Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where are all the nomads?

So where are all the nomads?

I have visited all the locations the Tinker said the nomads were and I have barely seen any. Maybe 1-6 (6 is really pushing it, I only say 6 cause I saw a couple of corpses combined with the 1-2 I killed) nomads per tower site and I have not seen any randomly roaming the desert whilst flying to other locations.

The mission description says he needs Gift Wrapping Paper, Beautiful Ribbon Bow, Super Effective Tape, Paper Clip, Delicious Chewing Gum, Plastic Container with Strange Powder Electrical Wires. I dont know how people are going to collect these items efficiently with so few nomads.

So please, tell me I am doing something wrong, or tell me more will be popping as the days go by? If neither are true, then more nomads need to be up.

Right now, 90% of our population is out killing Nomads.

Give it a day or two and the interest will tone down some.

About those towersites, then im not sure where that notion came from, but nomads are in the deserts, and not focused around towersites.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    About those towersites, then im not sure where that notion came from, but nomads are in the deserts, and not focused around towersites.
    Bigger crowds of em there, though.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

There aren't a ton of people killing them. I have seen people killing them but no swarms of people and even if there were a ton of people doing they sure as hell aren't hanging out at the various tower sites I visited except the ones in PW. The problem I am having with the Nomads is that there are so few of them.

Ok let me try to rephrase then

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    So please, tell me I am doing something wrong, or tell me more will be popping as the days go by? If neither are true, then more nomads need to be up.
    Yes you are. All the people that are trying to convince you that you only have to check the towersites are full of sh*t and are probably in the process of killing all the nomads that wander around the deserts.

My problem isn't finding nomads. It IS, however, getting the party items to drop. I've killed ~100 so far, looted 3 party items. I've had more 300 armor pieces drop than party items. Intended?

I'd farm a set faster from outdoor mobs than getting near 100 items, much less the required 250 for the vacuum sealed tender.

(I don't have a dog in the fight, I looted stuffs from the past 2 anniversary's. Clio's and armor suits across all my tl7's. I do remember how much harder it became to spawn the npc during the 2nd week year before last. With the current droprate, I can see it getting pretty bad if they don't adjust the droprate on the 'party items' )
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Jun 27th, 2013 at 18:57:40.

If you are so adamant that they are in the deserts then where specifically. You are making it sound like the majority/most of the nomads are just roaming the deserts? Because as I mentioned in my first post, I have traveled to every tower site in the designated zones and by travel I mean I flew there tabbing the entire time and the only time I saw nomads roaming were in BS right by Home and those 2 nomads I could not attack. The paths I took to each tower site was fairly direct and definitely over desert terrain, so I have a hard time believing you.

You also state that nomads are not focused around tower sites, which is clearly a mistake because I have seen them at tower sites. So whats the story chief?

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    My problem isn't finding nomads. It IS, however, getting the party items to drop. I've killed ~100 so far, looted 3 party items. I've had more 300 armor pieces drop than party items. Intended?

I'd farm a set faster from outdoor mobs than getting near 100 items, much less the required 250 for the vacuum sealed tender.
    My problem as well coupled with not finding nomads.

Ql 250 Nomads around the 120-180 towerfield in Perpetual Wastelands near fgrid exit 10m.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    If you are so adamant that they are in the deserts then where specifically. You are making it sound like the majority/most of the nomads are just roaming the deserts? Because as I mentioned in my first post, I have traveled to every tower site in the designated zones and by travel I mean I flew there tabbing the entire time and the only time I saw nomads roaming were in BS right by Home and those 2 nomads I could not attack. The paths I took to each tower site was fairly direct and definitely over desert terrain, so I have a hard time believing you.

You also state that nomads are not focused around tower sites, which is clearly a mistake because I have seen them at tower sites. So whats the story chief?
    I am adamant still. Right after I posted my last reply I went to Mort. Spent around 15-20 mins there and found at least 20-30 nomads. One thing I didnt see however, was a single other player.

So did you see nomads at towersites that wasnt placed in a desert? If that is the case I apologize. If the towersites you have spotted nomads near, are located in a desert, then its no wonder theres nomads.

Something I will agree upon though, is the droprates. I get an avg of 2.3 action figures for every nomad I kill, but only one birthday item pr like 10-20 kills. It feels like someone messed up some loot tables.

Yeah, loot is weird... killed 30 and got 1 tinker-item, rest was just those statues or whatever and 2 armor pieces...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

MachSchau, crude is correct in that they are not only in the tower fields.

They are indeed in the tower fields but they also spawn all over the desert regions NLD, Mort, Broken Shores, and PW.
    The west side of these zones are where to look from experience, and PW is obviously the place to look for level 250s.

I've killed over 100 today too and found about 7 things for the tinker... which is a little upsetting.
    C'est la vie.

Good luck hunting all!

Teamed up with like 15 people yesterday to pop the first Desert Rider this year when an omni douche bag brought a flag and we got zerged, losing loot. So I decided there's no point in actively raiding it with {others} and tried to farm 250 items for my set. After 5 hours of killing Nomads across 3 zones, I managed to raise 11 birthday items. Thanks for the event but with this droprate...{no one} would waste 100 playtime hours for a set of armor you only use maybe once.
    Maybe, instead of having a fun social event, I can call 4 shades and a trader and just win loot on the Rider every time, allowing me to sell lootrights.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 29th, 2013 at 05:44:07.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

This whole thing is terrible. I see people hoarding nomads in pw now 3+ at a time. They are pulling all they can so others can't get them. The drops rates on ql300 are squat all I see are action figures and dumb shirts. At the rate this is going I'll have to quit work or call off sick for a week to collect a set that isn't based on luck of winning from the rider. The drop rate from the rider is just pathetic.. Six is reasonable? We had a server merge you know?

Well, even though only six drop at a time, if theres two servers worth of people out farming (and I had little trouble finding riders in mort, newland desert, and broken shores) Twice as many riders will be spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    This whole thing is terrible. I see people hoarding nomads in pw now 3+ at a time. They are pulling all they can so others can't get them.
    Pull one of theirs and kill it, there's NOTHING he can do about it. It's not kill-steal, it's not OD-ing and it's not harassement.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Pull one of theirs and kill it, there's NOTHING he can do about it. It's not kill-steal, it's not OD-ing and it's not harassement.
    Well, it would be ODing, but there's nothing wrong with that on mobs in the wild.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Point is this not a happy celebratory event, the way its designed it brings out the worst in people and paints the game in a purely negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Point is this not a happy celebratory event, the way its designed it brings out the worst in people and paints the game in a purely negative light.
    This basically happens in most celebrations in MMOs nowadays.
    But AO is a very special situation as the items are very strong twinking toys so everyone wants them and if possible also for their alts and twinks.

Btw: Is there any known spot for 200 Nomads?
    Found 30, 50, 100, 150 and 250. But no 200 which is sad as I am trying to get a 250 set on my lvlng Fix atm
    Yuria - Shade - Opifex - 220 / changing / even more changing :P
    Pinkfox - Fixer - Opifex
    Scootsy - Adventurer - Solitus
    Eisfuchs - MA - Atrox
    Dashing - Doctor - Solitus

<3 The Asylum <3

Haven't played in weeks, log in just to farm some bday goodies, see like 6 nomads per zone with weak sauce drops.

Though guess it's better than the fail of last year... Go AO Devs, keep failing less, you'll get it right sooner or later!^^
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast