it together.
    The Anniversary runs for another week and a half, and there has never been a better time to get into the game.

The Engine Beta
    As work on the new engine progresses, we are finalizing plans for the closed beta. Over the coming months we will invite many players to help us out by putting the engine through its paces.
    The main errors holding back the engine from closed beta at the moment are some render bugs with water and some models which have too many animation bones (I'm looking at you, mechs!).
    We will need to test the client on many different configurations in order to be able to nail down system specific bugs and problems. Theoretically because the rendering engine is the same as the one from Age of Conan, we shouldn't have too many problems, but you never know where problems might crop up.
    Currently the file size for the new engine is around 15gb, as opposed to the lightweight 3gb we have now, so for those of you planning to upgrade, save some space

General Updates
    Apart from the engine, Genele is still continuing work on the New Player Experience for the 18.7 while Michizure is helping out with both NPE and some quality of life improvements.
    Outside of the game, you may have noticed that anarchy-online.com is once again getting regular updates, now that we finally remembered where we left the keys to the website.
    We're also still looking at the overhauling the store exploring different options - including a game time for credits option on the ingame market. While this is not 100% nailed down, we're all positive to the benefits that such a system could bring to the game.
    In response to the community requests, Genele and I will also be alternating these monthly updates, so you'll hear from her next month. Until then, thanks for listening!
    Joel
    Creative Director
    P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter. Her name is Zoe - and she will be a clanner.
    This was an excellent update and gives me hope. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Guys, enough with the computer specs already, please. They haven't been requested on the forums and they will let you know what they need when they need it. Thanks.
    I think people just really want to share their battlestation setups. =P
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

Exclamation O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Serchin View Post
    How about a Mac client. I've been running AO for a few months now on my Mac using Crossover and tbh AO has never run smoother.

Please please please mac a client for Mac.
    You can play games on a Mac now?
    Fixdem 150 / 14 Opi Fixer Unit Commander, Third Faction RK1
    Healdem 182 / 17 Solitus Doc Squad Commander, Third Faction RK1

"Yeah, I know it's for teams... Still wanna see how I do solo. =P"

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    P.S. Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter. Her name is Zoe - and she will be a clanner.
    Alright, as much as I've been hesitant to say anything positive about this guy... the statement above made me smile.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Having played TSW the last couple of days, I already have an issue with the graphics engine that I hope will be fixed with AO's update. VSync. It's not there. Please add VSync + Triple Buffering into the engine, and let us turn them on ingame without overriding through drivers. Pretty silly it wasn't an option from the start. Also, this probably won't matter too much for AO, but why have a DX11 mode but no 64-bit client? Sure would love more than 2GB of RAM to be used.

Also, odd FPS issues. 80+ FPS looking at one side of an indoor room in a solo instance, 15 FPS when looking at the other side of the same room. 70+ FPS one day, 20 FPS the next day in exactly the same spot with similar amounts of people around, no changes in programs running.
    Last edited by Esssch; Jul 7th, 2013 at 03:09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Also, odd FPS issues. 80+ FPS looking at one side of an indoor room in a solo instance, 15 FPS when looking at the other side of the same room. 70+ FPS one day, 20 FPS the next day in exactly the same spot with similar amounts of people around, no changes in programs running.
    Are you playing on Ultra? There's a problem with particle effects or what have you. If you've got everything set to "4", move particle or special effects or something (sorry, can't jump in game at the moment to check the proper name for you, I trust your power of mind) down to 3. I think people are saying 3.8 is fine, but I just go the whole way.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

See, I found a post on TSW forums saying to set it to 3.8, but I don't have that option. I see which option they're talking about, it's under the Advanced Options right? Mine only stays on full numbers, I can't go between 3 and 4, and setting it to 3 didn't help :/

Found a post saying it's tesselation (though the guy posting had a 5830, which is a far cry from my 7950). Tried turning that off, no real change. I did set everything to Low and performed the same action, went from 130+ FPS facing the first direction, 80 FPS facing the other, so there was something weird going on in that instance (it was the Old Block at Innsmouth Academy). Might have been drawing things that weren't visible. The rest of it went smooth until at the end when I had to run through the sewers, for some reason that area killed my FPS as well, even though I've run through other sewers and they were fine.

A lot of the posts talk about how London drops FPS. I didn't notice that when I ran through, but I did notice that looking towards Brooklyn Bridge in New York demolishes my FPS.

Those are really weird areas to have an FPS drop! I have no idea what's going on there. People hitting trouble in London makes sense, it's the hub, where a lot of different people will be. I have a hell of a time there myself. Friend'a mine doesn't, however. We're the opposite in Agartha, another swarm of people. I'm fine, he slugs.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

It is extremely odd, I haven't found anything similar on TSW forums. All the threads I find are like "You need more than 1GB of VRAM" okay, well I have 3GB. "You need more system RAM" I have 8GB, that should be more than enough for a 32-bit program. "Upgrade your GPU" to what a 7970? That seems like overkill, even when I'm at 80+ FPS on Ultra, it only uses ~70% of my GPU.

I feel like part of it has to do with the water, though I'm not sure if it actually renders water under the bridge in NY, and the huge bay in Kingsmouth was fine.

1 setting at a time :| started playing a bit of EVE, and if I had shaders on max, the game would be completely overlaid with a red and blue fog and light...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yah you have to go through each setting to find the culprit. With my 6850 card I can play skyrim at max settings just fine... unless ONE setting was on. Would drop my FPS to like 20 from my normal 70-85, and it didn't even affect how the game looked >.<.

Totally forget which one it was though. (Not that it matters since the 7xxx series didn't have that problem)
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

So what about those of us who signed up to beta test the engine at the 10th anniversary party? We've been waiting for a wee bit and are raring to go. Like a few other people I could easily test it on a several different computers other than the ones I normally play on.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Time to dust off the ZX Spectrum 48K + With PLASTIC KEYS!

Trust in Sir Clive
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast