Thread: GJ on todays event, FC

GJ on todays event, FC

I'm not RPer and don't care about stuff like "Zora shouts" organized by FC personnel who better to handle petitions instead.
    I'm just normal paid customer, who pay to FC for like 8 years so far.
    Just finished BS round on my trader (thanks again FC - it take way longer than usual due to "event") and trying to zone to Borealis to report mission done.
    Got disconnected when zoning to Bore from grid, and disconnected again everytime I trying to log back. 8 disconnects so far.
    GJ Funcom, nice event.

BTW - you already have some CC mechanics which warps "extra" ppls to "middle of nonwhere" - so WHY you disconnect unwanted ppls instead of warping it?
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

hehe its still disconnecting. I tried to go to bor from the grid, now my fixer is in a disconnect loop , surely a powerful Omni invention to win wars! Pf lock!!!

edit: after some disconnects Bor works now
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    I'm not RPer and don't care about stuff like "Zora shouts" organized by FC personnel who better to handle petitions instead.
    Events are handled by ARK, not the GMs.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    So, ARK seems to have done something that ruined Candle's playing experience. Could he /petition them to a GM, for harassment?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

This doesn't happen everyday, suck it up. It was a nice event for those of us who took part, which judging by the number of people who showed up, was most of the servers population.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    This doesn't happen everyday, suck it up. It was a nice event for those of us who took part, which judging by the number of people who showed up, was most of the servers population.
    Yeah - I was in the middle of it right at the dish until I got kicked out several times, and was unable to enter again, no matter which account I logged.
    So someone who actually -cared- about it got the boot too :P

I have to say, got pretty disappointed by that. Besides that when I finally could enter again, there was a huge pvp feast going on and folks had nothing better to do than farm some quick kills for titles instead of caring for the story.

Kinda spoiled my fun about it... I'm wondering if I even should try to attempt the next one.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    I'm just normal paid customer, who pay to FC for like 8 years so far.
    Just finished BS round on my trader (thanks again FC - it take way longer than usual due to "event") and trying to zone to Borealis to report mission done.
    Got disconnected when zoning to Bore from grid, and disconnected again everytime I trying to log back. 8 disconnects so far.
    GJ Funcom, nice event.

BTW - you already have some CC mechanics which warps "extra" ppls to "middle of nonwhere" - so WHY you disconnect unwanted ppls instead of warping it?

I'm pretty sure you do absolutely nothing else other than whine.

30m to an hour of not going to one zone in favor of the storyline which everyone whines wasn't going anywhere isn't killing anyone. It'd be a little complain-worthy if the zone wasn't working due to something Funcom did, not "All of the players going into the zone because everyone wants to look at the people with blue names, even when you were given like a month's notice that there was going to be something really big happening on that exact time."
    Last edited by wonderland; Jul 1st, 2013 at 01:10:47.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    ARKs don't handle petitions now? Or are you disagreeing about being FC personnel? You can be personnel as a volunteer. You're acting in an official capacity, even if you don't get paid for it, so you represent the company.

GMs are the primary petition handlers, whereas the primary responsibility of ARK Events is storyline and events.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Sorry I cannot help you with your issues, there anything else I can do for you? no? have a nice day

that's all GMs and ARKs say when you petition
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

The disconnects were because of a sheer amount of players that arrived. Even ARK events admitted they were having disconnects just like the players did. This thread is entirely over-reactionary. If you wanna blame folks for sucking the fun out of it, then blame the players. This is why I like smaller events more. But, not all events are small and not all of them go smoothly for all involved.

Be aware, if you don't like mass events like that you are not required to hang about.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jul 1st, 2013 at 05:37:08.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I had lots of fun watching, missed the speech though. But that's as may be.
    Not a single LD for me.

Good job, ARK, Lorna and all involved in planning and executing.
    Was really fun.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.