Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where are all the nomads?

I mean. Dude, its okay to keep crying about how {poor} the droprate is.but not everyone wants to hear it 24/7. And its also okay to be upset that I have more token items then you. And to answer your question, yes. I am a troll. To the people that cry about a video game, like yourself. And you are killing them wrong, using a wahwah gun = -99.9 percent chance to get a token item. Maybe try the reality sword. It seems to net better chances
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2013 at 00:44:46.

aww man Anarrina your no fun was being completely civil (not complaining about the moderatorial action) oh well game over
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

well its better than last years birthday is all ill say, as bad as your chances are for loot theyre 100 times better than only the rider being spawned and the usual crap that happens their with 1/5 of the winning raid force getting armor so leaving 4/5 unhappy if you have a competant raid leader never mind anyone outside loot winners raid force

I don't quite understand this spawn logic.
    In halloween and christmas there is thousands of UPHs and leets to kill, so everyone gets loot and everyone is happy.
    Now in birthday there is 1-3 Nomads per square kilometer in 4 playfields and players has to race to get some loot.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Yes, I dont get this logic at all. Collecting 250 of anything is a chore in itself, but collecting 250 things compounded with poor drop rates and limited mobs is just even worse and very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Yes, I dont get this logic at all. Collecting 250 of anything is a chore in itself, but collecting 250 things compounded with poor drop rates and limited mobs is just even worse and very discouraging.
    it gets better... only 1000+ clicks to hand items to npc (click item, use 'give', paste, accept -> repeat) and you must manually stack tokens...

Adventurer Online
    AimedShot Online
    AnotherClicksFest Online

ffs...
    Last edited by Yild13; Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:59:13.

gimme gimme! Farmed 3 token items... And ran out of playtime break. Watching F1 British GP instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

If you don't mind competing with 220's ... the lvl 1 nomads in newland desert drop the Tinker items fairly well.

If you would rather not compete with rude k/s high-level toons, the lvl 30 nomads in newland desert a distance away from the whompas, far enough to be inconvenient for the farmers is not too bad. I have collected a bag full of Tinker items by the time I find a set of 30/40ish armor for my alt in tow.

Funcom can't control the rude high-lvl k/s folks ... I appreciate the increased drop rate on the lvl 1 nomads along with the past-year's goodies.

Thanks FC

Liwa

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    If you don't mind competing with 220's ... the lvl 1 nomads in newland desert drop the Tinker items fairly well.

If you would rather not compete with rude k/s high-level toons, the lvl 30 nomads in newland desert a distance away from the whompas, far enough to be inconvenient for the farmers is not too bad. I have collected a bag full of Tinker items by the time I find a set of 30/40ish armor for my alt in tow.

Funcom can't control the rude high-lvl k/s folks ... I appreciate the increased drop rate on the lvl 1 nomads along with the past-year's goodies.

Thanks FC

Liwa
    yea that's what I been doing, managed 58 tokens so far, figure I should be able to get 250 before it ends so at least I can get a set of ql300 for 1 toon. just gonna farm some 200ish sets in mort for my lowbie alts
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    More low level Desert Nomads have found their way in to the desert!
    Due to an error, the lower level nomads have the correct drop chance for birthday items but the high level ones do not. We apologize for this bug, it will be fixed next year. But for this year, we have just invited more low level nomads to the party. Hopefully some low level players will also benefit from this.

Enjoy.
    Hopefully the people who read this will remember this next year.

It took me 2-3 hours to farm all I needed for my 2 new alts. All I did was to log them in a safe spot in PW and then log my 220 and train some level 250 nomads to that spot and kill them.

I had only 2 problems :
    1. Nomads start to loose aggro and run away if I train them for too long distance.
    2. On 1 occasion when I was reloging to loot on my alt (the are on the same account) just as my lowbie alt was logging in I saw some dumb Clanner looting my QL300 pads.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

That was a smart clanner
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

It took Cutiepiez (A 150 neutral soldier), about 4 hours to get 8 bags of tinker items. He farmed another 30 items in 30 to 40m as a level 15 agent (Cutiespiez). It took me about 2 hours to get every item I needed, and I made a point to give out extra items to people (With my own warper), and gave out another 2 to 3 items.

Let me not mention that Cutiepiez, on his 150 neutral soldier, asked and got an invitation to a desert rider team and won both the vacuum packed armor and clio on his first run. It is unlikely that a person win one or both of these items on the first try, but taking a few attempts is not too complicated.

Not really sure how anyone can be complaining, completely honest. It seems most of the complaints are from people who are either trying to farm Ql250 nomads with a 200 enforcer, or people who I'm guessing had never been ingame.

Unless it's going to turn into, "All of the items needs to drop within 1 hour of being online, a level -4 must be able to walk over to newland desert and one shot the rider to collect every single social item in the game, a vacuum packed suit, another vacuum packed suit in case he unintentionally deletes the first one, a clio, hacked gunship (Because hacking it yourself is inconvenient and "bad game design") otherwise the anniversary is a total trainwreck disaster and Funcom should dissolve entirely as a result."

"And we can't just drop team to kill the fanatics because that's impossible due to the fact that I'm using a cane to play this game."

Game to have achievements to really work towards while having fun, or Second Life 2, choose one and only one.
    Last edited by wonderland; Jul 3rd, 2013 at 02:46:47.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It took Cutiepiez (A 150 neutral soldier), about 4 hours to get 8 bags of tinker items. He farmed another 30 items in 30 to 40m as a level 15 agent (Cutiespiez). It took me about 2 hours to get every item I needed, and I made a point to give out extra items to people (With my own warper), and gave out another 2 to 3 items.

Let me not mention that Cutiepiez, on his 150 neutral soldier, asked and got an invitation to a desert rider team and won both the vacuum packed armor and clio on his first run. It is unlikely that a person win one or both of these items on the first try, but taking a few attempts is not too complicated.

Not really sure how anyone can be complaining, completely honest. It seems most of the complaints are from people who are either trying to farm Ql250 nomads with a 200 enforcer, or people who I'm guessing had never been ingame.

Unless it's going to turn into, "All of the items needs to drop within 1 hour of being online, a level -4 must be able to walk over to newland desert and one shot the rider to collect every single social item in the game, a vacuum packed suit, another vacuum packed suit in case he unintentionally deletes the first one, a clio, hacked gunship (Because hacking it yourself is inconvenient and "bad game design") otherwise the anniversary is a total trainwreck disaster and Funcom should dissolve entirely as a result."

"And we can't just drop team to kill the fanatics because that's impossible due to the fact that I'm using a cane to play this game."

Game to have achievements to really work towards while having fun, or Second Life 2, choose one and only one.
    youve had a good experience lucky you, ive done a couple of riders on my 220 ma, first one i got in a team but we werent the "winning" team for loot, 2nd one didnt get a team so was pretty much as waste of time, as for the desert nomads beyond the droprate of action figures needing to be swapped with tinker handins droprate im broadly satified with them

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    hahahhahaha this
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Making a quest for killing 25 nomads with the reward being a token whut can buy you a single piece of nomad armor from an NPC would not exactly have been a bad idea.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

The total lack of FC response shows how ignorant they are yet again. People fspending lots of time farming tinker items without any chance on DR loot is a big fail once again.

- Last year, everybody was complaining that one org pwnt the desert Raider like mad and got all the loot.
    - Last year, everybody wanted the normal Nomads back.
    - This year, we got normal Nomads back, with a (although bugged on high lvl nomads) loottable for every1 getting a ql300 set with some efforts. People complain.
    - FC spawned gazillions of lvl 1 nomads in NLD to get the items - people complain
    - Desert Rider's Raid is now a joke. Maybe 20 folks there - People complain.

I farmed all nomad playfields on several toons where i needed some stuff, on and off, without wasting all my playtime on it. Got all stuff. Dont need Tinker items, dont need a damn clio. Just had fun keeling em and get my phatz.

WTB FC putting all phats on static SL dungeons next year. Now that would be fun!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    - Last year, everybody was complaining that one org pwnt the desert Raider like mad and got all the loot.
    - Last year, everybody wanted the normal Nomads back.
    - This year, we got normal Nomads back, with a (although bugged on high lvl nomads) loottable for every1 getting a ql300 set with some efforts. People complain.
    - FC spawned gazillions of lvl 1 nomads in NLD to get the items - people complain
    - Desert Rider's Raid is now a joke. Maybe 20 folks there - People complain.

I farmed all nomad playfields on several toons where i needed some stuff, on and off, without wasting all my playtime on it. Got all stuff. Dont need Tinker items, dont need a damn clio. Just had fun keeling em and get my phatz.

WTB FC putting all phats on static SL dungeons next year. Now that would be fun!
    its the droprate of the tinker items that even FC admit its bugged but wont be fixed till next year that annoys me, we'll stop complaining when FC get it right

The droprate of tinker items wasn't bugged. The issue was high level nomads weren't dropping all the (older) birthday stuff the introduced level 1 Nomads now drop. From farming the tokens for one toon the droprate is about the same on all levels, but the sheer number and low hp make level 1s the most efficient place for it.

Btw, has there been any official word how long this will last? I saw a bunch of people saying today was the last day, but that looked more like a promotional strategy since they were selling the packs of token items. ^^
    As long as there is life, there is hope for an end...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast